WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Like actually making face/hair mask. Get in a sauna or something? Purchasing vitamins/supplements beauty products?
I feel like I've been neglecting all this. Today I felt my face and my skin was dreadful I looked easily 4 years older. My hair been falling out like crazy (pretty sure I have anemia) it used to be half my thigh in length and now it looks unhealthy and weak. I just can't find the motivation to do anything about it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993 and 8 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
There's a part of me that feels like there's no point, but I still try to take care of my skin in an effort to not feel so crappy about myself and the way I look.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993 and 9 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I wish I did, but I was always too lazy to bother. At this point I just don't think it's worth it for me to start.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, Deleted member 4993, Myforevercharlie and 4 others
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I used to. Now I just quickly brush through my hair so it's not all over the place but not really caring what it looks like and wipe my face once with a wet washcloth, which probably doesn't do much. I used to use a facial scrub and masks. Now I don't have the energy and don't see the point anymore. I'm giving up.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Cowtipper, Deleted member 4993, Myforevercharlie and 5 others
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
Like actually making face/hair mask. Get in a sauna or something? Purchasing vitamins/supplements beauty products?
I feel like I've been neglecting all this. Today I felt my face and my skin was dreadful I looked easily 4 years older. My hair been falling out like crazy (pretty sure I have anemia) it used to be half my thigh in length and now it looks unhealthy and weak. I just can't find the motivation to do anything about it.
I buy a lot of expensive products but I tend to always forget to apply them at whatever time of the day/winter solstice/millisecond you're supposed to apply them. My hair and skin look amazing when I actually keep up the routine. I've been lazy lately so my skin isn't as dewy. It's a lot of time and work.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Myforevercharlie, pickajack and 2 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I used to have an extensive skin care routine, using sheet masks, toners, cleansers, oils and stuff like that. Did it twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed. I also always used to take care of my hair. Both have kinda disappeared now, I no longer care about my skin and have frequent breakouts as a result. I miss it. I used to enjoy it, how everything smelt so nice and my skin felt so good.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: glitxo, sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993 and 8 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I hydrate and nourish my hair twice a week, I feel a little better seeing it curly, but when I remember that I'm going to kill myself this year I don't feel like anything else

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Myforevercharlie, Élégie and 4 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I take care of my skin because acne makes me feel way way worse. I use vitamins and skin therapy machines if I feel like it. I have seen great improvement. Now my hair....nope I hardly wash it because it's so thick and takes forever to do anything with.I recently cut it because it was way too long and dyed it back to my natural color so I could have less maintenance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Myforevercharlie, Élégie and 5 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Water and shampoo + water and face soap.
Nothing fancy.

The shelves in my bathroom used to look like a well-stacked pharmacy when I was in my 20s. You would find everything and then some. Money down the drain. Literally.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, WitheringAway, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't do anything beyond putting on soap/shampoo when I shower. I only shampoo my hair every two days though because I heard doing that every day can be bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: sufferingalways, WitheringAway, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I give myself a grade one haircut every month. Practical. I trim the beard right back once a week but I no longer shave because razors are so expensive. I'm fair skinned but I tan well in the sun from all those years of working outside. I do nothing to my skin except maybe moisturise my hands if they dry out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, WitheringAway, XYZ and 2 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I used to!

Before I slipped back into the depressive shithole I'm in now I was really into skincare, it was like actually almost a hobby of mine earlier this year.

Every morning:
Cleanser: Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel
Exfoliater: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Toner: Aesop B & Tea Balancing Toner
Serum: Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum
Moisturise: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

And then night:
Makeup remover: Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution
Serum: Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Serum
Eye Cream: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
Moisturiser: Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream

It was like a serious hobby, every morning and night and my skin looked amazing.

I haven't even washed my face in months now. I just look at it sitting there in my bathroom and can't even be bothered to use it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway, XYZ, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
kinda. i wash my hair every two days and apply hair vitamin after that. i use face wash and when i go out i apply some face moisturizer but that's about it lol. lately i tried using eye mask to reduce the dark circles under my eyes but idk if it works.

• Hugs
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Depends on how depressed I am. I'm lucky that my skin doesn't require much attention. I moisturize when I remember. That's about all I can seem to manage lately.

I used to have awesome hair. It's been not so healthy for awhile, though. Vitamin deficiency and thryoid hormone imbalance is 100% the problem. I can't seem to do much more than cry about how thin and awful it looks, though. Oh well, my fault. I tend to tie it back and neglect it between washings. Need to get it cut soon, but I've been saying that for awhile. I do keep my dye looking fresh, though (it's usually blue or purple). It's the only thing left of who I used to be.

• Hugs
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i don't do much for my face besides wash it, but i have to take care of my hair, or else it's a pain in the ass to deal with. i want to at least look like i've got myself put together.

• Hugs

2Headpats4You

Oct 10, 2020
I've never had to.
I stopped brushing my teeth months ago.
I plan to hang myself next week.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Mr2005, marcusuk63, WitheringAway and 2 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
My hair is my one pride, so I take extremely good care of it. Shampoo and conditioner 2/3 times a week, hair mask every 2 weeks, and only let my split ends remove by a hairdresser I trust (my niece)
Skin, I really like scrubs, I use a normal day and eye cream but the ' advantaged' versions of it ( read, anti wrinkle) . The rest just normal products. Don't like sauna's, but love 'thermal' baths

Reactions: WitheringAway, XYZ, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
I used to!

Before I slipped back into the depressive shithole I'm in now I was really into skincare, it was like actually almost a hobby of mine earlier this year.

Every morning:
Exfoliater: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Serum: Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum
Moisturise: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

And then night:
Makeup remover: Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution
Serum: Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Serum
Eye Cream: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
Moisturiser: Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream

It was like a serious hobby, every morning and night and my skin looked amazing.

I haven't even washed my face in months now. I just look at it sitting there in my bathroom and can't even be bothered to use it.
Posting ur products motivated me to search some of them and look up the reviews.. part of me wants to try it out tbh feels like something that would ease up my anxiety over it.

Reactions: AJ95 and k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I think one of the things that bothers me most about feeling so apathetic as far as this topic goes is I have so many great products just going to waste because I just can't make myself care.

A friend of mine gave me this hair treatment called Alterna Caviar CC Cream last Christmas. It smells great and really made my hair super soft. Highly recommended if anyone is looking for such things (it's often half price on Amazon).

• Love
Reactions: glitxo and WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
I think one of the things that bothers me most about feeling so apathetic as far as this topic goes is I have so many great products just going to waste because I just can't make myself care.

A friend of mine gave me this hair treatment called Alterna Caviar CC Cream last Christmas. It smells great and really made my hair super soft. Highly recommended if anyone is looking for such things (it's often half price on Amazon).
When I used to forget taking my birth control pills I decided to make a to do list and hang it near the tv to remember (I tried a phone reminder but I still messed it up) It felt fun to check it out. I will probably try this with the products I'm gonna buy will see if it gives me any sort of motivation haha

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
When I used to forget taking my birth control pills I decided to make a to do list and hang it near the tv to remember (I tried a phone reminder but I still messed it up) It felt fun to check it out. I will probably try this with the products I'm gonna buy will see if it gives me any sort of motivation haha
That's a great idea. I think if you start seeing results you like, that'll help you be more motivated as well.

Reactions: WitheringAway
Leftover

Leftover

I'd love to have something wise written here.
Oct 10, 2020
The idea of washing my face never crossed my mind, actually. Why should I take care of something I absolutely can't stand?

I guess I wash my hair once a week, if my monthly motivation reserves have completely run out every two. Or when I get the urge to tear away my scalp. Whatever comes first.
All in all I don't really take care of my appearance since nobody notices me anyway.

• Hugs
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
i let myself go when im off of work, vacation, etc

If i didnt have a job i probably wouldnt take a shower for days.

• Aww..
Reactions: WitheringAway and Leftover
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I havent cut.my hair in 2 years. I wash it so it doesnt smell bad and sometimes i even brush it.

• Hugs
Reactions: glitxo and WitheringAway
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I don't do anything beyond putting on soap/shampoo when I shower. I only shampoo my hair every two days though because I heard doing that every day can be bad.

I would love to be able to wash mine more than once every .. 8-10 days, which is the average. You're lucky to have energy.

If your hair is greasy there's the belief don't use water too hot, or it makes the sebaceous glands grease up faster.
Mine's greasy and I cut it in a style away from my face. Never trained as a hairdresser but my housemate says it doesn't look too bad, considering. Haven't had long hair for years, and prefer it short. No messing around just wash and let dry.
My routine is Night time cleanse, tone and a thick moisturiser under my eyes. I use the cleanser regularly throughout the evening (my days start late afternoons) or I wouldn't be able to scratch/ touch my face.

Reactions: WitheringAway and Dr Iron Arc
deadbeat

deadbeat

Sep 9, 2020
It's kind of strange, I make sure to apply moisturizer twice a day as well as wash my face but if I know I won't be seeing anyone I won't shower for days.
I guess because you can just wash your hair eventually and it'll look fine but neglecting your face will leave you with bad skin for a while.
I used to care more about self expression through my appearance but I'm too poor to look how I want to look.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I take care of my skin because acne makes me feel way way worse. I use vitamins and skin therapy machines if I feel like it. I have seen great improvement. Now my hair....nope I hardly wash it because it's so thick and takes forever to do anything with.I recently cut it because it was way too long and dyed it back to my natural color so I could have less maintenance.
Ok originally I said I was sort of taking care of my skin...nope that's thrown out the now window too.

• Hugs
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I do. I'm depressed but i still take care of my self because if I wasn't able to do that I'd probably be dead already. I think I might have partial ocd or something but if I'm not clean and don't do certain habits that I do I will get anxious and want to self harm and just disappear from this planet. So I still do self care- I shower once or sometimes twice a day, I brush my teeth and stuff. I go to a dermatologist for a gel for my acne cause it used to be really bad, I eat supplements from time to time but I usually forget about them. I use moisturizer on my face, I cut my hair really short so I don't have to take much care of it but I still shampoo and conditioner everyday. I also do gel nails every 2 or 3 weeks (at home ofc)..I won't get crazy avoid the nails but if I couldn't shampoo or shower for a while I'd for real probably kill myself with anything by my side

Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I have seborrheic dermatitis and try to not give a fuck.

• Aww..