PAfb_640

PAfb_640

Budak Bunuh Diri
Feb 22, 2023
I only managed to make one friend from online. Even then, it was because he was super extroverted. From Reddit, he gave me his number and moved to WhatsApp where he is more active, and he often DMs me on my statuses. That is probably the most social our relationship for the time being.

• Aww..
Reactions: nattns, sadjenny and Lostandlooking
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Not everyone on here will want to chat, but if you see someone's post that you identify with a lot, maybe shoot them a chat message (if you can, may need more posts). The Recovery group chat is a bit slow but check it out too maybe.

• Love
Reactions: Valky, Ultracheese, Toy and 1 other person
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I got two friends from online interactions. Just social media sites where we struck up a conversation. Not this site though. They're long term friendships. So it's definitely possible. But it can be difficult. I could not keep up with an extroverted person for instance. My friends need to be okay with me and the need for social interaction (frequency) needs to be about equal for both persons. (I only speak or chat to friends about once a week, see them every couple of months, but if it would take longer for a bit that wouldn't be a problem) And there also needs to be some shared interests and some alignment about ethics and the important things in life. I'm not looking for new friends anymore. In the past when I connected with people 95% of the time there was a huge discrepancy in expectations. And I just can't deal with those expectations anymore. I feel like with 95% of people out there it wouldn't be possible. So I can imagine how searching for friends can be difficult. I think it would be possible on a site like this. (For other people still looking for friends) Just totally depends on the individuals.

Reactions: redbathingduck
manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
I met one of my closest friend on Omegle, it was completely at random. We both just happened to be looking under the 'gay' tag lol. Another I found through a group chat. Honestly just find ways to meet other people who you share an interest with. Discord is a good place for finding servers dedicated to one topic

No luck on SS though. There are quite a lot of great people here though

Reactions: Heavenbound and Lostandlooking
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
yes, i have made friends and had relationships (both platonic and romantic) from online interactions. it's risky, but with time you can get to know someone pretty well. i think i was 22 when i met someone off a filesharing app, that has been 20yrs ago and i felt safe going to meet him overseas. we had a years long relationship, broke up yet still are online friends. i think actually that most of my irl frienships have come from online communities of some sort, either video games or support groups. it's easier to find someone with the same interests as me. i think human interaction is a risk whether you meet them irl first or online first, in fact I have been fukt over more by ppl i met irl first, maybe that plus more accessibility is why over the years i hide behind the keyboard more and more with time, but it is important to keep in mind that the most fukt up person you could possibly meet irl, well, they know right where to look for easy prey online, be careful.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, looseye, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
witheringDreams

witheringDreams

Mar 21, 2023
I feel like I'm able to sometimes connect with people for a short while, but it pretty much always comes to nothing eventually. And even in the 2 or 3 cases where it lasted a bit longer, I never got to meet them in person. It always feels like I'm a burden or bore them at some point and they moved on.

Reactions: Meretricious, NumbItAll, sadjenny and 1 other person
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
No.
I have had some very good interactions on this site but no one would qualify as a friend .
We keep identifiable details anonymous. People also don't stay long on this forum .

Most people here are not malicious but be careful there are some predators on this site.

• Informative
Reactions: Stoldy and leeloosnow
fountainhead

fountainhead

Mar 26, 2023
I tend to avoid relationships with people. I struggle with relationship irl and online. New on this site but I don't planning on maintaining any relationship. But who knows. Never say never. I can barely brush my teeth or take a shower in the morning so responding to a basic message more than once is an big hurdle.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, epic, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
S

sadjenny

Student
Feb 13, 2023
When I write here on SS, I choose to call everyone I meet "friend". Because although we may not be friends in a traditional way, we share something sad and special in common. And this is the closest feeling of kin I have ever had to imagine what a "real" friend must be like. I like it here. It is as though I have many friends, briefly.

I tend to avoid relationships with people. I struggle with relationship irl and online. New on this site but I don't planning on maintaining any relationship. But who knows. Never say never. I can barely brush my teeth or take a shower in the morning so responding to a basic message more than once is an big hurdle.

Similar. I am sorry we share the same struggles, friend. I haven't brushed my teeth once in the year 2023, and maybe I showered last month, I can't remember. So finding the energy to be social is an uphill climb. I have 4 unread messages in my inbox here as we speak that I am too riddled with anxiety to check.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: imissmykitten, Ultracheese, N33dT0D13 and 4 others
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
I only managed to make one friend from online. Even then, it was because he was super extroverted. From Reddit, he gave me his number and moved to WhatsApp where he is more active, and he often DMs me on my statuses. That is probably the most social our relationship for the time being.
Honestly, I have more online friends than IRL. Due to social anxiety, I can really communicate well through text (not always but better than actually speaking) I have this one friend, who I met while recruiting in a video game, we've been friends since 2018. Literally my best friend, and I'm friends with her whole family too. We plan on meeting in IRL. Amazing human beings.

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
Unfortunately, this site's purpose doesn't really make it the best place to make friends. Privacy is extremely important and people are understandably reluctant to share info about themselves. I would like to make some friends here as well, but it's hard to stay on top of communication sometimes due to my illness.

Reactions: somedayillbefree
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
On this site, as in real life, the most endearing and interesting people don't last long.

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Meretricious and not_actually_human
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Actually met a handful of friends on the internet that I hold close to my heart and care about :)

Stoldy

Stoldy

Born loser
Apr 20, 2023
I have more friends on the internet than in real life. But as far as this site, I have yet to make friends with anyone. That could very well change.

veryyred

veryyred

Apr 29, 2023
I made friends on the internet but they usually don't last, it's also partly my fault because I get shy about messaging first and think I'm a bother so I lose touch with them fast. Now it's kind of hard for me to make friends because of the fear of abandonment haha.

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
I met my best friend through a matchmaking app. I am always surprised how far we have gone together. They're closer to me then everyone I've known in my life. As for people on here, sadly I haven't found anyone I would qualify as "friends". But there are certain members that are really lovely and I care for them a lot, even if I don't show it

• Hugs
Reactions: epic
sashimi_

sashimi_

salmon and cucumber maki
Apr 27, 2023
i have made quite a lot of internet friends over the years but theuy frequently seem to fizzle out as our lives change directions.. i think its easier for online friends to be more fickle but i find it really hard to make irl friends. but whether i stay friends with online people a long time or not, i still like that theres people out there readily available to communicate with on so many different topics - like here .

Reactions: imissmykitten
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
I have. Met many amazing souls here in my short time here already and am happy a couple have chosen to get to talk and grow a more meaningful connection. Makes me happy I found this place.

imissmykitten

imissmykitten

heart rot
May 7, 2023
the only friends i have had in the last decade were all online. i think they are good, but often people treat it as disposable and values real life more over it, unfortunately.

i don't make many online friends anymore, but lately i started speaking to someone in the hikikomori community and i like talking to them a lot. i look forward to all of their messages and i really appreciate them. the good thing about online friendships is that you can find people similar to you.

Reactions: sashimi_
deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
Here no. But made some connections online. Some turned to irl.
After some time, all disappeared.

All of my friends become strangers after some time. Friendships are not forever in my case.

RedHotRage

RedHotRage

May 1, 2023
I'm an extrovert, so I make friends easily, both irl and online. But very few of them would I consider true, meaningful friends.

bruised

bruised

bruises that won’t heal
Apr 26, 2023
not sure about this site but i usually make friends on video games as that's my hobby, you can even make friends on silly mobile games lol. i've had a long time online friend for about 5 years i met on overwatch. you give them some sort of social media such as discord or instagram etc etc and just see how it goes.

reddit is also a good place to find people to talk to so you could keep trying that but just be careful about how much personal information you give out such as your phone number and real name as there are some real weirdos on there!

Reactions: imissmykitten
lovesickness

lovesickness

Apr 30, 2023
Personally, I don't really make any friends online or offline. Even if I'm friendly with a person and have some form of correspondence, it all eventually fizzles out, and I'm back to being by myself. I've completely given up on forming any sort of connection with people in general.

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
ive managed to make a couple of acquaintances online, but theyve never gone further than maybe sharing one social media, and i always end up ruining the friendship by running away anyway. even irl friends i end up running away eventually. i get scared that ill poison their mind with my awful personality and problems. it fills me with so much anxiety when they eventually stop putting effort in to reaching out because im too scared to reach out to them but i know that ill never talk to them again if i dont. i used to say i never wanted friends, which i still believe in, but i also see the importance of human connection, annoyingly. when im lonely i yearn for a friend, but when i have a friend im terrified of it. im also just shit at talking to people so no one really has a reason to call me a friend, i think the only reason i still have irl friends is because i do things for them when they ask me to. i havent had a best friend since i was a child. someone that just likes being around me because im me instead of because i serve them somehow. bc as a kid you cant serve anyone anything, youre just a kid. even then i still used to feel like my friends only liked me when i had a toy they could play with or food they could eat.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered
luminiby

luminiby

bubble buddy
Apr 14, 2023
I like to think I've made some "friends" on here, but really Im just on here so much that I see the same people everyday and welcome new accounts in the chat room. You could make a friend if you really wanted to, but keep in mind you're still on a ctb site. Your time with these friends are usually limited

C:/

C:/

Apr 10, 2023
ive made a really tight group of friends on this server, we all talk in a private discord
its a good sight seeing people getting better and rehabilitating

Deadweight

Deadweight

It's spilling out of me
Nov 10, 2021
I don't want to make friends with anyone on this site. The risk of co-dependencey is too high, getting dragged into each other's issues, dealing with each other's behaviours neither of us are equipped or trained to manage safely. Friendly but not friends is usually the my approach with other mentally ill people. Gotta keep yourself safe, gotta keep other's safe from you.

Reactions: somedayillbefree
Square251

Square251

Mar 19, 2023
Maybe not here specifically but some of my truly closest friends are online. Even though we've never met irl, we've been friends for years now and we trust each other with everything. Yes online friendships can definitely be risky but so is every other kind of friendship really. It's definitely possible to make close friends.

K

Kittzuni

Pull u close & OD, I'll love u 'til I'm comatose.
May 7, 2023
I met most of my friends friends online via gaming. A few others via forums like reddit or on discord. I've traveled to different countries to meet them and they traveled to mine to attend my wedding.

I have not met any of my current friends irl though... on that note, I can't even remember a single person whom I ever called "friend" that I had met irl outside of school/work.

I never really planned to meet anyone online or make friends... I just spent a shit ton of time online which resulted in talking to the same people over and over again. After a while you get attached and start talking more and more until you call them friends I guess. I'm also very introverted and I've never had problems with this so I don't really see your issue.