• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sadidiot0328

sadidiot0328

I feel like I died long ago
Jun 1, 2023
I stay inside my room alot/have troubles with sleeping so I'm visibly pale and with eye bags. When family asks I either lie and say it's preparing for my next semester or its bc of my new internship. Or it's simply "I'm tired" to people I'm not very close to. What about you guys?

Reactions: WhatPowerIs, rosepanda, chronicdissosiation and 3 others
EmmaQanbana

EmmaQanbana

What's there to love of an empty husk?
May 31, 2023
For me it depends on who I'm talking to

I'm not very close to my family so I tell them "It's nothing" since they'll just eat that up

My close friends I tell them that I didn't really sleep or that I had a shitty sleep

Or something that I'm not close to at all I straight up lie and say I'm fine and/or that they should mind their business

Reactions: Ironborn
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I try to hide it but it doesn't matter since it's obvious that I'm depressed. I just rot in my room all day. Honestly, I like rotting in my room but being perpetually isolated in my room gives it away. I don't even rot in my room due to depression. I do it because I simply don't want to do anything in the first place. I am depressed but for other reasons and I'll never tell my parents what those reasons are

• Love
Reactions: Sylveon, chronicdissosiation, sserafim and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I try to hide it somewhat but it always surfaces at some point

isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
None of my family members ever had any idea I was ever depressed. To them I was a happy guy.

My friends know everything though and I know about my friends time when they were depressed. In a way my friends and I lifted each other out of depression.

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I used to but it got too difficult and I had to tell my girls that I live with and my siblings. My parents don't know yet, somehow. I visit them quite rarely and we almost never talk about serious stuff.
Also my ex boss knows because I told her to make her feel sorry for me after they fired me for no reason. I regret it though. + I guess more people know because she definitely spread this information out.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yes except my parents but they are desensitized to it

Reactions: chronicdissosiation, thebelljarrr and Ironborn
C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
The few times I've tried 'opening up' to anyone it has then ended in me playing up to it all a lot more and making all sorts of scenes. Totally inappropriate in most scenarios. Back to keeping to myself. People have suspicions but I have no answers or words so I have ended up running away, isolating, ghosting. Not great but oddly keeps me functional and independent in the bigger picture. Short term/seasonal type stuff where I can acceptably remain fairly anonymous.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Ironborn
Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
I've been depressed my whole life. When I was a kid I couldn't really hide it, but no one really seemed to care anyway.
Started hiding it more in my teens and have mostly continued to do that. My family still didn't care, and it's not really socially acceptable to be depressed. It's only "ok not to be ok" as long as they don't have to see it.
My real friends have known. Most of them have some kind of mental health issues themselves, so they sort of get it.

Reactions: chronicdissosiation and Ironborn
Ironborn

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
Hid it for years then when I tried to ctb they knew for sure.
Not like there were any signs:
Alcoholism
Jumping between jobs
No social life
Only when it became an inconvenience they showed any interest and it was all about how they felt.
Yeah that's WHY I never said anything you cunts.
On a positive note I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since the night of my attempt and I've finally seen what my family is really like.
I've written the lot of them out of my will, haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, thebelljarrr and ConfusedClouds
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I have a bunch of serious medical problems, so I think everyone knows I'm not doing great. I don't talk about my depression to anyone though. I once told my husband I have suicidal thoughts, and it didn't go well. I just don't say anything anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: chronicdissosiation, Ironborn, thebelljarrr and 1 other person
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Jun 16, 2024
Yeah but I'm such a mess at social events sometimes that I don't think it's much of a secret

Reactions: chronicdissosiation
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
I hide it from my family.....they know Ive been to therapy a few times. I just don't let them know the extent of my depression or the thoughts I have.
It would hurt them immensely if they had any idea of this. I know they would try to help as much as they could.
If they knew the thoughts & plans I have for ctb,,,,they could more than likely commit me against my will. Everyone would then know it all.....

Friends and coworkers, I hide as well. I don't want them to think of me as someone that needs help or coddling.

My spouse, knows. I dont remember telling them my entire plan, but after a fight one time, they reminded me of what I told them. We had a fight about meeting up with some of my relatives for dinner...I didnt want to go, didnt feel like being around them..... but my spouse wanted to go. My spouse wouldnt take no for an answer but after awhile they understood, or at least I thought. To my surprise. they wrote me a letter and reminded me of ctb plan. I wasn't expecting that.
They tried to use my ctb plans it against me to make me feel guilty for not going to dinner with my relatives. They made it about them in that I was denying them from being social.... and then told me I needed to get help or else.

So I keep it all to myself now. They will all know how I felt after my ctb.
I have made audio recordings that tell everything,

• Hugs
Reactions: chronicdissosiation
I

imnotsurewhy

Feb 19, 2024
Yup its not that i m embarrased or anything its just that the look the people give you when you tell them..absolutely hate it i know most people mean no harm but if i tell someone anyone its just makes me paranoid

chronicdissosiation

chronicdissosiation

sell your sands of time and invest in the knife
Feb 17, 2024
not necessarily, my family has been aware of my depression and suicidal ideation but it's not like they really care. i mean they have their own lives to worry about…so i guess ive been shrugged off lol. with friends, they have their own mental health issues and seem to care about mine but not enough to talk to me about it

promegranate_

promegranate_

I just wanna disappear :)
Jul 20, 2024
yes.... normally I pretend all the time.... I'm always smiling and laughing like I'm the happiest person in the world. whereas inside I'm just dying and screaming how much I can't take it anymore....

rosepanda

rosepanda

Jul 20, 2024
I only share with people I consider extremely close and lie to everyone else

hematomatema

hematomatema

Feb 29, 2024
Less hide it, more play it off as if it's nothing. So far no one except for my family has even began to think I have some long-lasting depression, and my family only have it in the back of their mind because of a previous attempt.

heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
I hide the severity of it pretty well, but I've had passive suicidal ideations since I was 7(I'm 43 now) and my parents told me more than once that I was always a sad little kid, so there's only so much I can hide. I don't talk about my depression, but if I'm tired of hearing myself I can only imagine how anyone that knows me feels about me being a broken record. I've never hidden the fact that I've always been convinced that I'll ultimately ctb someday, I just don't know when. It'll either be from what I call my Ophelia Complex, or another method. But since I've gotten more serious in my plans, no one in my life knows. I'm just the usual mopey me.

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I feel like I should start hiding it so that people will begin to have a modicum of respect towards me.

• Hugs
Reactions: acey
Yoñlü×

Yoñlü×

Jul 19, 2024
Yes, usually the people see me depressed and question over that, but I simply lie saying "i'm so tired" or "It's nothing", and they forget that

lv-nii

lv-nii

seeing the light...
Jul 7, 2024
Yes, my family knows, but only superficially so to speak. My close friends do know most of my problems, sometimes they don't want to talk about it or it makes them uncomfortable, I don't blame them, although it hurts, at least they don't know about my suicidal thoughts (although sometimes I give hints about it)

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I sometimes mask. Other times my mood just bleeds out and effects others. I ruined last holiday.