• yes

Votes: 100 67.6%
  • no

Votes: 48 32.4%

• Total voters
V

Verklempt

Dec 30, 2019
For me, yes. I don't think any one knows that I am dealing with a mental illness. On the outside I put on a mask but behind close doors I hate my life. I feel like I shouldn't burden anyone with my problems and I don't want people to pity me because I have a mental illness. I pretend that I'm ok, which I'm not. I give up on trying to get help since I don't see the point. I was just wondering if anyone is dealing with this and that I'm not alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Let Me Go, Gosuipo, Tired_of_myself and 12 others
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
I don't have to hide, cause nobody asks even.

• Hugs
Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, Manfrotto99, Gosuipo and 8 others
Jiggers334

Jiggers334

Jan 22, 2019
for me Yes bc What other choice do I have?

• Love
Reactions: Lancellottix and Verklempt
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Yes. I'm successful, about 70%of the time.

• Love
Reactions: H25pital Order, _Minsk, Cutepoison and 1 other person
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
I do both I guess. I act like my depression is a joke to most of my friends and just keep smiling. That's probably why they don't think of me as depressed haha. Does anyone else pretend it is a joke when it is actually very serious and not okay?

Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, H25pital Order, Journeytoletgo and 4 others
Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
I can't hide it even if I try people notice anyway.

• Love
Reactions: jflowers, H25pital Order and Verklempt
S

SugarbushMtn

Student
Dec 15, 2019
Every day, just dont talk about that side of things

• Hugs
Reactions: H25pital Order and Verklempt
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Part of the reason I want to CTB. I'm sick and tired of pasting a fake smile on my face.

• Hugs
Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, Manfrotto99, divinemistress36 and 3 others
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
The only reason I hide my depression is because I'm seriously suicidal and don't want to be stopped.

i used to not hide my depression but no one cared to ever ask how I feel. I dont remember the last time I've been asked how I've felt, the last time I received any words of encouragement at all.

Im an invisible ghost to the world, no one cares about me or even acknowledges my existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, Journeytoletgo, RedPanda and 7 others
reapandsow918

reapandsow918

Let the waves take me
Nov 6, 2019
^^^same as post above. In order to reach CTB and destroy my depression/suicidal thoughts you have to hide it. There's no other way or there goes your rights and chances of CTB. It's honestly a hard thing to keep it a secret but this forum helps.

• Love
Reactions: worthIess, Journeytoletgo, mesohappy and 2 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Severe depression is almost impossible to hide, so I gave up trying to hide it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jflowers, divinemistress36, BPD Barbie and 2 others
porfin1234

porfin1234

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
If I would change something about myself it would be the ability to just fake and not let any of my sadness and negativity come through. So tired of this knee jerk reaction to always express my emotions. I don't know why the hell I've usually been so negative. It's exhausting. And very isolating. No one wants to be around that.

• Hugs
Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, Journeytoletgo, takeyourshotfunboy and 1 other person
TheOA

TheOA

Student
Jan 5, 2020
^^^same as post above. In order to reach CTB and destroy my depression/suicidal thoughts you have to hide it. There's no other way or there goes your rights and chances of CTB. It's honestly a hard thing to keep it a secret but this forum helps.

Yes! This!

Reactions: Verklempt
helIboy

helIboy

everything hurts
Jan 10, 2020
In my case, it would be pretty hard to hide. I've been open about it for years

• Love
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Well my wife doesn't seem to care. Oddly enough she was going through sometime seriously depressed and I helped. However my depression has gotten so horrible the last few months she hasn't noticed. Doesn't even ask about anything with me. Only thing she notices is if I vomit or there is money in the account.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Tired_of_myself, Soulless_Angel and Verklempt
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Sometimes, I'll hide it, but not all the time

• Love
Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
The only reason I hide my depression is because I'm seriously suicidal and don't want to be stopped.

i used to not hide my depression but no one cared to ever ask how I feel. I dont remember the last time I've been asked how I've felt, the last time I received any words of encouragement at all.

Im an invisible ghost to the world, no one cares about me or even acknowledges my existence.

Amen

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I hide everything with crude humor so they think it's a joke most of the time, they get a laugh and I don't get unwanted attention and afterward I still expressed myself openly

• Hugs
Reactions: beaten96, takeyourshotfunboy and Verklempt
Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude

Dec 23, 2019
I try to, but most of the time I can't bother to put up a front because even that gets too overwhelming.

BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
I need to hide it most of the time, especially those who will call me a toxic negative person because of it, and ending the friendship

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fiadh, Verklempt and Schadenfreude
properchap

properchap

Jonathan
Dec 31, 2019
I totally hide my depression. I can pull off a normal outer persona. If I go out anywhere where I need to interact with people I prefer if I can to take cocaine.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Yep. I have told my mom that i've thought about suicide twice but she blew me off because she doesn't wan't to acknowledge my mental issues as she does with her own mental issues.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Verklempt
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I hide it, because anytime it bubbles to the surface it just gets ignored. So I may as well just internalise it all anyway.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, beaten96, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
As much as I can, yes, with most people. With my immediate family I'm honest about it.

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
I hide it, but sometimes it can become overwhelming. When it does, I just act as if I do not want to be bothered so people can leave me alone.

• Hugs
MrOptions

MrOptions

Let it go. This to shall pass.
Jan 6, 2020
Yes. You mask it the best you can when others rely on you financially and emotionally. It's been like that for me for decades. Depression and suicidal thoughts go hand in hand. Also, the actually mental strength and mind set you need to plan and execute CTB is absolutely daunting. I fully respect anyone that wants to CTB for whatever there reasons are. There is more to us than just a physical container.

Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, Verklempt and Wren
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Only two people know about it. Mother and a friend. Not counting doctors and psychiatrists.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
That's probably why they don't think of me as depressed haha. Does anyone else pretend it is a joke when it is actually very serious and not okay?
Same. Never hid my depression or suicidality (except from bosses lol) but I often tell about it in a very ambiguous manner, so you can't tell if I'm serious or not. It helps that they don't want to believe me in the slightest and already have some preconceptions about what kind of a person I am.

Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, DepressedAngel and Verklempt
D

daffo

Aug 25, 2019
when all started 10 years ago i hided my depression, i also had some minor suicidal thoughts but nothing serious. things getting worse year by year, now i plainly tell to other that i want to die, i usually jokes about "if a perfect pill that will lead you to death in 1 minute exist, i would take it instantly". people don't want to talk about this, even if you go to a friend and say "i want to kill me" the only reaction is fear, fear of responsability, fear that he/she will be forced to be there for me. there are some people to whom i always want to tell "i need you"; i think is the purest form of love and affection, knowing that you can tell a person "i need you" without the fear of scaring he/she away. never experienced that, so now on people from me will have only crude jokes about ending my life until i finally will do it.

• Hugs
RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
Yes, nobody has the slightest clue that i'm extremely depressed and very suicidal. I'm 100% successful at hiding it and somehow proud that they don't even notice. This forum has given me the opportunity to remain anonymous and vent as much as i want. I love this forum.

• Love
Reactions: H25pital Order, Manfrotto99, Tired_of_myself and 2 others