M

Molded foundation

Student
Sep 17, 2021
I'd like to hear what ritual (coping?) you do during your worst moments in a day/week/month. Whenever I get a horrible sadness spell wash over me, I like to lie on the floor and contract my abdominal muscles and try to purge the sadness with dying noises. I also try the trauma release exercises when it's not enough. Please share if you have one/multiple.

• Love
Reactions: akana and BitterlyAlive_
mystique

mystique

Jul 8, 2021
When it happens, I get agitated and feel like I need to move around (flounce). I try to contain the panic but I have found out that smashing objects helps a lot. I feel better after doing that :)

• Love
Reactions: akana and BitterlyAlive_
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
You know, I feel like my whole day is a ritual, like a tiny ritual expanded over time. My ritual patterns are scattered all over the place, I don't have structure, my room is a mess, my car is practically a survival shelter. I don't have any habits except addictions. Waking up, go to sleep - the time in between is all fuzzy. I watch something on netflix, then play, then watch some more, I eat and watch and really force myself to go to the bathroom. It's always a critical point when I go to the bathroom.

But I don't mind it. Ritualize me all the way. I like fuzzy numbness more than clear dispair.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TriggerHappy and BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I completely understand what you mean, if it's really really bad and I'm alone I also tend to sound like I'm dying. It's pathetic but I think 'maybe vocalizing the pain would help even a bit'. Ha. It doesn't for me, but…whatever. Trauma release, it sounds really good that you do that. Does it seem to help you at all? What sorts of things do you do?

MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
When it gets really bad, I end up cutting myself for relief. I don't encourage self harm though, it's just my way of coping. I also calm myself down by reading posts here, or posting in the counting/word game thread.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I try to sleep as much as possible. However I have nightmares, so there is no peace even in sleep. I wish I could never wake again. I try to distract myself from my thoughts but that mostly does not work, so I just sit there overthinking everything. Such a pointless empty existence.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Other than chanting "fml, fml" under my breath a bunch of times I don't really think so.