Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Does it lead to actual relationships or friendships?

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
No, I have never been able to meet people at bars.

I'm good at looking like I don't want to be bothered, but even when approached, even with the encouragement of others, I cannot connect.

In the past alcohol (especially in combo with other drugs) has helped me meet people online, spent time with a few IRL, no real lasting friendships. The kind of people I chat with while drunk tend to be people I'll only chat with while drunk, it's too hard to keep convos going while sober.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I used to before I got sick, and it did sometimes lead to at least something interesting happening. A quick make out, a number exchange, and yes, also hook ups/relationships in some instances.

At this point I have been in a relationship for 6 years and I drive for Uber on the side, so I'm picking people up from the bars instead. I talk to many awesome women that way too, but I don't act on anything.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I used to before I got sick, and it did sometimes lead to at least something interesting happening. A quick make out, a number exchange, and yes, also hook ups/relationships in some instances.

At this point I have been in a relationship for 6 years and I drive for Uber on the side, so I'm picking people up from the bars instead. I talk to many awesome women that way too, but I don't act on anything.
In your view, what makes them awesome?

Kurinoy

Kurinoy

I'm the rain. I'm the moonlight.
Apr 5, 2022
Just when I go out with friends and meet their friends there. I've approached people we didn't know but it's not common for me to do it.

Pianoplayer

Pianoplayer

Beer and music :)
Mar 28, 2021
Yes. Sometimes I go to a bar with friends. Its a good way of meeting new people. I find it if I like to talk with someone I ask for their number.
I dont like going on dates so meeting at a bar and start talking is a great way of getting to know eachother imo.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Is going to a bar alone to meet people seen as a bad thing?

Pianoplayer

Pianoplayer

Mar 28, 2021
Is going to a bar alone to meet people seen as a bad thing?
No not at all. I have met many people that does this. Also depends on what type of bar it is.
If you have the balls to try that out and talk to some strangers go for it :) When I am meeting new people I talk to them alone anyways.

Reactions: Marine and Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
No not at all. I have met many people that does this. Also depends on what type of bar it is.
If you have the balls to try that out and talk to some strangers go for it :) When I am meeting new people I talk to them alone anyways.
Would I smell like alcohol after having been at a bar but not drinking?

Pianoplayer

Pianoplayer

Mar 28, 2021
Would I smell like alcohol after having been at a bar but not drinking?
Only if someone spills on you I guess x)
I dont know what country you are from, but in my country people smoke at bars, so you smell like smoke even if you dont smoke.
But hey, it goes away when you wash your clothes

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I went to bars to drink and people watch. You can differentiate between the try-hards trying to hook up or impress a chick, the drunk girl with her girlfriends talking about problems at home, the couple who's been married for 12 years trying to find a spark in their life but failing, and the lonely person in the corner trying to get the urge to go on the dance floor or go home in disappointment. Mostly everyone in a bar has some shit going on in their life and most people that go into bars wear a facade to hide their real selves.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I only really go to bars with friends which makes it weird to make new friends there because usually at the bars I went to, no one is ever really alone so the only way to actually meet new people would be if two individuals ditch their friend groups for each other which seems kind of odd to me. The few times I've been to bars alone, I was only there to drown out my sorrows so I wasn't really in any position to meet anyone new and I tended to just chat with the bartenders or sulk in silence.

I don't really feel comfortable with approaching any stranger in a bar for any reason anyway so they'd probably have to come to me which is even less likely to happen.

Reactions: whatevs
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
In your view, what makes them awesome?
It depends what you're into I guess, and everyone's different. But I like women who are warm, vivacious, interesting, and good conversationalists. I meet people like that fairly often.

I don't stereotype people based on "oh they're in a bar". That doesn't make much sense to me. Doesn't everyone find themselves in one at some point or another? Unless it's really a lifestyle and you've got the dried up vodka-face going on I don't think it's much of an issue tbh.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Does it lead to actual relationships or friendships?

Going to gay bars always leads to very serious relationships - you might wanna consider switching teams.