B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Every time I see a video of someone being caught jumping from a building or stopped from jumping on the railways, I feel annoyed and embarrassed. It looks extremely humiliating.

Like, there's this video on Twitter, where a man caught a woman by the hair when she attempted to jump off a bridge. It looks extremely dehumanising. He's holding her like she's a toddler. And he's considered a hero for grabbing this lady by the hair, probably hurting her immensely, while she's just wiggling, trying to make him let go. All because he "saved her life".

Like yeah, if that was me, I would TOTALLY understand the value of human life after some guy grabbed me like a toy and all that was widely demonstrated in media. I totally wouldn't feel uncomfortable and embarrassed after a publicly disclosed suicide attempt. My life would absolutely get better after all that humiliation. What a nice lesson. And here I was, trying to ctb with my dignity.
To be honest? I am more curious why no one wants to save me? Why am I not worth saving? Why do I have no value to anyone? What's wrong with me? Why are people so comfortable with me CTBing. There was never love, care, or anything at all. Just hollowness. Just nothing really. Like go on then. Kill yourself. It's been honest and how I have been feeling. But the lack of it does really mess with your mind.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pluto and undecided
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
Every time I see a video of someone being caught jumping from a building or stopped from jumping on the railways, I feel annoyed and embarrassed. It looks extremely humiliating.

Like, there's this video on Twitter, where a man caught a woman by the hair when she attempted to jump off a bridge. It looks extremely dehumanising. He's holding her like she's a toddler. And he's considered a hero for grabbing this lady by the hair, probably hurting her immensely, while she's just wiggling, trying to make him let go. All because he "saved her life".

Like yeah, if that was me, I would TOTALLY understand the value of human life after some guy grabbed me like a toy and all that was widely demonstrated in media. I totally wouldn't feel uncomfortable and embarrassed after a publicly disclosed suicide attempt. My life would absolutely get better after all that humiliation. What a nice lesson. And here I was, trying to ctb with my dignity.
If they want to ctb, they should ensure they do it without any witnesses. It's human nature to try to save a life, and many have been grateful they were saved.

nattys5thtoenail

nattys5thtoenail

Oct 6, 2024
Yes but unfortunately we are organisms at the end of the day, we subconsciously value survival over anything and we believe that this is "good" for them. It just makes me even more angry seeing when cops do it so aggressively, yelling at the suicidal person or pulling them away violently and restraining them. I personally would avoid more conspicuous methods like bridge jumping for this reason.
Bystanders really cannot be expected to just stand by and watch somebody take their own life.

I think any anger about this should be directed towards the government, instead, for their resistance against providing medically-supported assisted dying services as well as their shortcomings in providing accessible treatments that people could try before seeking out this option.
Best answer in the entire discussion

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

Over emotional, can’t handle criticm
Nov 26, 2023
Depends. Someone restrained against their will to live hurts, but I can't blame them, it's how they have been taught to handle it. Someone talked out of suicide I'm fine with, it feels more consensual.

voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
for me. I will never encourage nor discourage. U do what u want. Its your life. Heck I am here. Although every fking day I think of speeding my car into a brick wall... and I regret deeply every day I do not. So I will never encourage. Nor discourage. What irks me is the... " life will get better" people ( popular forum member mentioned it has been rising on this site recently... but got silenced soon after.... then after BBC article on why this site is bad.... did we need a 'funeral' to see that this site was a 'cry' from what it was... ikyky) . GET FK'D. They promise times will get better. Lmao. I hate that. U, I , everyone doesn't know if what someone is facing will in fact do a 180. So don't promise them, "hey u can do this... life will improve... things will get better". These kind of people can get fisted up the anus. I hate false hope

TiredKitty

TiredKitty

I don't know why I try anymore
Feb 26, 2023
I mean strictly in a moral sense.

...is it fucked up to say that I don't think I would interfere if I saw someone attempting? Not out of lack of empathy, just more out of a "it's not my business", "they have the right to make this choice for themself", "I've been there / I wish I was brave enough to do it" feeling. I'd probably just leave the area as quickly as I can so it doesn't trigger any of my own urges :<

coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
kinda yeah but its also like a natural reaction for humans to try and save people in danger so idk