• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bigmanharsh

bigmanharsh

Living in a cosmic joke
Feb 5, 2024
I have had this aching feeling in my chest since I was a mere child. I've had this longing for someone to actually talk to me and tell me that everything will be ok. that I am not entirely a fuck up and That things will get better, If I got that I think I'd honestly stop wanting to ctb but that is but a fantasy in my head. I feel like I am living in an abyss my mind created by itself as a defense mechanism against all the abuse I've suffered but the loneliness is driving me to pure despair. I barely have any friends left, I am too "boring" of a person to entice people and have too much mental baggage for anyone to ever even give me a chance and on top of that I'm nothing special looks wise. guess I'm dying a loser kissless hugless virigin.

My personal theory is that people who're abused as kids (i.e. most of us) have just never felt "love" or have never felt unconiditional affection in our lives. When you are belittled and hurt by the same people who brought you into this world, I guess all of us adopt this mindset of "I must be a complete fuck up if even my own parents don't love me" It honestly is quite unfair.

What are your thoughts? Do you think you could ever find "love" or feel compassion from anyone ever again? Have you had any past experiences where you felt "true love" if so, how was it? i am genuinely curious. Thank you for reading :) (apologies for typos, it is not my native language)

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
yes🧸i've never been in a relationship, & i haven't had an actual friend since freshman year (im 21 now). i also have no real family.

ppl seem to like & gravitate towards me when i put on my persona, but our bonds never deepen. i've tried long & hard enough to feel confident in saying that there is no1 for me. there's no family to find or a 'My Person' to meet. it was infuriating for a time, but now im not sure how i ever expected anything else.

also, your English is v good<3 ur post's much better written than most native speakers.

Last edited:
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
My personal theory is that people who're abused as kids (i.e. most of us) have just never felt "love" or have never felt unconiditional affection in our lives.
I enjoy parental love, but it's still not enough, or beside the point, so eh. A lack of parental care would lead to a broken psyche, but if you can overcome it, you're probably good to go?

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Its funny cause someone gave me a hug on my last birthday and i was totally shocked.

When i saw their arms come towards me i was getting ready to start swinging, i thought we were fighting.

Nah just a hug, never been hugged off anyone so i didn't know what was happening, i was like why the fuck are you coming at me lol

I don't know why i got hugged, i don't get the importance of a birthday anyways

wagner2029

wagner2029

Experienced
Jun 25, 2023
Someone told me that I can't allow someone to like me before I like myself.
More important than what they did to you is what you will do with what they did to you.
my mother didn't hug me, my father never taught me anything, it was as if we were strangers living in the same house, my cousin says I'm a survivor, I don't know if it would make a difference in my life to get involved with someone, but I don't think so.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
I have had this aching feeling in my chest since I was a mere child. I've had this longing for someone to actually talk to me and tell me that everything will be ok. that I am not entirely a fuck up and That things will get better, If I got that I think I'd honestly stop wanting to ctb but that is but a fantasy in my head. I feel like I am living in an abyss my mind created by itself as a defense mechanism against all the abuse I've suffered but the loneliness is driving me to pure despair. I barely have any friends left, I am too "boring" of a person to entice people and have too much mental baggage for anyone to ever even give me a chance and on top of that I'm nothing special looks wise. guess I'm dying a loser kissless hugless virigin.

My personal theory is that people who're abused as kids (i.e. most of us) have just never felt "love" or have never felt unconiditional affection in our lives. When you are belittled and hurt by the same people who brought you into this world, I guess all of us adopt this mindset of "I must be a complete fuck up if even my own parents don't love me" It honestly is quite unfair.

What are your thoughts? Do you think you could ever find "love" or feel compassion from anyone ever again? Have you had any past experiences where you felt "true love" if so, how was it? i am genuinely curious. Thank you for reading :) (apologies for typos, it is not my native language)
To be honest I am not sure I would know what to do if people actually loved me. I feel like the universe was wrong when I got into medical school and it course corrected when everything happened. I think I am fucking terrible person and everyone knows it that's why I can't get help... Universe going he made it where? Fuck that guy got to fix this.

aWeeBitTired

aWeeBitTired

I don't know anything.
Feb 25, 2024
Love always feels odd for me. I'm an apostate to my childhood religion and since I left I've had to redefine what true love means for me and it's been hard. Ever since my last breakup I get into delusional monologues that no one could ever love me again... it's an awful feeling knowing almost deep to you core you'll be forever aching.

I relate to a lot of y'all. Thanks for sharing.

A

Aloneandinpain

Dec 25, 2023

I was loved by my mother for the most part, yet I'm still completely socially awkward and beyond a failure in terms of romantic relationships.

My "nobody could love me" instinct simply comes from rejection from teenage years and beyond for the most part, it doesn't really relate to my childhood or family.

bigmanharsh

bigmanharsh

Living in a cosmic joke
Feb 5, 2024
Thank you all for your replies!, They have given be a bit more insight into my own feelings :D

yes🧸i've never been in a relationship, & i haven't had an actual friend since freshman year (im 21 now). i also have no real family.

ppl seem to like & gravitate towards me when i put on my persona, but our bonds never deepen. i've tried long & hard enough to feel confident in saying that there is no1 for me. there's no family to find or a 'My Person' to meet. it was infuriating for a time, but now im not sure how i ever expected anything else.

also, your English is v good<3 ur post's much better written than most native speakers.
I can relate to that, Putting on a persona seems like the obvious answer but in my experience (and yours too) it will almost always remain surface level. You can try to change yourself to allign yourself with this horrible world and its people but itll be disingenious and you will get back to where you started. Real connections with people is something I have exeprienced only with a few people. I guess i have survived this long without being loved, whats a few more years. (thank you for the compliment :D)

I enjoy parental love, but it's still not enough, or beside the point, so eh. A lack of parental care would lead to a broken psyche, but if you can overcome it, you're probably good to go?

How do you overcome it though? I'm too broke and don't think stuff like just talking about my feelings is going to fix such a deep rooted issue that has plagued my entire life. Your statement about parental love not being enough really intrigues me, I guess i am even further down in the dumps than I imagined lol.

Its funny cause someone gave me a hug on my last birthday and i was totally shocked.

When i saw their arms come towards me i was getting ready to start swinging, i thought we were fighting.

Nah just a hug, never been hugged off anyone so i didn't know what was happening, i was like why the fuck are you coming at me lol

I don't know why i got hugged, i don't get the importance of a birthday anyways

Ah I would be quite shocked as well. I guess It was a gesture to show some sort of compassion they had towards you. I don't remember the last time I have been hugged or had any form of affection given to me. Just shows how shitty life has been to us ig, That other who offered to hug seems like a nice friend though.

Someone told me that I can't allow someone to like me before I like myself.
More important than what they did to you is what you will do with what they did to you.
my mother didn't hug me, my father never taught me anything, it was as if we were strangers living in the same house, my cousin says I'm a survivor, I don't know if it would make a difference in my life to get involved with someone, but I don't think so.

I have heard that same piece of advice from many people, that you must "love yourself before anyone else can love you" from multiple self help books I tried out when I still had hope left, But when the hate is so deeply ingrained into my brain, I don't have any inkling of how to fix it. I agree with the fact that your intrepretation also plays a large role in how those things affect you, too bad for me my child brain already intrepreted it as me being unloveable, things kept on happening in my life that kept validating that belief and well I'm here now.

You most definetly are a survivor. Neglect in itself is a form of abuse and while you weren't outwardly just hurt or abused, we aren't playing the trauma olympics here lol. You were not given any form of love as a kid (like most of us) and I guess that is why you can't even imagine yourself being romantically involved with another person. If you can, I think you should try it out. I think my longing for a partner stems from a longing to have meaning and trying to get vicariously through other means like a romantic partner. It might help show you another aspect of life you haven't experienced yet. Althought in this shithole of a world, actually good people who are worth spending your life with are few and far between.

To be honest I am not sure I would know what to do if people actually loved me. I feel like the universe was wrong when I got into medical school and it course corrected when everything happened. I think I am fucking terrible person and everyone knows it that's why I can't get help... Universe going he made it where? Fuck that guy got to fix this.

It is an uphill battle that we are fighting. We want to feel love but we do not even know what love is. It is kinda morbidly funny in a way. I don't think you should demean yourself like that though, A lot of the times we get stuck in our heads, what I did was acknowledge i cant change anything except myself and just try to work on myself and my self image, while it's not miles better than before, at least my will to die has lessened a bit. The world is a horrible place and if you base your opinion on what it gives you back, You will feel even more miserable. I wish you the best of luck my friend! I hope medical school works out for you, It is a very noble cause. :)

Love always feels odd for me. I'm an apostate to my childhood religion and since I left I've had to redefine what true love means for me and it's been hard. Ever since my last breakup I get into delusional monologues that no one could ever love me again... it's an awful feeling knowing almost deep to you core you'll be forever aching.

I relate to a lot of y'all. Thanks for sharing.

Ah, I can understand that. Breakups for someone in our conundrum must be much worse. It is something you have to make peace with but It hurts so much. Seeing people happy in relationships and having good relationships with their parents, whether that be in real life or in media is so infuriating. Why couldn't it be me? Why was I born this way? Why didn't I ever get love?, etc etc. The only things I see feasible is trying to find fulfillness in other ways in life or just... giving up. It is something most of society doesn't have to deal with it and Something that is very hard to even comprehend. Please try to stay out of your own head and if possible try working more on yourself and your self image.

I was loved by my mother for the most part, yet I'm still completely socially awkward and beyond a failure in terms of romantic relationships.

My "nobody could love me" instinct simply comes from rejection from teenage years and beyond for the most part, it doesn't really relate to my childhood or family.

Hm, That's an interesting thing you've brought up. People can also get this mindset from things other than the absence of parental love. I was too much of a pussy to even try to ask anyone yet, so you're braver than me lol. Not to undermine your own issues or anything, but I think you could try and push past it if you can summon the motivation to work relentlessly on your own self (which is a hard task ik, even after countless attempts to try small normie self improvement advice i still fuck up) you could find love. I find my self hatred is so rooted in my psyche there's no way i can fix it. but you have gotten your mindset through reactions of other possible partners or friends, the outer world. It can be fixed although it is a very uphill battle.

Thank you all for responding once again, I am a bit of a newbie to this forum but it feels so refreshing to talk about feelings I've had to keep buried for so long, may we all find peace in one way or another.

A

Aloneandinpain

Dec 25, 2023
mindset from things other than the absence of parental love. I was too much of a pussy to even try to ask anyone yet, so you're braver than me lol. Not to undermine your own issues or anything, but I think you could try and push past it if you can summon the motivation to work relentlessly on your own self (which is a hard task ik, even after countless attempts to try small normie self improvement advice i still fuck up) you could find love. I find my self hatred is so rooted in my psyche there's no way i can fix it. but you have gotten your mindset through reactions of other possible partners or friends, the outer world. It can be fixed although it is a very
I was too scared to approach women in the past, still am for the most part really. It's honestly the hardest and most soul destroying thing I've ever tried to do. At this point I'm absolutely certain there must be hundreds of suicides caused by dating apps, I'm quite mentally stable but they've definitely caused me some lasting damage.

Funny how sites like this get attacked, yet there's not so much as the slightest health warning displayed if you're male and download a dating app.

aWeeBitTired

aWeeBitTired

I don't know anything.
Feb 25, 2024
Ah, I can understand that. Breakups for someone in our conundrum must be much worse. It is something you have to make peace with but It hurts so much. Seeing people happy in relationships and having good relationships with their parents, whether that be in real life or in media is so infuriating. Why couldn't it be me? Why was I born this way? Why didn't I ever get love?, etc etc. The only things I see feasible is trying to find fulfillness in other ways in life or just... giving up. It is something most of society doesn't have to deal with it and Something that is very hard to even comprehend. Please try to stay out of your own head and if possible try working more on yourself and your self image.
I appreciate the reply and reading your replies to others has been really refreshing. I think you articulate quite clearly what many of us feel while adding a lot.

Finding that fullness my life is a goal of mine, sometimes I wonder if the search itself even has an end. The whole "the journey was the true destination" archetype comes to mind. Who knows, maybe I'll find it.

I'm fairly new to the forum myself and I think you're posts have been great. Again thanks ❤️

bigmanharsh

bigmanharsh

Living in a cosmic joke
Feb 5, 2024
I appreciate the reply and reading your replies to others has been really refreshing. I think you articulate quite clearly what many of us feel while adding a lot.

Finding that fullness my life is a goal of mine, sometimes I wonder if the search itself even has an end. The whole "the journey was the true destination" archetype comes to mind. Who knows, maybe I'll find it.

I'm fairly new to the forum myself and I think you're posts have been great. Again thanks ❤️
Thank you! it means a lot, and this site provides me a place to just dump whatever thoughts i have conjured up over years of overthinking. I believe that finding true "meaning" is a fruitless conquest. "Meaning" in your life is something that is everchanging in phases of your lives. But that is just what I think, I might be (and probably am) wrong. (P.S.- love that monster pfp! grimmer was my favourite character)

L

lostmind38

Mar 1, 2024
I've had someone in my life who truly loved me but I felt unworthy of their love. I fell ashamed and guilty about some past experiences and just couldn't accept/believe that someone might love the damaged person I am. So, I just ended up pushing them away as I was convinced that one day they will see the real me and would leave me.

Reactions: seekingrelease22
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I certainly feel that way and nobody is dumb enough to try to prove me wrong.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Yes, 200%. So why carry on?

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Very, I'm just not capable of being loved, even if someone for some reason did love me I don't think my body would accept it out of instinct. Used to care about it but at this point it doesn't really affect me though, so that's good at least.

• Hugs
Reactions: bigmanharsh
fleshgarden

fleshgarden

Mar 15, 2023
yes .. even though I have a girlfriend, I've had a lot of partners really. I know she probably actually loves me. it's just difficult to grasp even though we've been dating for over a year now. I just wish my family loved me, or my friends loved me, I feel like no one else can love me and I hate that people pretend to care about me even though I can see through that shit. I can't maintain any friendships because of my fear that I'm unloveable. I've pushed a lot of people away. It's even more difficult because I love and care about so many people. I can't express it and I wish I could. I just wish people loved me too. my friends used to praise me and love being around me, maybe when I was way younger, but still. now it just feels so inauthentic.. I feel like such a failure.

• Love
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Yeah, and I don't think I have the capacity to love others either since I spent so long being hated that my mind doesn't know what the concept of love is emotionally. Haven't had a hug since I was like, 6 years old and just generally was never treated that well by people. Best I got was the standard polite etiquette but nothing beyond that. Usually just ignored or harassed. If someone did I'd have no idea what to do, I'd probably think they're jesting. There's too much I'd have to put into a relationship that I don't have and very little I'd get out of one anyway. I've accepted my ostracism.

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
I'm a failure and most of it depends on my extreme bad luck(a stupid injury caught me during youth and I was not able to fix it in time, plus other bad events, the place i live in, family matters, bad friends) , even if someone would have loved me, i would not care at all. Also, as for now, i eat like a pig and almost do nothing all day.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
cryone

cryone

Student
Nov 23, 2023
pretty sure yeah, don't think I can find love. def think its v challenging for ppl with childhood trauma to find a healthy relationship. i still think i can experience compassion from someone, but it'd be shallow n for all the wrong reasons. they'd be attracted to only superficial aspects such as looks or my facade of "kindness." nobody has loved the way i think, so tbh nobody has truly loved me. of course, i have v unique ideals n values, so i accept my chances of finding such a person are next to impossible.

celestialsloth

celestialsloth

Mar 4, 2024
Yeah. And i think most people here who believe they are, are on some level incorrect. In my opinion being a victim of something doesn't make you unlovable. Being hard to love doesn't make you unlovable. Not making as much progress as you "should" doesn't make you unlovable. Nor does never being shown love. Although i do understand how they feel like they do, and have believed them all, I don't think that's what makes a person unlovable. I think the only unlovable people are people who do despicable things. I've done awful, awful things throughout my life and it's only recently struck me how much hurt and nastiness I've brought into the world. I've done good too, but no amount of kind gestures or altruism can counteract what I've done. Funny enough there are a lot of people who do love me, but without knowing what i've done they're just loving a fascimile of me. If i were to tell the people in my life every transgression i've made, i think no one would ever speak to me again. And they would be right not to. I'm not just a flawed person who's made mistakes or who's suffering, I am an actual walking monster.

• Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I have had close friendships and love from friends and family- not romantic love though. Most of them have all gone now though. People have died or moved away or, I've moved away. I don't have much faith in friendship or relationships now because I fear how painful it is to lose people.

To be honest- it doesn't comfort me all that much when people tell me: 'It will be ok.' For me- that feels like one of those platitudes to just calm you down and stop you complaining. Ultimately though, I know things will only be ok if I put in enormous amounts of effort to make them ok! Plus, a bit of luck on top of that. Neither of those things they have anything to do with. So, rather cynically, I don't tend to like the whole: 'It will be ok.'

• Hugs
never.more

never.more

ecclesiastes 4:2-3
Feb 16, 2023
i've been in two really good relationships but i broke them both off ,, i keep sabotaging myself and i know it's on me but this loneliness is getting unbearable ,,, feeling down tonight ig

• Hugs
B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
It is an uphill battle that we are fighting. We want to feel love but we do not even know what love is. It is kinda morbidly funny in a way. I don't think you should demean yourself like that though, A lot of the times we get stuck in our heads, what I did was acknowledge i cant change anything except myself and just try to work on myself and my self image, while it's not miles better than before, at least my will to die has lessened a bit. The world is a horrible place and if you base your opinion on what it gives you back, You will feel even more miserable. I wish you the best of luck my friend! I hope medical school works out for you, It is a very noble cause. :)
Yeah it is an uphill battle. You are probably right I don't know what love is. It's hard when the mental pain of life overwhelms it. When even happiness becomes hard to find. Or even worse you forget what happiness feels like. I had a photo taken almost 5 years ago where I am smiling ear to ear. I wouldn't have given it a second thought but I showed someone photos I had taken and it got mixed in. Someone pointed it out to me how they were happy to see me like that. That person seems foreign to me now. I don't smile like that anymore or really at all. You are right I am in my own head a lot. Hard not to be.

• Love