strawberrygirl

strawberrygirl

Jan 12, 2020
... and do you have anyone whom you can ask this question to without it becoming an issue of 'Why are you not treasuring this gift from your parents?', 'You are going to hurt your mom so much...' ?

• Hugs
Reactions: WhyIsLife56
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
I posted a whole entire thread about this. What you're describing is called antinatalism ❤️.
As for your question, I do resent being born. I resented since I was little. Every time I ask my mom why she had me, she just thinks I'm crazy. At one point she even mentioned that she thought babies were cute which is why she had me in the first place.
I never told anyone about it though since I know no one's going to understand any of my feelings.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/life-and-existence-is-a-burden.28227/

Reactions: Élégie, TheOA, Null84 and 4 others
strawberrygirl

strawberrygirl

Jan 12, 2020
I posted a whole entire thread about this. What you're describing is called antinatalism ❤.
As for your question, I do resent being born. I resented since I was little. Every time I ask my mom why she had me, she just thinks I'm crazy. At one point she even mentioned that she thought babies were cute which is why she had me in the first place.
I never told anyone about it though since I know no one's going to understand any of my feelings.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/life-and-existence-is-a-burden.28227/
Thank you for the reply ❤️ I hope i'm not repeating threads.. i am pretty new to all this. I only found out and started reading about antinatalism a few days ago and I am very intrigued that what i read, I agreed so much with.

I had this conversation with my mom, asking her was I an accident since I am 9 years younger than my sister. She brushed it off and saying children are a blessing and i should appreciate life.. A family needs kids to be a happy, joyous place. I disagree so much but was to say not more because it will only cause hurt.

This made me so afraid of having sex even though i have birth control.. I don't want the same thing happening..

• Love
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Thank you for the reply ❤ I hope i'm not repeating threads.. i am pretty new to all this. I only found out and started reading about antinatalism a few days ago and I am very intrigued that what i read, I agreed so much with.

I had this conversation with my mom, asking her was I an accident since I am 9 years younger than my sister. She brushed it off and saying children are a blessing and i should appreciate life.. A family needs kids to be a happy, joyous place. I disagree so much but was to say not more because it will only cause hurt.

This made me so afraid of having sex even though i have birth control.. I don't want the same thing happening..
It's ok. I'm glad that there are more people being aware of this even if they don't the know the term antinatalism. It's still progress :) My thread post is more of a resources and information on antinatalism/efilism so I'm trying to share it as much as I can. :)

While you're at it, read up on efilism too. You can read about it on my thread that I posted as well. ❤
I don't think our parents will ever understand our feelings about this. Even if they do, it's pretty rare.
Welcome to antinatalism ❤

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: strawberrygirl
strawberrygirl

strawberrygirl

Jan 12, 2020
It's ok. I'm glad that there are more people being aware of this even if they don't the know the term antinatalism. It's still progress :) My thread post is more of a resources and information on antinatalism/efilism so I'm trying to share it as much as I can. :)

While you're at it, read up on efilism too. You can read about it on my thread that I posted as well. ❤
I don't think our parents will ever understand our feelings about this. Even if they do, it's pretty rare.
Welcome to antinatalism ❤
Thank you, thank you ❤️❤️ Sending much love to you. Im sure it's tough but i hope your day is going alright...

• Love
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I don't, actually. I don't resent being born. I don't hate life. But I don't think it's some treasured gift, either. It just... is. I'm here, and I've had some good times, and now I'm having a lot of very bad ones.

I don't know if I have anyone I can ask this question to, because I don't really talk about things like this to people.

TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I feel some sort of resentment for being born... My father forced my mother and then when I was 6 he left... I feel resentment towards him I blame him for me being here in this world and for how life was all because of his abuse and him leaving and my mother not being able to cope....

• Hugs
Reactions: strawberrygirl and Flume
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life is a burden and a turmoil. Even at the best scenarios, time moves and kills one while one need to fulfill your needs all the time.
Moreover, its filled with countless problems that one faces and no matter how much you solve, more problems comes and some actually are unsolvable or hard to. One keep facing pr until death, life gives no value to the single consciousness and its already wasted countless lives of humans and any live being. One's life is just a part of species programming and kind of genetic algorithmic progression, why would one live and suffer for such thing? Why would one suffer from diseases for example so that others doesn't have this kind of disease?

Of course one can resent being born specially if the circumstances are bad or if the bad programming is glitches and one see the reality.

Even the good moments and hobbies/activities are limited and one can resent life for not being able to experience them again or not being able to rewind time (nostalgia for example).

Life is kind of disease and humanity continued based on lies, excessive oppression (like religion) and using other lives as a tool for their studies. For many, they can't realize this and they are filled with illusions not to mention how lifespan is actually short for many people to realize something. If someone realizes the harsh part of life and break the programming and illusions, they'll resent being born

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: strawberrygirl, jrums and Nnana
strawberrygirl

strawberrygirl

Jan 12, 2020
I don't, actually. I don't resent being born. I don't hate life. But I don't think it's some treasured gift, either. It just... is. I'm here, and I've had some good times, and now I'm having a lot of very bad ones.

I don't know if I have anyone I can ask this question to, because I don't really talk about things like this to people.
That's an interesting viewpoint.. sometimes i do feel like you.. we're just here.. no matter what we think. Living is just living...
I feel some sort of resentment for being born... My father forced my mother and then when I was 6 he left... I feel resentment towards him I blame him for me being here in this world and for how life was all because of his abuse and him leaving and my mother not being able to cope....
That's awful. i hope you're at a better state now being grown up and comprehending all of that. How is your mom now?
Life is a burden and a turmoil. Even at the best scenarios, time moves and kills one while one need to fulfill your needs all the time.
Moreover, its filled with countless problems that one faces and no matter how much you solve, more problems comes and some actually are unsolvable or hard to. One keep facing pr until death, life gives no value to the single consciousness and its already wasted countless lives of humans and any live being. One's life is just a part of species programming and kind of genetic algorithmic progression, why would one live and suffer for such thing? Why would one suffer from diseases for example so that others doesn't have this kind of disease?

Of course one can resent being born specially if the circumstances are bad or if the bad programming is glitches and one see the reality.

Even the good moments and hobbies/activities are limited and one can resent life for not being able to experience them again or not being able to rewind time (nostalgia for example).

Life is kind of disease and humanity continued based on lies, excessive oppression (like religion) and using other lives as a tool for their studies. For many, they can't realize this and they are filled with illusions not to mention how lifespan is actually short for many people to realize something. If someone realizes the harsh part of life and break the programming and illusions, they'll resent being born
Indeed no matter how best a scenario.. it can't outweigh the worst of the worst..

Last edited:
Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge

Scars Beneath the Skin
Jan 5, 2020
ABSOLUTELY!!!

I have always cursed that I was born. Born to suffer. Never asking if I wanted to be here...to even exist, if it was all only to suffer.
12741960 1645762449018358 6609605638785960250 n

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, TheOA, strawberrygirl and 2 others
L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
Lots of it. I wish I was never born.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, strawberrygirl and WhyIsLife56
Naysha

Naysha

Antinatalist+Goth
Jan 13, 2020
Yes. It's always better to not be born.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and strawberrygirl
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Nope.

I have seen some great bands, listened to some great music, done some great drugs, drank some great beers. Sampled love, saw a grandchild delivered into this world. Seen great theatre, watched great sporting events. Walked some of the most breathtaking countryside and coastlines this country has to offer. Driven from one end of the country and back again on some amazing roads. Shared it all with people I am glad I shared it all with, even the few who were not pleasant along the way. Even when it got dark, I found this place. I found out who my real friends were and who the false ones were.

No, being born was never the problem, never will be. Living with pain, suffering the torment of mental ill health, having a tiny little organism fuck my life up for me, thats what I resent.

Reactions: Razor's Edge, k75 and strawberrygirl
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Yes. I look back on my excuse for a life and think: What else could it have been anyway? Born to sewers like a rat, born to insanity.

• Hugs
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
I wish I was never born. I barely survived in a violent home. I had no role models that would have taught me to make better decisions, how to deal with problems, what was acceptable or not. Life is hard if we have no compass guiding our way. My life never mattered.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, TheOA and strawberrygirl
strawberrygirl

strawberrygirl

Jan 12, 2020
Nope.

I have seen some great bands, listened to some great music, done some great drugs, drank some great beers. Sampled love, saw a grandchild delivered into this world. Seen great theatre, watched great sporting events. Walked some of the most breathtaking countryside and coastlines this country has to offer. Driven from one end of the country and back again on some amazing roads. Shared it all with people I am glad I shared it all with, even the few who were not pleasant along the way. Even when it got dark, I found this place. I found out who my real friends were and who the false ones were.

No, being born was never the problem, never will be. Living with pain, suffering the torment of mental ill health, having a tiny little organism fuck my life up for me, thats what I resent.
I would love to do some great drugs.. but everything is illegal here..
I wish I was never born. I barely survived in a violent home. I had no role models that would have taught me to make better decisions, how to deal with problems, what was acceptable or not. Life is hard if we have no compass guiding our way. My life never mattered.

I hope being among like-minded people in SE makes things even a little bit better..

Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge

Scars Beneath the Skin
Jan 5, 2020
Nope.

You seem to have had a wonderfully amazing life story.

I feel your pain about having mental illness fuck up your life though.
I suffer from PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Depression, etc.
This is one of the many reasons I have for CTB. I just want to escape myself...this madness which is me.
Mirror image dichotomous mind

• Hugs
Reactions: SinisterKid and strawberrygirl
Hiervsg

Hiervsg

Jan 14, 2020
I feel like that all the time. Luckily I can talk about that with a couple of friends and they don't think I'm insane even though they won't agree with me.

• Love
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
Yes i certainly do.
No, i can't talk to anyone about it expect here.

Reactions: TheOA and strawberrygirl
TheOA

TheOA

Student
Jan 5, 2020
I didn't need to be born.

I also am not a fan of babies though.

So...yea.

Reactions: Skathon