R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I don't really feel guilty over those I'll be leaving behind. I mean I'm not completely indifferent and I'm not in a vengeance, let them feel the pain, mind set either. It is what it is, things have played out the way they were meant to be (hopefully) and i don't wish them to suffer over it though i know it sure would suck to be them but guilt? No, i don't feel guilty for deciding to catch that bus. Except this one person, God! So much guilt that I haven't had the courage to look them in the eye lately....anyways do you feel guilt over leaving anyone behind? Or are you in a f*ck 'em kinda state?

• Hugs
Reactions: kneegrow_voids, Forever Sleep, heavyeyes and 6 others
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
Nah. Im just concentrating on blissful non-existence. They'll inherit a good deal of cash to set them up.

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1 and rozeske
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
My dog. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I don't have any space left. Everything else is too overwhelming.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1, wljourney and 2 others
LowLevelChimp

LowLevelChimp

Just your average pos
Jul 18, 2022
I would feel guilty about my wife and dog, though they will be so much better off when the time comes, I have a problem that could affect my mobility in the long term so I have limited time to make a decision on a time. I stopped all my medication so I'm clear in my mind and can put measures in place.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1, Ash and 1 other person
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
No and Yes
No..... there are some that I want my actions to cause chaos, grief, despair.... current/past work colleagues, former spouse, current spouse, some relatives, etc
Yes......then there are others that I feel immense guilt about how this would make them feel.....my parents and a few friends

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1, Ash and 1 other person
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Yes. This is my main thing holding me back. I don't want to hurt my partner like that. I could care less about my family and friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1, abchia and 2 others
R

random_user

It's impossible to lose it all and still be alive
Jun 17, 2022
For me personally the guilt is the main thing holding me back. I know that it will hurt a lot of people and 99% of them don't deserve it.

• Hugs
Reactions: wCvML2, heavyeyes, Whatever♡ and 5 others
T

tankapi

May 19, 2024
I feel overwhelmingly guilty.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1, random_user and 3 others
Com4tablyNumb.

Com4tablyNumb.

Mar 9, 2024
Very mixed emotions, the adults will understand hopefully, my grandchildren will in time I hope. I have discussed my time to ctb with close family which has helped for me. Our reasons all differ , for me my illness will dictate but I will try to make those I leave behind understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1, rozeske and 1 other person
lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
For me there will always be sone kind of guilt. There are still people out there who helped me or who tried to help, people I consider as friends. But they can't change my life to the better or my mind to the better.

Maybe if they would live your life or live one day out of our miserable view they would understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1, Ash and 3 others
T

ToMoveOn

Jun 16, 2024
I don't want to hurt the people who care about me after I go, so yeah, I feel a ton of guilt.

• Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, heavyeyes, deadalready1 and 2 others
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
My dog and my sister.

However my dog is now 18 and quite sick. He has dementia and today I made the decision to let him go this week.
He has had a long and happy life, but the last 2 years have been rough and he has more bad than good days (like me).

So, once he goes, I'll go.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, heavyeyes, deadalready1 and 2 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
No, nobody's left but my stepmother

• Love
Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
yes I do. I could never ctb if i was in a relationship or had children. i dont think it's fair to either of them personally.

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, deadalready1, rozeske and 1 other person
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
Not at all. I really don't care how my relatives or anyone feels.

• Love
V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
yes, i will feel guilty for leaving mom to suffer alone

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, rozeske and deadalready1
T

Traveller12724

Student
May 14, 2024
I thought I didn't for the most part, but then I see friends and I am like "oh shit this will affect them because it will be out of the blue", but they have families and other friends, they will move on in time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, heavyeyes, wljourney and 1 other person
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
my cat, mostly. my little sister too. we don't talk anymore, but her life is already so hard. I'm scared to talk to her now, and get close with her again, then scar her when I leave. it's why I'm honestly kind of scared to visit my family when I go home to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, heavyeyes and rozeske
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
It depends on the day honestly. I know in my heart my death will be especially painful for my father. I'm scared of what will happen to him. I don't want him to suffer. All I can do is hope my brother will step up to be there for him when the time comes

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes. So much so that I want to wait for my Dad to go first. Beyond that though- it's still not a nice feeling but, I feel like I will be able to put my own needs first at that point. Very few people are around in my life now. Hopefully, that separation would make it easier.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske
madoka

madoka

even angels get sad
Mar 12, 2023
my cats, it makes me cry so much
theyre like my babies, i love them so much

• Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09 and rozeske