DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Digging deeper just to throw it away.
Mar 14, 2024
Do you feel isolated on the forums because you don't seem to have anything in common with the rest except for the obvious general feelings of mental anguish from clinical depression, anxiety, suidiality, etc??? Just don't relate to most people here so you are kind of stuck on the sidelines so to speak?? Completely different circumstances/situation than most?? No "real" common ground??
I do. :/

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tarrasque, bed, Arachno and 22 others
L

lizzywizzy09

Arcanist
May 11, 2024
Absolutely. Having a chronic illness and being 30+ puts me there by default.

I don't know, sometimes I feel like most have a chance for recovery but I don't. It's lonely.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tarrasque, bed, hawkshorizon and 11 others
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Dec 3, 2023
I do to some degree. I find the video games I talk about aren't too well known. My main hobby is also a gigantic niche in general, I doubt anyone here would be involved in it (I'd be delighted if they did, I love to ramble about my interests).

That said I've corresponded with lots of people here that I do like, and can relate to. I wish I could speak to more but even online I'm super anxious and I always worry if I've offended or upset people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tarrasque, esalucolom-wojaqter, lizzywizzy09 and 4 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Well at my age, except for everyone here, as most are younger to a lot younger than me in the general world I am a live where so many of those that I graduated high school with are gone now, so alienated in life outside of SaSu, yes, here thou I find that I am part of something much bigger than me and also having a global family is so refreshing.

I send EVERYONE here hugs and lots of well wishes.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Tarrasque, annointed_towers and 15 others
banger12

banger12

Aug 1, 2024
I feel alienated and isolated here but for separate reasons. It does help that the people here are seemingly kind and thus far have shown a lot of hospitality. But I understand what you mean and how you feel. At the same time I think people like you and me are who the forum is here to support. Best wishes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, Arachno, lizzywizzy09 and 6 others
cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, often missing word
Apr 8, 2024
It doesn't matter how fringe the group is I go to I always feel like an alien freak. Even in the psych ward I felt this way

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Tarrasque, lizzywizzy09 and 10 others
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Digging deeper just to throw it away.
Mar 14, 2024
It doesn't matter how fringe the group is I go to I always feel like an alien freak. Even in the psych ward I felt this way
Oh I was definitely the one that "didn't belong" where I was at, both as a child and an adult. But I think that was a good thing...🙄
It's gross to have had these experiences🤢

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, lizzywizzy09, CTB Dream and 1 other person
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024

I don't know, sometimes I feel like most have a chance for recovery but I don't. It's lonely.
Yep. All of the above.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, lizzywizzy09, CTB Dream and 2 others
T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
To some extent yes. There are often posts I can relate to. However, many find my situation unusual so get (wrongly) told I shouldn't have free choice to ctb, that I could be helped, that I'm more unwell /mentally unstable than others on here etc. Which doesn't make sense to me as just want to ctb to end suffering and because i hate life, like many on here .

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Tarrasque, lizzywizzy09 and 4 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I don't relate to a lot of people on here since a lot of other users have had pretty shitty life circumstances and suffer from mental illness and neither of those things apply to me. My life has been good and I don't have any mental illnesses, nor have I ever been mentally ill before.

My biggest reason for wanting to die originally was due to my self-hatred, not because of anything out of my control. Looking back, the hatred was (and still is) justified since I kind of suck and I have hurt a lot of people before, going as far back as elementary school. I still don't like myself, but it's not the main reason why I want to die anymore. As of now, my reason is just a lack of desire to live a long life. I'd prefer to die early rather than later.

Anyway, because of these differences I do end up feeling kind of alienated.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, lizzywizzy09, timetodie24 and 4 others
tsykoais

tsykoais

i can't drown my demons they know how to swim
Apr 9, 2023
yeah, i mean i see a lot of people reject all positives that come with living and existing in general. i think there are a lot of good things that come with living but i'm suicidal because the bad outweighs the good in my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, Arachno, lizzywizzy09 and 5 others
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
Yes, without a doubt.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, Arachno, lizzywizzy09 and 4 others
banger12

banger12

Aug 1, 2024
yeah, i mean i see a lot of people reject all positives that come with living and existing in general. i think there are a lot of good things that come with living but i'm suicidal because the bad outweighs the good in my life.
I definitely agree with this perspective expressed here. Not to invalidate how those people feel, but to me CTB is more a result of a mental calculus I've done or hedging my bets than anything. There's stuff I enjoy about life and if it weren't for certain mental illnesses that make it hard to be happy and some recent bad turns life has taken I might not be in this position. So as much as I respect them it is hard to relate or fit in with individuals who have more difficulty finding any good.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, Arachno, lizzywizzy09 and 4 others
Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I think I do relate to at least SOME people here, usually they're 19-23

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, whywere, CatLvr and 1 other person
Chili

Chili

Sep 27, 2023
I've got pretty niche interests in general, but most people on here are nice. You can get along with anyone regardless if they've got similar interests online, I feel

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, Arachno, lizzywizzy09 and 2 others
hawkshorizon

hawkshorizon

Aug 23, 2023

I relate in terms of age. Reach out if you'd like to try and chat.

• Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09 and whywere
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I agree with a lot things some people post on here . I agree much less with the normies and prolifers IRL and on the Internet

However I haven't seen anyone post some things that I believe about the fundamentals of reality like what am I what is a human, what is life , what is the universe etc . I haven't seen my thoughts anywhere not here not anywhere

This is not all of it not even a small bit of it :
For one thing if i ask people could u write a small essay on "what are you", "what is a human" "what is life ". What kind of answers would we get? I think people would have slightly different answers and nothing like my answers to that.

Life is just chemical reactions.

All living things are composed of cells . All living things evolved from a single cell

To me a human is just cells that first cell , a machine.

The brain is nerve cells connected in patterns. These brain connections were programmed by evolution and culture to have all kinds of needs and beliefs and to be able to suffer constant unbearable pain

There's much more but that shows to me life me etc is even less meaningful. Life is meaningless torture prison slavery an evil imposition

Nothing matters. What will matter u. 150 years? In 10,000 years? In A trillion years? Nothing .To me the only thing that matters is avoiding extreme pain extreme suffering

There is much more but just this most would think is insane

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: lizzywizzy09 and GoatHerder
K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
Yes, but I always have these feelings of alienation, detachment and not quite belonging when I'm in social situations or communities. I know I probably sound like a teenager at the height of puberty, but I guess I just never grew out of it.

When it comes specifically to this forum, I don't think it's really unexpected to feel like you don't belong. The demographic is diverse and most of the posts are, by the nature of this forum, vents that I often don't really relate to.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sort of. It's mostly self-imposed because I don't want to have to burden anyone with my awfulness.

• Hugs
A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
Do you feel isolated on the forums because you don't seem to have anything in common with the rest except for the obvious general feelings of mental anguish from clinical depression, anxiety, suidiality, etc??? Just don't relate to most people here so you are kind of stuck on the sidelines so to speak?? Completely different circumstances/situation than most?? No "real" common ground??
I do. :/
I thought exactly yes, except I don't see emotions clinically or use clinical terms for emotions usually

I feel in a twist to answer because if I say 'yes but' then I feel like I'm fitting the being alienated from eachother?

• Hugs
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
I feel like I don't belong here because I haven't ever attempted. I just had strong feelings of wanting to die many times, and live every day with a general sense of wishing I wasn't here and apathy. But I've never been to the point where I've attempted to ctb and got close to it. That makes me feel like im faking it all.

• Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, whywere, DefinitelyReady and 1 other person
A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
. Even in the psych ward I felt this way

can I ask if you can elaborate here?

i too feel
It doesn't matter how fringe the group is I go to I always feel alien

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I never really fit in with any group of people honestly… I've had delusions that I did for a little while though. And this place is no different unfortunately.

Usually turns into "wow, I've finally found my people!" to "oh…guess we aren't really alike after all. False alarm".

but I do have a overall affinity for this site…only place really that you can say "life sucks balls" and not catch any flack for it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, Arachno, DefinitelyReady and 2 others
mistymoo

mistymoo

Im going to be apart of the 27 club
May 30, 2024
I'm so sorry everyone feels so left out on here. :( Is there anyway to fix this?

• Hugs
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I expect the forum to include a such a big range of experiences and perspectives, with the only thing we have in common being we believe in the right to die, we don't believe it's automatically wrong to choose your time and manner of death in every circumstance.

Beyond that, I expect there to be wide variations of opinion on everything. From the more detailed aspects of death and right-to-die issues, to religion, to mental illness and treatment, to pretty much all life experiences. To me, it's the same as if you gathered together thousands of people anywhere else on the internet… you'll get a sampling of everything.

So it doesn't make me feel left out because even if I see plenty of conversations that don't apply to me, I know there will still be threads that come along that I do relate to. It's just not going to be the majority when there are so many people.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: mistymoo, DefinitelyReady, rozeske and 1 other person
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
I don't feel alienated when I read posts I don't relate to tbh, I find them valuable because I want to know other perspectives on suicide before I make my own final decision.

Reactions: mistymoo and chester
C

ChangeWaiter

Oct 23, 2023
I don't feel as much alienated here as I do in any given group of people. I'm very awkward with people, which makes me a loner in most environments. My loneliness is one of the main reasons to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, whywere and DefinitelyReady
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
to a degree yes. most of my friends have either died or we've just drifted apart. it's been hard to make new connections here for me. i think since i became a mod it's played a role in making it more difficult. it also doesn't help i have high walls up so to speak and don't reach out as much anymore but that's on me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, WhatPowerIs, whywere and 1 other person
Tarrasque

Tarrasque

Apr 4, 2024
It seems like there's all sorts here but I feel outcast in my everyday life so the simple fact that people here respect my wish for death makes it feel accepting.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere
S

sparrowcharm

Aug 11, 2024
I'm new so i don't know yet but I'm 47 and almost always the oldest in online forums/discord

• Hugs
Reactions: Tarrasque, whywere and DefinitelyReady