Votes: 29 45.3%
  • somewhere between

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
i actually can't wait to go for it, i believe it will be very peaceful and relieving, just thinking about it feels blissful

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Yomyom, Buffy5120 and 3 others
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
It's coming sooner or later, everyone faces it ultimately

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Yomyom, puppy9 and 3 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Death is nothing to fear. I fear coming back and things playing out exactly as they had before.

• Love
Reactions: Homecoming, Leshen, _Minsk and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i fear the nothingness that follows death. but right now i feel at peace with it

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Deleted member 18655
George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
I fear the actual process of dying. If it hurts, or SI kicks in. I worry about the panic of the last few minutes, if it takes longer than anticipated, if something goes wrong and you end up a vegetable. I plan to CTB this week, maybe tuesday or wednesday, I am worried if I don;t do it right and every0one ends up knowing what I did, if I end up paralysed or in constant pain, the waiting is excrutiating x

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: puppy9, Existingnotliving, Joey and 3 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Yes. Looking back, it's only taken a few weeks to get from being ready to gather supplies for it to being anxious because it can't come soon enough. I'm at peace now and have reconciled anything I used to believe with what my reality is. Humans are resilient (if only I were) and family and friends will get on with life despite the pain this will cause. The unknown will bring fear at the moment of execution (for lack of a better word LOL) but if I can push past it I'll have accomplished something once in my life and actually followed through to realise a goal. I can't wait.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Death is nothing to fear. I fear coming back and things playing out exactly as they had before.
lol
that would be hell. But maybe there is something else apart from hell. But we've already had a long discussion about this elsewhere..

I'm worried about the final moments before death.
Will there be pain, will I be panicking, will time subjectively dilate to makes minutes and seconds seem like hours or days...?

Last edited:
Reactions: _Minsk and Wayfaerer
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
i actually can't wait to go for it, i believe it will be very peaceful and relieving, just thinking about it feels blissful
In some respects, relative to the infinity of time and space, death and fear and every other emotion and function of everything is irrelevant.
Like a lot of folk I'm tired of living, but scared of dying.
Love to you my brother
DBD

• Love
Reactions: esse_est_percipi and _Minsk
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
In some respects, relative to the infinity of time and space, death and fear and every other emotion and function of everything is irrelevant.
Like a lot of folk I'm tired of living, but scared of dying.
Love to you my brother
DBD
Hi, I've read a lot of your posts and you seem like a good guy.
Do you mind me asking if there is a method you have chosen, or do you just have suicidal ideation in general?

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
not really. i mean, survival instinct and all that makes me somewhat afraid of dying, but if i think about it rationally and listen to my head rather than my gut, i don't fear death. we all end up six feet under, anyways, so there's no point in fearing the inevitable. i'm more afraid of a painful death than anything.

Reactions: _Minsk, Starseedchip and Deleted member 18655
rundschlinge78

rundschlinge78

Jul 30, 2020
I do not fear death. I want to be dead. No regrets. Cannot miss anything. I do worry about dying and pain, which is why I prefer to die in control. I want to kill myself. Get it over with.
I only worry about the pain caused to those left behind...

Reactions: Homecoming and _Minsk
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I just remembered the light bulb moment for me. I was just playing the "Countries, Cities, Towns and Suburbs" game:

I've lived in seven or eight different countries in many parts of the world. Each time, I only researched the bare minimum of the culture/country/city so that the culture shock (which I love) would be real and force me to experience life, not tourism. I had to pack up everything I owned in a few large suitcases and move to a new country, a new apartment, for a new job. I had to meet people, find food, try new foods, play lots of charades until I learned the languages. Nothing was familiar except for the other expats and I stayed away from them so I could meet locals. I think I'm getting ready for the same thing when I ctb. There's a lot of unknowns and uncertainties, it's a big decision - the biggest I've ever made and I need to go because there's nothing for me in my current situation. It's all the same. My bus is just taking me to my next adventure... :heh:

softfuzzyman

softfuzzyman

Rot
Aug 17, 2020
I'm actually very afraid of an uncertain death that could come at any time. CTB is comforting because I'd be aware of it and mentally prepared since I'm doing it on purpose and it's planned.

Ayvoia

Ayvoia

Aug 19, 2020
I don't fear death itself, as I believe it's the same as before we are born.. Nothingness, non existence.

However, the method of dying is something that can and is what scares people.. And how it would affect those around us.

• Hugs
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I fear the actual process of dying. If it hurts, or SI kicks in. I worry about the panic of the last few minutes, if it takes longer than anticipated, if something goes wrong and you end up a vegetable. I plan to CTB this week, maybe tuesday or wednesday, I am worried if I don;t do it right and every0one ends up knowing what I did, if I end up paralysed or in constant pain, the waiting is excrutiating x
I hope you make a goodbye thread, so we can bid you farewell
I just remembered the light bulb moment for me. I was just playing the "Countries, Cities, Towns and Suburbs" game:

I've lived in seven or eight different countries in many parts of the world. Each time, I only researched the bare minimum of the culture/country/city so that the culture shock (which I love) would be real and force me to experience life, not tourism. I had to pack up everything I owned in a few large suitcases and move to a new country, a new apartment, for a new job. I had to meet people, find food, try new foods, play lots of charades until I learned the languages. Nothing was familiar except for the other expats and I stayed away from them so I could meet locals. I think I'm getting ready for the same thing when I ctb. There's a lot of unknowns and uncertainties, it's a big decision - the biggest I've ever made and I need to go because there's nothing for me in my current situation. It's all the same. My bus is just taking me to my next adventure... :heh:
Who really knows If Death is really the end. Like you said, it can be another next adventure.

• Love
Busoccupant

Busoccupant

Aug 18, 2020
For me being death is just like being in 1750. Can you remember anything about some day previous to your birth? The same very feeling is what awaits you when leaving this life. So no, no fear at all.

• Hugs
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
If I think about it too much I get anxious but I hope it's just going to feel like eternal sleep. The thought of my conciousness being completely gone and all my memories and thoughts are just gone and there's nothing more to see is scary

ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
I am not afraid of being dead, or of the afterlife (or lack thereof). I am, however, afraid of the pain just before dying...

• Love
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Now I think about it, the only real fear I have about death is that it doesn't come soon enough.

• Love
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I do not fear death

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming and _Minsk
GonnaGoBye

GonnaGoBye

Will die soon
Jun 30, 2020
No. Death is always something that fascinates me.

• Love
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Somewhere between. It sucks that I was born and now I have to experience this shit and do it. I'm not afraid of the dying process but more of what happens afterwards. I guess it's fear of the unknown.

Reactions: _Minsk and esse_est_percipi
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Hi, I've read a lot of your posts and you seem like a good guy.
Do you mind me asking if there is a method you have chosen, or do you just have suicidal ideation in general?
Hi friend, thanks, that is kind of you to say so. As far as methods go, I flip flop between SN and hanging. Ideation does come and go to be honest, I was on a bit of a streak last few weeks where I was able to keep the demons (as it were) under control, but like all things they returned eventually. Peace friend.
DBD

• Hugs
Reactions: Yomyom, _Minsk and esse_est_percipi