sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Do you ever wonder if anyone you know in real life is on here?

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, voyager, Unfit and 4 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes. I also thought I found someone from real life on here, but now I am not so sure. I hope most people I know don't have to come here.

Reactions: Fimbulvetr and sserafim
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Back in my home country I doubt that anyone I know is on this site. We have this firewall that blocks everything (including google, youtube, etc) and everyone has to find their way around this, get vpn or smth. That alone decreases the chance of them finding this site. I didn't know anything about this site until this summer, and for me it was already 2 years out of that shithole (and here I am in another shithole that just isp-blocked this site today. How ironic lol). Another thing is this forum uses English and people generally find it harder to communicate in their second language if they're ever able to get hold of one. Again I'm very glad that for me it doesn't seem much of a problem. I don't know what to do without SaSu tbh.

For the ppl I'm in contact with now I don't know for sure and I don't think I'll ever know. There's this whole chain of suspicion thing going on irl. You don't know how people will react if they find out that you're suicidal, and they don't know how you'll react either. In the end everyone just hide themselves, put on masks and pretend to be normal. It's interesting though to think about the possibility that someone I meet on a daily basis is actually here as well lol.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yes. I also thought I found someone from real life on here, but now I am not so sure. I hope most people I know don't have to come here.
What made you think so?

Nortu

Nortu

Longing for an ending
Apr 7, 2023
Would'nt be surprised if there is. Most people here know english from an early age, internet access is widespread. To top it off I have had a fair share of unstable people I know of so I cant say its unlikely. I know at least 3 Ppl that have been openly suicidal in conversation at some point in time

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Don't really know any people and didn't really consider it up until a few days ago, but after a recent talk with my mum there's at least the possibility that someone I know may be here or end up here. Do hope there isn't, because I wanna talk freely about my experiences when I can without anyone realising who I am.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I never thought about that tbh. I think.

Two girls who spoke my language reached out to me when I was first here and had more open profile, but I didn't know them irl and they didn't live that close except one in a country next to mine. May she rest in peace...

If there is someone here I knew irl, I am not sure how I would feel about it because I burned many bridges and I am not particularly fond of anyone to that extent anymore. Like it is hard to imagine if I would feel different than towards people here who I didn't know irl.

Reactions: Fimbulvetr and sserafim
spirol

spirol

Dec 19, 2022
i think it's likely that someone i know has discovered the website, but unlikely that i have met any of the registered users irl.

Epsilon Lyrae

Epsilon Lyrae

Aug 23, 2023
Entering this site is like entering a differrent world... It's like people here and people irl are from differrent planets. I can't even wrap my head around that i very well might be talking with someone i know, without any of us knowing it

Reactions: theslasher, Sprite_Geist and sserafim
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
What made you think so?
Someone on here took a strong interest in me, and they seemed to have a lot in common with the person I knew. However, the person I suspected is a woman, and most people on this website thought the user was a man.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I wish.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I live in Germany and the diaspora of Germans is not that big on here. I am kind of glad about that. I would not rule it out. But not many people are aware of my true thoughts about suicide in the real life. Moreover people usually forget things pretty fast. I am not extremely anxious about it.

theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
Yeah I've definitely wondered about this, it'd be freaky if you had regular conversations with someone on here and they just happened to be someone you knew in real life...

highly unlikely though.
Entering this site is like entering a differrent world... It's like people here and people irl are from differrent planets. I can't even wrap my head around that i very well might be talking with someone i know, without any of us knowing it
I agree the perspectives of people on this site and people in real life are so wildly different. Which is why it's so hard to imagine anyone else in my life on here. But then again we have a filter irl so who knows.