E

End.of.the.line

Sep 25, 2018
I talk to myself a lot but lately I've seen myself do it even more. Sometimes it feels like I can't hold in my thoughts anymore and I might go on a solo rant for 10-20 min. Other times I have a full on conversation with myself as two or more different people usually in different funny accents. It's all pretty bonkers and lot of the shit I say makes no sense. Sometime I even let a few words or a sentence slip out when I'm around people which can be embarrassing but I can't help it.

Anyone else ever experienced anything this?

Reactions: MelancholyDolly, DevilInHell667, cccitrus and 19 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Yes

Reactions: DevilInHell667, journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 9 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I've said words out loud in other people's presence and had them look at me and ask me what I said but it's often like I can't remember what I've said as if it was a long time ago instead of seconds.

Reactions: Othermind, journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
Me? I speak to Myself and I.

Reactions: journeytotheend, Master Atsu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Sometimes. Kinda freaks me out though.

Reactions: journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 7 others
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
Of course.

Reactions: cccitrus, journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
I used to but only when I thought I could not be heard. Years of living with others and living alone in a poorly insulated apartment have made me curtail the practice. After all, if I can hear my neighbors downstairs talking (even if I can't make out the words), surely they are able to hear me.
Years back I used to talk and pace around the apartment. While seen as kind of weird, I don't think talking to myself ever caused harm.

Last edited:
Reactions: journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 4 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
All the time, sometimes with multiple voices.....i need friends..

Reactions: journeytotheend, wiIIow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
Only in my head.

Reactions: journeytotheend, Master Atsu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
When I'm thinking about mistakes I've made, I often involuntary say things like "fucking idiot"

Reactions: stellabelle, journeytotheend, wiIIow and 12 others
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
All the time, either in my head or out loud if no one is around. I could talk to myself for hours every day. I'm the only person irl I can talk to and trust.

Reactions: journeytotheend, Master Atsu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Nov 25, 2018
I talk to myself ALL the time! I'm talking full on conversations too(mostly when I'm alone lol)! In all honesty I'm one of my favorite people to talk to. And as far as I'm concerned why the heck shouldn't I be!

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I talk to myself all the time like many others in this thread. I'm just so fucking lonely.

Reactions: journeytotheend, TheCrow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
In my head yes, and I'll jot down my thoughts daily, it's feels quite nice writing it out and even better that I just do it on my laptop or phone as my hand writing over the years has gotten soooo bad, like you couldn't translate it properly bad.

If it's out loud it's probably during some intense scene in a movie or TV show where I'll quietly say "fuck.."

Reactions: journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 4 others
Whatshername

Whatshername

That Ghost Lady on the Hill
Dec 14, 2018
When I'm thinking about mistakes I've made, I often involuntary say things like "fucking idiot"

Same here. Otherwise I just talk to myself in my head, or talk to my cat when he's willing to listen :D

Reactions: Sinbad, journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
ScottPilgram

ScottPilgram

slime guy, xe/xem it/its
Feb 2, 2019
Ugh all the time. I thin ig ot it from my dad. my dad will not only talk to ihimself, but "think to himself outloud" he will makee handgestures in public. out of the corner of my eye in the car in the front seat i saw hiim thinking out loud and gesturing to himself. he looked angry. deep in thought, what a scum. my family accuses me of being crazy or autistic because i talk to myself when i think im by myself. what scum

Reactions: journeytotheend, TheCrow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Yes I do talk sometimes and sometimes I throw random nonsense and I keep repeating it until it becomes a habit and gladly nobody hears it :pfff: but I don't talk much generally and one of the reasons is talking make me feel more tired.

Reactions: journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 5 others
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
Umm yep, though never out loud, which can make the two times a week that i leave the house & converse properly to people bloody hard, turns out i often reply, but only to myself & forget the out loud bit, Do'h

Reactions: Deafsn0w, journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
Sometimes, though rare...but I talk to my dog all the time. Like I will have a full conversation with him. He's truly my best friend and I think he understands me at times. At least he "gets" my vibes. He is very sensitive to my anxiety and emotions.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Sinbad, stellabelle and 9 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I'll think things over in my head a lot, usually when I'm overthinking situations and I imagine conversations and things like that which might happen if I did something, or if I had done something differently. I also spend a fair amount of time daydreaming and making up stories and stuff like that, can never be bothered to write it down and make an actual story out of it though. Not sure if any of that really qualifies as talking to yourself but thought I'd share anyways.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, journeytotheend, Master Atsu and 7 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Probably more than I should. Mostly during morning walks, but also sometimes in presence if other people. Turns things pretty awkward at times.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, journeytotheend, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
in my mind - always
for real - sometimes, when I know that no one's around
I hate uninvolved ppl listening to me live or when I'm one the phone^^

Reactions: Deafsn0w, journeytotheend, TheCrow and 5 others
Cold

Cold

Earthbound
Aug 27, 2018
Constantly. I regularly have long conversations with myself.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, Wolfjob_dayjob and 4 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
90% of my time is alone, who else am I going to talk to

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, Memento Mori and 6 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
yup, the only time I seem to know how to talk to people is when I'm completely alone. things have been known to get pretty heated...

I'm sure the government agent watching me is having a blast

Reactions: Circles, charlottewilts, therhydler and 9 others
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
Prior to my last attempt to pop my clogs 5/6 yrs back i still had the wonderful Factcat, the most brilliant puddy tat aside from Bigsby who had passed a few yrs earlier, anyway the little lad was 18 & had been used to living in a normal'ish house where people spoke to each other & him, i'd retreated back inside my own head & poor Fatcat didn't even hear my voice when i was talking to him, felt so bad about that. Sorry the thread just reminded me.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
journeytotheend

journeytotheend

Jan 1, 2019
I don't have lengthy conversations with myself, at least not out loud. But I have negative outbursts towards myself sometimes when I 'm alone. Like "Fuck, you're so stupid/worthless/lost!".

Reactions: therhydler, End.of.the.line, Deafsn0w and 3 others
S

sólstafir

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
No, I don't talk to myself out loud, but I sing and hum a lot, especially in nature, the lyrics I sing makes no sense, I just let my mind flow. But I'm having long inner conversations with myself often.. Sometimes long vents, stories, scenarious, pretending to have a conversation with someone I know, dreams, sabotaging myself, and rarely even making myself laugh.

Reactions: therhydler, Johnnythefox, End.of.the.line and 7 others
Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
Yes, frequently. I also argue with myself a lot (and lose most of the time)

Reactions: therhydler, Johnnythefox, End.of.the.line and 5 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Yes, frequently. I also argue with myself a lot (and lose most of the time)
Been there before, I can't ever win them arguments

Reactions: LetMeBeSad, therhydler, End.of.the.line and 2 others