• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
Do you ever feel guilty of thinking and/or feeling the way you do?

Have you ever stopped to think about the bigger picture and how insignificant we actually are in space and time?

For example they'll likely be a bunch of Armish people who will probably never even know you existed. You'll likely never of entered their reality. You, your thoughts and your feelings will likely of never of had shaped their world whatsoever.

Why do we put so much importance on our own experience when realistically it won't ever matter to that many others? (If any) Are we selfish for doing so?

Have you ever considered the possibility that we could all be a bunch of egomaniacs?

If barely anyone really cares, why do we allow ourselves to care so much? Clearly our thoughts and feelings are of little importance.

• Love
Reactions: reclaimedbynature
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Do you ever feel guilty of thinking and/or feeling the way you do?

Have you ever stopped to think about the bigger picture and how insignificant we actually are in space and time?

For example they'll likely be a bunch of Armish people who will probably never even know you existed. You'll likely never of entered their reality. You, your thoughts and your feelings will likely of never of had shaped their world whatsoever.

Why do we put so much importance on our own experience when realistically it won't ever matter to that many others? (If any) Are we selfish for doing so?

Have you ever considered the possibility that we could all be a bunch of egomaniacs?

If barely anyone really cares, why do we allow ourselves to care so much? Clearly our thoughts and feelings are of little importance.
I would say that killing yourself means that you don't put importance on your existence. Only people who feel like they are important in some way are still living. I think that if you kill yourself, you view your life as worthless, pointless and meaningless. You thought that your own experience was so worthless that you chose to end it. Personally, I do, I view life itself as pointless. There's no reason for all of this.

I think that you have to put importance on your own experience and care about yourself because you are yourself, it's your life and your experience. You have to do what's right for you and advocate for yourself because no one will, no one cares.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
YEAR2050

YEAR2050

All goes to waste.
Apr 8, 2023
i can at times feel like i am over-exaggerating my own circumstances, and that makes me feel guilty and ashamed. but existential contemplation often relaxes me. reminds me that none of my mistakes or sorrows will matter to the world.

Upvote 0
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
are u asking why ppl care abt themselves despite the insignificance their life will play in the grand scheme of things & how little others care abt them?? bc they're still them ofc. their life is all they have, obv the goal's gonna be to make it as enjoyable for themselves as they can.
i was wondering if anyone else ever thinks and/or feels the way i do.

i guess i kinda feel like maybe i'm just my own problem.

If the goal is ALL about self, that's 100% selfish.

Upvote 0
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
If the goal is ALL about self, that's 100% selfish.
interesting perspective🧸so u consider (the majority of) ppl that commit suicide to be selfish then. do u think it's selfish to feed yourself when you're hungry?? & would u also consider some1 who killed themselves to escape awful circumstances as selfish??

Reactions: sserafim
Upvote 0
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
Everyone is selfish, humans are inherently programmed to be selfish and self-interested. I think it was for evolutionary and survival purposes

That is true to some extent. Babies need to be selfish to survive. People evolve over time too, experience is gained and we grow, physically and mentally.

If we are truly selfish by putting so much importance on our thoughts and feelings, i guess the question becomes are we all ok about our selfishness? 🤔🤷🏻

Upvote 0
K

KANCEL

Feb 21, 2024
I do. I often feel it's all my fault. If someone else had my body they would be doing a bette job. It doesn't matter at this point who or what's at fault. Either way I still wish I never existed

• Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious
Upvote 0
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
interesting perspective🧸so u consider (the majority of) ppl that commit suicide to be selfish then. do u think it's selfish to feed yourself when you're hungry?? & would u also consider some1 who killed themselves to escape awful circumstances as selfish??
obv the goal's gonna be to make it as enjoyable for themselves as they can.
How is that perspective interesting? That is your perspective is it not? 🤔

i was simply pointing out that if (if being the key word again) the goal you personally find obvious is all about self, that would be 100% selfish. Going by your own logic that would make everyone who committed suicide selfish.

Upvote 0
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Everyone is selfish, humans are inherently programmed to be selfish and self-interested. I think it was for evolutionary and survival purposes
Very true. It's disgusting we are like this

Upvote 0
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
That is true to some extent. Babies need to be selfish to survive. People evolve over time too, experience is gained and we grow, physically and mentally.

If we are truly selfish by putting so much importance on our thoughts and feelings, i guess the question becomes are we all ok about our selfishness? 🤔🤷🏻
I think that the only selfish people are pro-lifers who expect us to live and suffer, as well as loved ones who will be sad about the fact that you ctb. Loved ones care more about the pain/sadness/grief etc they would feel after you die than your own suffering. They put more importance on their thoughts and feelings than yours (even though it's your pain, your suffering and your life to live). Therefore, they're the selfish ones. I don't think that it's selfish if you're suffering and want to end it. You're in pain, it's a natural response to make it want to stop. It's selfish to expect someone to stay alive for other people.

The only case where I would say that ctb is selfish is if you have children that you need to provide for, as they're dependent on you. In all other cases, I believe that suicide isn't selfish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
How is that perspective interesting? That is your perspective is it not? 🤔

i was simply pointing out that if (if being the key word again) the goal you personally find obvious is all about self, that would be 100% selfish. Going by your own logic that would make everyone who committed suicide selfish.
how is it my logic?😭i'm not the one saying that everything u do w just yourself in mind is selfish, u are. & no, my perspective isn't the same as urs, lmao. is that not apparent by my questions?

some ppl don't have any1 else they'd need to take into consideration b4 kts, so how can that be selfish? just like my other question, how can feeding yourself when hungry be selfish?

Reactions: divinemistress36
Upvote 0
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
View attachment 129679

What you described as the "obv" "goal" is in fact selfish according to the dictionary definition is it not? 🤔
u think wanting to make ur life as enjoyable as u can for yourself...is selfish??😭how does that goal automatically come w lack of consideration for others💀i think you're the 1 that needs that definition, lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
Upvote 0
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
I think that the only selfish people are pro-lifers who expect us to live and suffer, as well as loved ones who will be sad about the fact that you ctb. Loved ones care more about the pain/sadness/grief etc they would feel after you die than your own suffering. They put more importance on their thoughts and feelings than yours (even though it's your pain, your suffering and your life to live). Therefore, they're the selfish ones. I don't think that it's selfish if you're suffering and want to end it. You're in pain, it's a natural response to make it want to stop. It's selfish to expect someone to stay alive for other people.

The only case where I would say that ctb is selfish is if you have children that you need to provide for, as they're dependent on you. In all other cases, I believe that suicide isn't selfish.
IMG 8599
That's pretty much how i personally feel about it. i'm personally at peace about the choices others close to me have made. However i know my personal opinion isn't popular amongst others who are impacted.

i personally disagree with the rest of my family since i personally feel they'd be selfish to want people to suffer just so they didn't have to feel sad and miss them.
u think wanting to make ur life as enjoyable as u can for yourself...is selfish??😭how does that goal automatically come w lack of consideration for others💀
i personally don't decide the dictionary definition.

Have others ever even been considered while striving for that goal?

For example let's say i was planning to jump in front of a train, it would be selfish of me to just go and do it. There's a train driver and passengers that goal would impact too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I think feeling bad/guilty doesn't help. It is not that I am unable to feel, in fact I did to extremes and sometimes still do to a degree.

But, my existence or non existence is bound to hurt someone/something. I sometimes think it is unfortunate but it is just how it is and I am just a human.

• Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious
Upvote 0
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
I think feeling bad/guilty doesn't help. It is not that I am unable to feel, in fact I did to extremes and sometimes still do to a degree.

But, my existence or non existence is bound to hurt someone/something. I sometimes think it is unfortunate but it is just how it is and I am just a human.

i completely agree feeling bad/guilty definitely doesn't help. It actually makes me feel worse. i often attempt to dismiss my thoughts and feelings.

i actually really like your rationale that "it is unfortunate but it is just how it is and I am just a human."

• Hugs
Reactions: R_N
Upvote 0