hikikomori-

hikikomori-

Sep 10, 2023
I'm a long time lurker on the site, I've been suicidal for a long time, depressed for even longer, finally decided to make an account.

I find it so sad that even after I'm long gone there will still be horrific suffering for so many others for as long as this planet spins. Me passing will only end my own suffering but so many people and animals will continue to be born into it and we can't stop it. Disease, both physical and mental will continue to exist, horrific parasites and viruses continue to infect, homeless people will still be starving on the streets, children continue to be abused and abandoned, animals will still be slaughtered and mistreated, governments will still wage wars and people will be injured, murdered and so on.

This place is hell, I'm sure there can be nothing after this that is worse. But sometimes I get so depressed that even if I CTB that life will continue to suffer for as long as it exists.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, myusername890, Lilja and 14 others
Ondine0000ff

Ondine0000ff

Ondine
Aug 19, 2023
Omg yes like it's so so depressing, but then on the other hand we can't do anything about it cause the solution would be for us to all die together, but most people still want to live as they don't see the overall pain we are in as a species. So killing them would be stealing their freedom to choose. All we could do would be to at least make ctb easier for people who realize how fucked up this world is.

Reactions: myusername890, lachrymost, Harrow and 3 others
Girlfriend

Girlfriend

I’ll try again next time ☀️
Sep 11, 2023
The bad things in life will go on. Forever, probably.

But so will the good things.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: リンさん, ChronicallyCynical, hawkshorizon and 2 others
Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
I think about it all the time, especially as humans destroy the planet, it will only get worse… it's so hard to have hope for the future. <\3

Reactions: Cloud Busting, myusername890, lachrymost and 3 others
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
Fifty years ago, homosexuals were tortured and not recognized. I thank the United Nations for spreading peace on earth.

Reactions: hikikomori- and hawkshorizon
hawkshorizon

hawkshorizon

Aug 23, 2023
Our species has a remarkable talent for repeating its history ad nauseam. I don't see that ending anytime in the near future. So, I don't feel sadness so much as I do as a heavy sense of futility.

• Love
Reactions: springleaf, myusername890, hikikomori- and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's a very kind thought. I feel terrible for all the suffering that goes on. The whole situation seems so tragic to me. Still- after I'm gone- honestly, not so much. I do feel bad for what future generations are likely to have to deal with- what with global warming etc. Still- I'm probably more selfish than that. I've done my bit. I haven't had children. It won't be my loved ones suffering. I suppose I'd just feel overwhelmed if I started worrying about all the future creatures that are likely to suffer. Plus- I can't do that much more to prevent it. I ought to become vegan rather than just vegetarian really. Still- after I'm dead- that's up to everybody else. I pitty them for their responsibility but- I didn't inflict that on them. I can't wait to just be free of it all. If other people think they can give their children a good, care free future- that's up to them. It makes sense for them to be so invested in the future but- personally, I can't wait to be shot of it all.

Reactions: Harrow, hikikomori- and peace_van
Girlfriend

Girlfriend

I’ll try again next time ☀️
Sep 11, 2023
Do you like to read? I have found a lot of comfort and options to rethink this way of thinking through post-apocalyptic fiction.

The Road is a good one but I want to give a trigger warning that the book includes a suicide and a very well talked out one. Swan Song is another good one.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Absolutely, it's just disgusting and disturbing to think of how this futile cycle of senseless torment and cruelty will just so unnecessarily continue. I find it tragic how there isn't just nothingness instead, it's tragic how anyone has to suffer, existence is just something so wrong, existence is nothing more than a horrific mistake that just causes harm, it's repulsive having the ability to exist in a world where there is unlimited potential to be tortured.

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim, Harrow and 2 others
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
There's nothing I can do about this. Most people don't realize that suffering continues with life and would not want to do anything about it. If the majority of them want this to continue, the only thing I can say is, it's their choice and therefore it's their suffering to endure.

This is depressing enough though.

Reactions: sserafim and myusername890
kittyneedsabreak

kittyneedsabreak

Sep 10, 2023
Yeah it's something that gets to me a good bit. I'm anti-industrialist, and when I've researched so in depth the history of human development and we've at the cost of sanity and basic living chosen to have modern comforts that are only available for the few, constant surveillance, insane class division (which only grew out of agriculture), and even just the existence of pandemics comes from humans congregating, it's so fucking depressing to keep living. At least in the US, unless the property is state sanctioned you're suddenly trespassing. You can't go off the grid without major land taxes which means you still have to participate in the economy to earn that money. Yeah prehistoric groups weren't perfect but living to survive and exist for yourself and a small group is tangible living. Living to be a wage slave on a dying planet that the people in power don't want to save, a planet where millions of people are hurt by other people worldwide for arbitrary fucking reasons such as them being queer or female, is not fucking living.

Reactions: immrw, sserafim and hawkshorizon
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
I feel it on my shoulders.

hawkshorizon

hawkshorizon

Aug 23, 2023
Fifty years ago, homosexuals were tortured and not recognized. I thank the United Nations for spreading peace on earth.

Yeah prehistoric groups weren't perfect but living to survive and exist for yourself and a small group is tangible living.

Yeah prehistoric groups weren't perfect but living to survive and exist for yourself and a small group is tangible living.

I like your use of the word 'tangible.' Life must have been so much more immediate and intimate. I don't think life was any less brutal or cruel than it is today, but I do believe that people in small, semi-nomadic tribes were more able to connect with the world and one another in a much more tangible way than we're able to do today.

Reactions: kittyneedsabreak
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
It sounds like I wrote it..... How cruel it all is. I understand you perfectly