W

Worthless loser

Feb 13, 2020
I do. Sometimes it's just a sudden lump in my throat and my eyes well up, and I turn away and face a corner until I can regain my composure. Other times, I can feel myself starting to crack ahead of time, and I have to go in the bathroom and muffle my sobs lest any of my coworkers hear me...great heaving sobs of such sadness. I am so lonely, hopeless, and despondent. I hate myself so much. I hate my life so much. I wish I was dead.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Despondent, Epsilon0 and 12 others
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
No, but back at my old job I had a coworker who would regularly cry. She had the cubicle right behind mine.

She was a very emotionally transparent person, when she was happy you knew she was happy but when she was sad you knew that as well.

I think she was struggling with her health, finances, and marriage. I remember one time at work she felt so bad she struggled to walk and had to lean on things without falling (although this has happened a few times prior so it wasn't that alarming). She asked me to hold her up to get her back to her desk, I ended up carrying her to somewhere where she could lay down a rest. I remember she was laying there and she didn't want an ambulance to be called because couldn't afford it and didn't want to go deeper into debt, but other coworkers were yelling at me to call an ambulance.

That was a really stressful situation for me because I didn't know wtf to do and I didn't understand why they were putting that responsibility on me. Just because I carried her all of a sudden I'm responsible for making decisions for her when it comes to her health??

Fortunately she ended up feeling better fairly quickly after she layed down to rest and no ambulance was called.

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, Dead Horse, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
I did at my old job. Then I started having panic attacks there and had to take a leave of absence. You're definitely not alone. Your emotions are valid and being able to express them is way better than trying to hold everything in. (Not to be annoying, but have you tried treatment at all? I know the first meds I tried didn't help everything, but the constant crying went away, which made it easier to work.) Is there any way you can take time off work to sort things out?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Woodnote, Final Escape and 1 other person
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
I don't but it doesn't mean I haven't felt the urge to cry at work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Woodnote, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
M

mouseteeth

Dec 2, 2019
That happens to me often. I just have these sudden existential breakdowns where I think, "this is it. This is my life." Having to work 8 1/2 hours 6 days a week in a place where I don't want to be while having to be near people I don't want to be around is definitely a major contributor to my mental struggles.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Woodnote, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
almost every day, I hate my job and any little thing can set off a spiral where I have to go to the toilet and have a panic attack

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Woodnote, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
All the time

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Woodnote, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I don't work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Woodnote
selfhater

selfhater

Experienced
Mar 1, 2020
i don't work but when i was at school, crying was my every morning routine

• Hugs
alexK

alexK

Tormented
Mar 9, 2020
I remember at uni I was overwhelmed and mid lecture I just let it go. Broke down crying. Face was emotionless just tears falling nonstop. The prof asked me if I wanted to go wash my face and I said sure. I left the hall real quick. Fortunately it was the beginning of the semester so I went to the advisor next day and deleted that course just so I dont have to face that professor again.

• Hugs
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
yes. I was extremely depressed one day at work. Just the sight of couples made my eyes watery. I had to go into the backroom and let it all out. I went home early that day because i couldnt take it. Got into my car broke down then drove home and broke down some more and went to bed.. didnt want to be awake at the time.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote and not-2-b-the-answer
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Well a job would be nice to start with but hi ho hi ho its not of to work we go . I am just at that age were no one wants to employment me but still get brow beating by the job centre they know what's going on more than me but they still keep at you makeing you feel guilty for being out of work :(

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Woodnote and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I do. Sometimes it's just a sudden lump in my throat and my eyes well up, and I turn away and face a corner until I can regain my composure. Other times, I can feel myself starting to crack ahead of time, and I have to go in the bathroom and muffle my sobs lest any of my coworkers hear me...great heaving sobs of such sadness. I am so lonely, hopeless, and despondent. I hate myself so much. I hate my life so much. I wish I was dead.
I don't think I've cried at work but I have on the drive home because I hate it so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
Doormat

Doormat

Life is never so bad that it can't get any worse
May 22, 2020
I have on so many occasions - I find it completely humiliating

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, not-2-b-the-answer and GoodPersonEffed
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Not at my current job. But I worked for an international corporation a long time ago where people (including me) were frequently crying in the bathroom.

It was an inhumane work place. It chewed you up and spit you out.

Imagine working for a boss who tells you to your face that you and everyone else is replaceable. That for every employee on the pay roll, there are 10 CVs ready to take their place.

I learned a lot about corporations.

• Hugs
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
I don't work right now, but back in my professional days, being at work was a misery b/c of how people would affect me. I'm a sensitive person, and dealing with the constant backstabbing, gossipping, and clique-y office politics made me miserable. I was unlikeable apparently.

One day in particular, I found out that all my coworkers had gone out to lunch together, including all the cubicles around me, but the person who organized it made sure I didn't go. I ended up crying about that when I got home for the rest of the night. I knew it was dumb and I shouldn't care, but I always cared too much what others thought of me.

I think I should have found a way to work alone much sooner in life, it probably would have saved me a lot of misery.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Oh_dear_how_Gastly, Woodnote and not-2-b-the-answer
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I get these urges to cry depending on what it is that's happened, or just from my own feelings. It takes everything out of me not to cry on the spot.

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Lately I've been crying at every shift. My anxiety has been crazy. It gets so bad that I literally can't do my job and they send me home. I feel pathetic.

At least I've managed to work the last two or three shifts...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Woodnote and not-2-b-the-answer
R

RepressedMind

Miss the full ability to think
Apr 24, 2020
I was about to at one point, but I held myself back as I was still at a workplace.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob