Beyond Galaxy
Dec 3, 2023
Is this fake or real?

Reactions: sserafim
evanave

evanave

love you guys <3
Dec 5, 2023
I don't believe we are. I don't believe it's possible to give machines consciousness like we have, therefore it would be impossible for someone else to have created our world in a simulation.

Reactions: sserafim, Talvikki, EyeBeyond and 1 other person
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
If life was a simulation then God must be evil

Reactions: sserafim and reclaimedbynature
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I would hope not

Reactions: kermudgeon, sserafim, Talvikki and 1 other person
Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I don't believe it, I know it. It's the core belief in both western gnosticism and dharmic religions. Just look up the term Māyā.

Reactions: sserafim, EyeBeyond and leavingthesoultrap
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Feels bloody real and miserable enough when I've got toothache.

Reactions: sserafim, EyeBeyond and pthnrdnojvsc
Spades

Spades

he/him
Jul 7, 2023
This is something I've thought about briefly before and I came to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter either way.

Simulation or not, how does that change anything at all about the life I've lived up to this point or that anyone else has and ever will live?

It doesn't change anything concrete, but I guess knowing the true answer might change one's outlook on life depending on the individual in question.

It's not something I see as important personally, it's at the bottom of interesting thought experiments. It makes me feel nothing at all but maybe that's because I'm fucked up and weird.

The only real consequence of living in a simulation is the lack of afterlife I guess? To be fair though, that's the most likely case with or without being in a simulation.

Maybe the plug being pulled out of nowhere, but I'd reckon it'd happen so quickly that no one would even notice that they were being erased because it was so instantaneous.

The most horrific outcome of living in a simulation that I thought of on the spot is this being some sort of apocalypse simulation and we're just living out the calm before the storm, now that's where this gets a bit interesting!

But that's just the writer in me throwing ideas at the wall lol, I genuinely don't know or care abt living in a simulation.

My feelings and surroundings feel real to me, and this won't change even if I happen to be some insignificant computer program out of billions locked away in some kid's old laptop. Being a robot is cool anyways.

Reactions: kermudgeon, sserafim, EyeBeyond and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I doubt it but even if we are- what difference does it make? Unless soneone knows another way to 'force quit' it- we're stuck 'playing' it till we die. ☹️

Reactions: sserafim, EyeBeyond and doormat25
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
imo there is no simulation. There is not one iota of evidence for any simulation nor for any of these other theories any religion, magic , supernatural beings, god , simulation, ghosts, spirits, magic, the devil, souls, multiverse and many other theories . there is not an iota of evidence for any of these theories and stories.

All these things have things in common. there is no reproducible experimental evidence. All we have is that some human thinks this is real or that they say they saw something.

And again each begs the question why ? why would anyone go through all the trouble of a simulation or to create life that can suffer such unbearable pain. No the only thing that makes sense is a horrific accident of chaos, a chemical reaction created the molecule called DNA called life.

What there is literally mountains of evidence for is things like evolution what a human is , descended from that first cell so is that cell , is that first vertebrate, that first worm.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Talvikki, EyeBeyond and 1 other person
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
Yes, because why not?

Also no, because it's a silly idea.

We are all hallucinating the same existence, whatever the design is doesn't matter. You play the game whatever way you choose. Some win, some don't.

Reactions: sserafim, H25pital Order and EyeBeyond
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Yes. Our souls are trapped here in this fake reality.

Reactions: kermudgeon, Homo erectus and sserafim
KrowaKovsky

KrowaKovsky

i dunno what to put here
Feb 22, 2023
Ditto pretty much every "nothing is substantial to prove it either way" in this thread.

It's like the dead internet theory that's been kind of circulating around, where while there's evidence, you can't really *prove* or fully *disprove* it.

Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Suffering is real even if it's hallucination or simulation. Another question is whether there is connection between different simulations that gives rise to memory of a past life and reincarnation. Even if we are induced to think we suffered in the past it's still real belief.

Reactions: sserafim
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

five lives too late, and there's blood in my hair
Jan 27, 2024
hmmm on a very large universal sense i dont think i can say, either way we are here. but i do feel like we are constantly being "tested in a simulation" in different systems whether it be monetary, experimental or systematic. not necessarily in an always very outright malicious way, but for example with a lot of modern social media/internet, if you were quite young (well anyone of any age but i feel like kids are an important aspect to this example) when you began to use those services i believe you have been tested on in a way and the results are showing now, and then the results can be used for more questionable use. not even in a brainchip way but more in data and patterns.

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think that we could be, personally I think that life is just a video game.

Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I think that we could be, personally I think that life is just a video game.
Like the movie Ready Player One, the characters pursuing each other in the game and reality quite meaninglessly. I am not sure if there is even a true or final reality. Everything, time, space, physical laws, may suddenly change.

Reactions: Tears in Rain and sserafim
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
It doesn't matter if it's real or not - it is functionally the only thing I know.

Reactions: rozeske, Tears in Rain, sserafim and 1 other person