Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
No, we've done irreparable damage to our planet and governments refuse to make any meaningful changes despite what scientists, activists and the general population tell them; big corpos still get away with terrible humanitarian and envrionmental rights violations. Best we can do for now is to preserve the little we still have so we can last a little longer as a species, but that still wouldn't undo hundreds of years of reckless exploitation and suffering the Earth has gone through.

Space exploration and colonization seem our future, but who's to say we won't make the same mistakes we did on Earth?
The future just isn't promising in many regards.

@ncmxm very true my friend, reminds me on an old Michael Jackson song called earth song the video predicted everything we are facing step by step. Goosebumps.

Earth song is one of the most powerful songs from MJ, in my opinion. Every time I listen to it, I can't help but to lament barely anything has changed since it was written in the 90's. It's a chilling reminder of what might come or is already happening.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I know climate change is already causing harm to a lot of people and animals. I'm sure that will continue for a long time and I didn't mean to be insensitive about that. The gist of the thread was more about whether we think the world / the human species will end.

Oh, who knows what this thread is about anymore? :ahhha: Climate change & environmental destruction will cause hundreds of millions of people to suffer & eventually kill them, but not every single region of the world will be brought to its knees. Countries like Canada, Sweden & Finland might even thrive. There are Siberia, Greenland & Antarctica. Plenty of us hairless apes will survive & continue to breed even if a couple of nuclear wars over water, food, uncontrolled mass migrations & who the fuck knows what else break out. We're resilient pieces of shit. I might be wrong, of course, but I don't really give a shit. There's nothing special about us or any other shitty lifeform on this planet anyway.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
No, we've done irreparable damage to our planet and governments refuse to make any meaningful changes despite what scientists, activists and the general population tell them; big corpos still get away with terrible humanitarian and envrionmental rights violations. Best we can do for now is to preserve the little we still have so we can last a little longer as a species, but that still wouldn't undo hundreds of years of reckless exploitation and suffering the Earth has gone through.

Space exploration and colonization seem our future, but who's to say we won't make the same mistakes we did on Earth?
The future just isn't promising in many regards.

Earth song is one of the most powerful songs from MJ, in my opinion. Every time I listen to it, I can't help but to lament barely anything has changed since it was written in the 90's. It's a chilling reminder of what might come or is already happening.
This version is extremely powerful, stumbled on it by mistake, MJ just wanted to heal the planet, broke of a broken heart. Even the first boy who accused said he lied cause of his greedy father who commited suicide 2 months after MJ death. Karma never fails.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and Heartaches
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Planet will be around, but humanity won't. Organisms will adapt to the changing environments that would only sustain them, but humanity as a whole is doomed I tell ya...DOOOOOOMED!!!
Angry He Man GIF

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The planet itself will be fine as long as we don't invent something that can drastically affect the mantle or core layers of the earth. As for all the life on this planet, it'll probably also be fine but it won't necessarily persist as we know it. Nature will find ways to adapt around our shenanigans even if some species will die out.

People only care about the environment for selfish reasons. When people say the environment is getting worse it's because it's getting worse by our own arbitrary standards of living. I say if you really hate humans, why not contribute further to making things worse for everyone else?

Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021
I think it could but there's not enough will in humanity to actually want to do the things needed asap to correct the trajectory. They complain climate change is fake, or they don't want to spend money, they hate change so they don't want their stupid lives to be different. They claim all babies must be born and children are so important but won't do a goddamn thing to ensure those kids have a planet to live on.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I doubt it. I mean now the Russians are invading their neighbours which will also cause worldwide repercussions. I'm so fucking glad I got that N from D. I can't deal with the headaches of this cruel, barbaric world anymore. Most people are too stupid too deal with. I feel more sad for the few good humans, the animals and the natural world. But I have little to no control over all those issues either. Detachment and then eventually death is the only way forward.

Reactions: Green Destiny and Rogue Proxy
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Fuck no this planet is doomed to total oblivion. Seeing how the human race has done a magnificent job completely fucking up and destroying the earth is quite the accomplishment. Just goes to show how much of a mistake the human race is. I genuinely hope we don't escape our fate and colonize Mars or some other planet to start the cycle of greed, hate and destruction all over again. The universe was fine before we came around and it will be better off when we go away for good.

Reactions: Sunset Limited, Lost Magic and Rogue Proxy
C

cocainenosejobs

A little lost but going home
Feb 21, 2022
I'm losing hope

• Hugs
Reactions: Green Destiny and Sunset Limited
GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
No and I'm glad our days are numbered.

Reactions: Sunset Limited and Rogue Proxy
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Just leaving my anecdote here; last Summer (May-September) it rained a monsoon and flooded my entire city every afternoon. I kind of got a rush from it, tbh. My backyard became a pond in a matter of minutes it rained so heavy those days. Power also went out last Summer too from a huge thunderstorm. I don't think it could rain any harsher than last Summer... I hope I'm not foreshadowing my demise here.

Reactions: WadeingThru
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Earth is 4.5 billion years old. Homo sapiens has been on the scene for only a few thousand years. Like the dinosaurs, we will die one day. A supervolcanic eruption, a giant meteor, an ice age, the collapse of the magnetic field... The planet will become uninhabitable in a few million years because of one of them. This planet cannot be saved.

Reactions: Green Destiny and Rogue Proxy
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Great to see so many opinions on my thread mainly saying the world can be saved, brings me back hope.

WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
Like my title says, do you believe that? In my opinion it's a no, the planet is irreplaceably damaged beyond repair, no Greta Thunderg, no protests, nothing! We are running out of water in some countries including mine who haven't seen rain for a year, it's all fun and games until the Forrest fires begin, last year 50 people died including children. They cut Amazon the size of football fields everyday. I'm happy I won't be here to see the future and the hell that will unleash upon earth. This post is not to scare anymore but to create awareness. If any of you still think this planet can be saved please I would love to hear from you and maybe change my perspective.
The Earth will be here long after we're gone. The better question is will it always support human life. The dinosaurs did not make the switch to EVs and look what happened to them. Somehow the Earth recovered and now we here now.
Earth is 4.5 billion years old. Homo sapiens has been on the scene for only a few thousand years. Like the dinosaurs, we will die one day. A supervolcanic eruption, a giant meteor, an ice age, the collapse of the magnetic field... The planet will become uninhabitable in a few million years because of one of them. This planet cannot be saved.
So the EVs won't change things? Good because I can't afford one.
Fuck no this planet is doomed to total oblivion. Seeing how the human race has done a magnificent job completely fucking up and destroying the earth is quite the accomplishment. Just goes to show how much of a mistake the human race is. I genuinely hope we don't escape our fate and colonize Mars or some other planet to start the cycle of greed, hate and destruction all over again. The universe was fine before we came around and it will be better off when we go away for good.
Who's side are you on? Have some faith. Maybe it won't happen in our life time.

Last edited:
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Nothing ever really goes away, it's always going to be in some state and there isn't a better or worse, that's all perspective or relative. There simply is what is

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Planet is fine. Humanity needs saving.

Reactions: Lost Magic, Green Destiny and Al Cappella
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Can we reverse the effects of climate change? Apparently there's still time. Will we? I don't think so. Given that consensus is nigh impossible, the profit motive too strong—it seems unlikely.

Reactions: Green Destiny and Kismet
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Can we reverse the effects of climate change? Apparently there's still time. Will we? I don't think so. Given that consensus is nigh impossible, the profit motive too strong—it seems unlikely.
I'm pretty ignorant to a lot of it but seems like as the climate changes, we just change right along with it. Adapt and keep on moving somehow or another. We're talking hundreds of years before we see anything so I can't say that I really truly care and I'm sure I'm not alone, which is likely part of the problem

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Climate Change will be of no longer concern if Nuclear Holocaust takes its place. Sad fucking world we live in.