• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
i sometimes feel like i should have committed suicide a long time ago. after every attempt, every time i have held on, worked hard, and had hope, my life has only gotten worse and the point that i dont deserve happiness only gets hammered in harder. the reason i say this is because truthfully, i dont think a lot of people on this forum should commit suicide. failing a drivers test, not getting into your dream school, or breaking up with someone are all difficult situations, but i believe, do not merit taking your life over. if youre relativity intelligent, conventionally attractive, socially competent, in good health, etc, i strongly believe that you should seek recovery.

for others though, as negative as this sounds, i believe recovery was never in the question to begin with. developmentally i have problems that no amount of therapy or medications can ever fix. ive tried to recover and better my situation my whole life, but at what point do you toss in the hat?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Harrow, cscott and 5 others
D

dead_milky

Sep 9, 2023
I think it's always worth a shot, though I know what you mean. I think an example is this woman I know through my family who's sister is schizophrenic in a way that really affected her to the point of not being able to do p much anything. To make her feel at ease and calm down at all, she's taking medication which makes her a zombie. That's a person who will never recover. Does that mean she should give up on life? Nom but she will never be okay.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Lostandlooking, ChronicallyCynical and 2 others
backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
I don't think that many people are unable to recover to be completely honest - it is the life around you that can really restrict that ability. I am also someone who cycles through recovery and planning to CBT often, I don't know how to fully commit to recovery and some of my issues have been neglected for so long it has completely disabled me now. I cannot let myself believe that it is these conditions that make recovery seem impossible - rather the lack of support/carers, patient-led therapy/peer support, proper medical care, housing, money, opportunities, etc. (but maybe I'm just blaming my pain on the world idk I haven't slept in a couple days)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ChronicallyCynical, allym101 and 1 other person
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
I understand what you're trying to say but I don't think it's up to anyone else to decide what's best for someone. Whether that's recovery or ctb. However I do believe ctb should be a last resort and not something done impulsively.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ChronicallyCynical and allym101
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
I understand what you're trying to say but I don't think it's up to anyone else to decide what's best for someone. Whether that's recovery or ctb. However I do believe ctb should be a last resort and not something done impulsively.
i am the last person to discourage someone from ctb, however when i see posts of people talking about small/normal life problems and then saying the recovery is impossible for them etc it does upset me. life can be shitty regardless of the hand youre given at birth but its upsetting when you actually have something that wont change with time, hard work, support, etc. you cant tell someone how to live their life i agree, but youre allowed to think that what someone is doing is silly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Praestat_Mori and heavyeyes
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, I believe that I can't recover because I wasn't meant to be in this world. It's hard to be here with adhd and other conditions. I don't see myself ever thriving or succeeding in life. I haven't attempted yet but I feel like I was meant to ctb a long time ago. I feel like I'm living on borrowed time and wasn't meant to live this long

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cepi, Praestat_Mori, heavyeyes and 2 others
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
I don't think everyone can recover. Some people are in really fucked situations, like extreme poverty or permanent disabilities that keeps their quality of life low no matter how much they can try to be okay. But I would never tell someone that they shouldn't recover if they were trying.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, heavyeyes and 1 other person
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I can't recover and will face homelessness some day, at that point I'm done. I'd never be able to get out of it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Praestat_Mori and allym101
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
In my opinion the only time it would be reasonable is if you're after an impossible suffering. Hell fire is the second worst that it can get and I'm confident most cases of suicide lead there (there are a few situations I dont think it's sin). I would have to explain a lot to convey why I know that but I'm not willing to preach for personal reasons. I can confirm this much though: I know there was a preexisting life and there is life after death. But seriously it's deeper than I first thought.
That's your option. Will you stop trying to scare people, especially in the recovery section?

Reactions: Hollowman
djangoicecream

djangoicecream

Sep 15, 2023
That's your option. Will you stop trying to scare people, especially in the recovery section?
I'm not trying to scare people dude, I know those things. Sometimes I try to kms anyway. Doesn't change the fact I know they're true, whether you believe or not they asked for our opinions and that one is mine.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I believe that some people can't recover but I also say that everyone should try to recover first and then decide what's the best way for them.

In my case the problem is failure in life (business/financial/success related). I can't recover (after many failed recovery attempts for years!!) bc a recovery in the way it would make me happy is impossible and wage-slaving is out of option. This won't make me happy either rather it's only stress for nothing.

If there was sth promising I'd give it a shot but I don't have hope that this is gonna happen.

• Love
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, heavyeyes and allym101
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm not trying to scare people dude, I know those things. Sometimes I try to kms anyway. Doesn't change the fact I know they're true, whether you believe or not they asked for our opinions and that one is mine.
I don't like being called dude.

Tell me, how do you know these things? Am I really talking to the almighty God here?

That would be great! I've got so many questions!

C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I think all things are possible, but not all things are accessible. So anyone can theoretically recover if given the things they need, but they won't necessarily get those things. Whether it be the basic necessities of life, friends, purpose, safety, the right medicine, community, etc. there are barriers to access outside of our control. Oftentimes we don't even know what we need in order to recover and attempting takes energy we often don't have. Again it's always possible and personally I think it's worth trying if that's something even a small part of you wants.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering