• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

do you believe that life is only a one time thing

• Yes i believe we only ever live once

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Yes I believe in more than one lifetime

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
from a completely scientific standpoint; At death your organs start to shut down, your last bowels are released, your heart and blood stop pumping and your brain has just a few minutes left as the activity slowly dies down (that is, if you die where the brain is left intact). Now some suggest that the light at the end of the tunnel and memories you see flashing before your eyes are the result of oxygen deprivation. Beyond that there is nothing. a nothingness you cannot feel, hear, taste or see. allthough most people are afraid to experience that, but how can you experience someting when you no longer exist?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I very strongly believe that once we die we just cease existing, death is simply the absence of everything where all is forgotten about. Eternal nothingness is all I want and is all that comforts me, all I wish for is the eternal absence of existence, the thought of being permanently unconscious is so beautiful to me.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis
Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Your brain has been destroyed, so there is nothing left to process 'you'. Your gone forever.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis
Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
The Conclusion on this question from near death experiences, astral projection and other observations has been dubbed "reincarnation soul trap" recently.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The exact individual made of the exact same atoms incl. our consciousness lives only once. Whether there is an afterlife or reincarnation it's all speculation.

Reactions: Darkover
Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
I believe death is the end. However, it is also comforting to imagine that maybe there is something more. That if we are not still "us" when we go, that we can still become something new with new chances and opportunities. Maybe a person, or an animal that goes on to live a happy life with no memory of our current life. Of course there's no evidence for or against that kind of thinking so it's nothing more than just comforting theories.

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Perhaps, but I wouldn't count on it.

CocoToxBase

CocoToxBase

Suffering
Jan 8, 2024
Oh, absolutely. I'm pretty sure we get multiple shots at this whole 'life' thing. How else do you explain people with inexplicable talents, like being able to remember where you left your keys but forgetting why you walked into a room? Or those who have a supernatural ability to always pick the slowest checkout line? Clearly, these are skills honed over many lifetimes. And let's not forget the ultimate proof of life after death: the mysterious disappearance of socks in the dryer. If that's not evidence of a parallel universe where all our lost items go, I don't know what is. So, yeah, I'm all in on the idea. It makes the mysteries of the universe, like why we crave pizza at 2 AM, all the more fascinating.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
One of my worst fears is getting reincarnated into a worse life and finding out that this life wasn't that bad after all
I believe we live multiple lifetimes. Frustrating.
Why do you think so?
Believe is irrational, we only know or not.
No one knows what happens after death though. Dead men tell no tales

Last edited:
I

Immensevoid

Sep 10, 2023
I really hope that there is only this life. I can't stand this existence anymore, I hope mine will end soon

Reactions: sserafim