Is painless and peaceful death real?

• Total voters
020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
I feel like euthanasia or nembutal or even sodium nitrite isn't peaceful. You maybe won't feel pain but will have either one the scary symptoms and sense of impending doom, which is just pure terror in front of you. Unless you're some fearless psychopath lol and don't care about all that. But I personally just don't believe death can be peaceful, maybe a gunshot in the brain well because you won't even realise you died because you'll die before realising that. But I feel like any death by drugs or poisoning can't be peaceful. Maybe it's just me.

Reactions: cscott, Homo erectus, RW__Asher23 and 2 others
J

josephk

Jun 19, 2023
Suicide for most people is gonna be scary & painful. If you're extremely lucky you die naturally in your sleep or of sudden causes where you know nothing about it. Every night I hope tonight is gonna be the night where I never wake up. I always do though

Reactions: grace.michaels.2 and Whyami
020x

020x

Jul 6, 2023
Suicide for most people is gonna be scary & painful. If you're extremely lucky you die naturally in your sleep or of sudden causes where you know nothing about it. Every night I hope tonight is gonna be the night where I never wake up. I always do though
I know dying in your sleep is the most lucky thing to happen for those who don't want to be in this world. But when you think about it, if you die in your sleep. You won't even know that you died or that you were gonna die that night. So it won't matter if it's peaceful. I personally would want to know that I'm gonna die in a few seconds because I did something that will make it happen or am about to do it instantly. That way you know that you fully accepted your decision and can prepare like a suicide note for loved ones or hug someone you will never see again, something that will fulfill your last moments before finally doing it. Knowing that you are gonna die is better imo than not. But it's different for everyone ig. Hopefully you'll feel better

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think it is, at least to me methods like Nembutal sound peaceful enough and those who can access that method are so fortunate to me, I would be so relieved if I had that option.

Reactions: Homo erectus
saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
I think it's possible since dying in your sleep means you'd be unaware and peaceful

So there's probably levels to that

as gruesome as this is I'm being serious when I say I've seen gun to the head be extremely quick, but even that your nerves might get a flash or you feel like you got hit before you die - people who get shot say it feels like you were punched before they feel it afaik

overdose sounds extremely nice to me, I've been on and off various substances for years and I think combining that with Nembutal would be the most peaceful way to go. I get sleepy and warm and nod off from the stuff and then die in sleep sounds like it could be nice, I'd basically know the end was coming a little bit before and could enjoy it. when I was rly addicted I'd pretend to die every time I did opiates, so I feel like it'd be similar and relieving

L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Writer Thomas Ligotti wrote "The best epithet is "He (she) never knew what hit them".
'.

020x

020x

Jul 6, 2023
I think it's possible since dying in your sleep means you'd be unaware and peaceful

So there's probably levels to that

as gruesome as this is I'm being serious when I say I've seen gun to the head be extremely quick, but even that your nerves might get a flash or you feel like you got hit before you die - people who get shot say it feels like you were punched before they feel it afaik

overdose sounds extremely nice to me, I've been on and off various substances for years and I think combining that with Nembutal would be the most peaceful way to go. I get sleepy and warm and nod off from the stuff and then die in sleep sounds like it could be nice, I'd basically know the end was coming a little bit before and could enjoy it. when I was rly addicted I'd pretend to die every time I did opiates, so I feel like it'd be similar and relieving
A successful gunshot, that will destroy your brainstem and their neurotransmitters in less than a a few millisecond is the only way you die instantly, without even realising it. The person you mentioned feeling like they got punched probably got his skull broken and it didn't hit the stem. Which is why only shooting your brain from your mouth is recommended.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Yes I think a painless and peaceful death is possible but only with N and morphine (and some other anesthetics) which are usually not easily available.

saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
A successful gunshot, that will destroy your brainstem and their neurotransmitters in less than a a few millisecond is the only way you die instantly, without even realising it. The person you mentioned feeling like they got punched probably got his skull broken and it didn't hit the stem. Which is why only shooting your brain from your mouth is recommended.
even then the statistics are only like 80% for a handgun if I remember correctly, but I'm sure shotgun or luck would get u there, I just don't mind knowing it's coming as long as it wouldn't be painful.

Nephis

Nephis

“Death should take me while I am in the mood.”
Sep 3, 2018
I believe in peaceful ends, not just because of the science; albeit it does help, I believe in peaceful ends because should we seek it, there is nothing that could possibly stop us from achieving it, because that peace is what we all seek, the relief of the shores.

~I hope for all of you, peace

jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
"idc I ain't a pussy"?? since when does not wishing for a painful death make you a pussy? it's not enough that existence is painful, I was forced to live an awfully painful life but I'd be a pussy for not wanting to suffer in death too ok

• Love
Reactions: saddestbunny
Nephis

Nephis

“Death should take me while I am in the mood.”
Sep 3, 2018
"idc I ain't a pussy"?? since when does not wishing for a painful death make you a pussy? it's not enough that existence is painful, I was forced to live an awfully painful life but I'd be a pussy for not wanting to suffer in death too ok

I'm sorry, I believe the intent is supposed to mean that "either way it makes no difference to me"

020x

020x

Jul 6, 2023
I'm sorry, I believe the intent is supposed to mean that "either way it makes no difference to me"
yeah i meant it like this but in a joking manner. im sorry if it sounded like that jazzcat 😭

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Mthod posbl peace, ser this Sci way if mthod fast body no posbl even sns even rct this peace, this exmp prv mthod peace exst, prblm ppl prolif awfl make hard get

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it can be. I think the frightening thing is- it seems to vary and it's not always because the person didn't prepare. Reports of SN seem to vary widely. A friend of mine said they saw an assisted suicide clip that they thought didn't look that peaceful. I guess all our bodies are unique- so maybe they all react differently. That said- natural death also varies greatly in how peaceful it is for people.

todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
No probably not, although I guess hand gun if carried out perfectly, or in your sleep although who could know, do people really die in their sleep? Or they wake up before dying.

I think prob only the recent submarine death, they were vaporised into small participles in one nano second or something, none of them would have known even what happened, absolutely no pain I imagine

Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
Yes but methods that lead to painless death are pretty much inaccessible.

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
I have absolutely zero doubt that death can be peaceful, even enjoyable; as long as you are ready to die.

SN is not a great way to go at all. However, heroin, fentanyl, morphine, they're amazing. You get euphoria and tranquility before unconsciousness washes over you. I mean as long as you don't want to live.

But sure. If you don't like the idea of ending your life then no death will be peaceful because you'll knowingly be doing something we're programmed mostly to avoid at any cost. Bt this doesn't apply to most people who are suicidal. They welcome death as an end to their suffering, so there is no apprehension.

I'd live to die with heroin. That would be absolutely ideal. Unfortunately it'll probably never happen. One way or another, knowing out fucking governments, its going to involve lots of suffering. Fuck the cunts

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, saddestbunny and liljeep
cosmic-joke

cosmic-joke

Pharmacology master
Oct 6, 2023
I feel like euthanasia or nembutal or even sodium nitrite isn't peaceful. You maybe won't feel pain but will have either one the scary symptoms and sense of impending doom, which is just pure terror in front of you. Unless you're some fearless psychopath lol and don't care about all that. But I personally just don't believe death can be peaceful, maybe a gunshot in the brain well because you won't even realise you died because you'll die before realising that. But I feel like any death by drugs or poisoning can't be peaceful. Maybe it's just me.
Yes I know it is you should check my thread I posted earlier 100% chance of death and completely peaceful and painless check it out I haven't made it up it's a variation of the ddmp2 euthinasia method

A

alterationitfinds

Sep 21, 2023
i honestly think that anything and every method has an element of pain in it
jumping: the brief time anticipating the landing
overdose of anything: playing an anxious waiting game of have i done this right or feeling the symptoms
hanging: the struggle as your body hopes to find air and triggers a life or death reaction in your nervous system

i think the fact that nothing is painless is a good thing, i think it provides a good momentary check that you are ready