bl00deater

bl00deater

The Bloodeater Hungers
Oct 7, 2024
I've been honestly been thinking really hard if theres a such thing as true love or soulmates, I don't think either are completely impossible but I also believe at the same time loving someone is a choice you have to make.

Like, I date whoever, just for fun, or the fact they have offered me stability and I like that.

I wake up everyday and choose to love everyone in my life in the romantic and platonic aspects. I really think it'd be endearing if there was truly one soulmate you have in your entire life, and you have to go through everyone to find them, that'd be the sweetest thing ever, I wanna know everyones opinions n thoughts on it cause it differs so much

• Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and mango-meridian
N7_Alliance_Marine

N7_Alliance_Marine

Sep 29, 2024
If it was real I wouldn't be on this fucking website.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Innereye and bl00deater
pyx

pyx

Mage
Jun 5, 2024
i'm not sure, honestly. on the one hand, i think that there are people more compatible with eachother, and their pairing will require contributions which amount to a net good, both for short-term gains and long-term stability. on the other, i wonder if the idea of soulmates is equally applicable to all. in the end, there are common expectations that need to be fulfilled with shared compatibility: there are those that may not be able to pool their resources toward a common goal. buying into true love probably eliminates a lot of people from qualifying for this sort of ordeal. just my two cents

• Love
Reactions: bl00deater
P

Privateer2368

Aug 18, 2024
Yes, absolutely.

I don't believe that it's limited to one person, though

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think it's something that definitely exists but it will never be attainable by me. To deny the existence of true love would be like saying billionaires don't exist. Just because I will never be able to get to experience this doesn't mean nobody can. I definitely don't deserve it either.

Innereye

Innereye

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
Each and every dynamic has qualities and differences and depending on where we're at in life which is ever-changing we slot into them differently.

star.trip

star.trip

Oct 6, 2024
Love always comes when you least expect it. If you start looking for it, it's worse. If you find it, it has come to you. Searching implies an intention in which you consciously look for what you think you need. But not always what you are looking for is what you need. On the other hand, if you find it, it is usually what you need, even if sometimes it takes you a while to realize it.
On the other hand, not everything is simple. I, for example, found him and we both felt the same, the problem was that we did not accept sexuality, fear and the situation never went along with it.
Life is very complicated and that's why you need another person to fight, but as long as you don't love yourself first. It doesn't work because how can you love someone when I don't even love myself. I hope I'm wrong but well for me it's too late.
Now the probability of finding a new love is zero. That's life, I guess I came to this world to experience hopelessness and loneliness.

kat6

kat6

Sep 25, 2024
Omg! TIL profile pics can move!

How did I learn? Well, there I was, laying in bed in the dark with my phone scrolling through the forums. Half asleep. All I saw was the movement lower in the screen (op's profile pic), my idiot ass automatically assumed it was a bug crossing my screen and I yeeted my phone (it fell on a chair with pillows thank fuck). I'm wide awake now and laughing my ass off.

Sorry to derail the thread. Please carry on. 😂💀

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think true love is helping somebody peacefully kill themselves despite the legal and emotional impact it'd cause to them. No other types of love can get close to this, not even romantic love

Reactions: Darkover
cicatrezESP

cicatrezESP

in the time of the sixth sun
Oct 6, 2024
it's definitely real, it's just rare and not easy to come by. i think a lot of people believe that it is the solution or a fix for bad feelings. i don't think this is the case, however... to find someone to share your soul with i think is truly beautiful. i just think both people have to be very open to it. it's also a lot of hard work. it's also probably very different per person. i think some people are not capable of love. some people aren't built for that.
i think some people find their love early in life and stay together forever while some people find their true love much later. i think some people just don't, though. it's not a guarantee. there are married couples for 20+ years where it isn't true love, but they've been through hardships together so there is a deep bond. but there is couples out there where it was true love from the start.
i also think people who are constantly searching for their "true love" will always have trouble finding that person because i don't believe it works like that.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
No unconditional love doesn't exist, Unfortunately, people are like animals because they get together and they're attracted to each other because of hormones and they start having babies without even thinking about it and then a year or two they don't even know each other and then they get a divorce and then the poor kids are from a broken home.