Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I honestly don't know anymore. After being betrayed and abandoned so many times it seems that love is a shallow emotion, easily overridden by other emotion/circumstances. I hope I'm wrong.

• Hugs
Reactions: PlaceCalledHome, pu3nt3s, demuic and 4 others
mlha

mlha

Ex falso quodlibet
Nov 7, 2021
I experienced a love at first sight which turned into a long term relationship and it was my first relationship so yes I do believe romantic love exists, but I don't think I'll experience it ever again, it was too perfect.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, OpheliasFlowers and 44nutz1977

44nutz1977

Oct 19, 2021
Oh hell yes. I've been in love. More than once.

As for truly wanting that love to stay.
To hold that vibe 24/7 with one person in an intimate relationship.. I am unable to do that. It seems most people can't remain together (as partners) without hurting each either.

So yes. Love is real.
Soft caring stroking and loving with another human being is very real to me too.
But everlasting love?
The 'together forever' let's get married kind of love? Nah. Not for me.

I like my own company too much to commit to that. Selfish? Yeh. Probably. But I have felt the hurt love can bring. I have seen myself hurt others consciously and unconsciously because of love.

Reactions: demuic
R

RazzleDazzle

The void stares back.
Sep 16, 2021
Romantic love possibly exists for other people. I don't think that it's something that exists for me, not in any real sense.

I wish that there was a non-gendered equivalent of "brotherly," but I think that brotherly love for one's fellow humans exists in a very real sense, and it's something that I've experienced.

cambrai33

cambrai33

Traveller
Nov 3, 2021
Yes absolutely I believe in love, what I can't accept is anyones love for me

Reactions: PlaceCalledHome
LonelyBrazilian

LonelyBrazilian

Just a boring guy.
Oct 21, 2021
love exists, just not for ugly and shy people like me

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, motyxia and Scribble Fan
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
Love is real for me but too many times I was in position when I gave more than other person. One and half year ago I met a girl. She was wonderfull and very kind to me. We talked a lot via Facebook and at my univesity I felt really connected emotionally and intellectualy with her. Once her boyfriend beat her up. It was severe. He was very abussive towards her as she said me later I had choice at that moment fully bonded with her and try to help her even If I knew that will completly emotionally drain me and I could become suicidal again or left her with this pain in her psyche and let her lost her mind and will to live in completly solitude . I helped. Talked to her month by month. Completly opened up about my past.Gave her all love that my tormented soul contained. I persuaded her to left him. Helped her with her PTSD by using all my psychological knowledge that I learnt to improve my own damaged psyche during years. She was completly anxious and emotionally numb so I convinced her to went to a therapy. Helped her with grades at university because her mind was completly broken with trauma. She is very smart and high intelligent by the way. After year of talking about evrything via Facebook during Covid I understood that I love her. She was afraid of new relationship but trusted me and gave me a chance. This was a true bliss for me. My life and social skills improved by 1000% since that moment. I wasn't anxious anymore I wanted live. I made many friends and become very open to people. She was my miracle and changed me completly. We met at cafe and talked about our lives, how many childrens we wanted to have etc. We understood each other very well connection was so strong between us she even told me in details what hell was her previous relationship and nearly cried. I thought that we are life bonded at that moment even if friendzone would occured I would be happy to just have her in my live. She told me during conversation that I have very good eyes , eyes are windows of a soul kind of thing. This was peak of joy in my entire life when I huged her after we left the cafe. Four weeks later she ghosted me. Completly disappeard from my life. She doesn't replay or give a sign of live to me. She just moved over me in her life and completly ghosted me without a goodbye even that I asked her at the begining of our relation to told me when she wanted that I should left her alone. I just needed a goodbye from her if she want leave me and not this painful silence. I'm exhausted ,love is my favorite kind of drug. Now I become suicidal again. I unleashed the demon of Death in my head by diving into her trauma to helped her. Love is beautifull but very painfull emotion for me because it never last long. Always end like fabulous lucid dream.

• Aww..
Reactions: Scribble Fan
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Any positive feeling or emotion is just a delusion, it will eventually lead to more pain. If you think you love something it is just something to lose. Life is just suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, yive and Scribble Fan
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I don't know anymore. It's all too crazy.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
cloudnone

cloudnone

So Scribble Me Out
Jan 14, 2020
Absolutely. You will know love when you feel it. There will be not a doubt in your mind.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I've never been in love and I don't think I've ever had a proper crush either. But I believe in love, and true love, and I love romance. I wish I could fall in love with someone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic and pu3nt3s
motyxia

motyxia

less than him
Oct 14, 2021
Yes but I don't believe everyone is loved (no matter what kind). & I don't believe everyone can love others (no matter what kind). 💜

Reactions: PlaceCalledHome and pu3nt3s
pu3nt3s

pu3nt3s

simply unlovable.
Nov 8, 2021
I used to think that I was a true romantic, I still think I might be but I slowly grew out of the whole true love is something forgiving and perfect, I thought true love would be the love that you see in movies but I couldn't be more wrong. Love is imperfect and it's flawed, but when the emotion is raw and there's a strong connection between these two minds and bodies, then maybe. I don't feel loved despite having people care about me, I'm not sure how I can feel loved at all.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and callme
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
"Do you believe in life after love?" - Get Cher's lyrics right, will ya?

To be serious now, no. I am an ince. I find love to be nothing more than ability to live together. The couple been together since high achool? Early predisposition to understanding another person, from an early age, so mental maturity.

They never attribute it to that anyway, see? The so-called love they experience, the feeling is just filling in the gaps of your date's personality with whatever nice qualities you want them to have. In other words, love is just nice dating.

If you don't mind (the least) washing the beer stains of your husband's tank top and he doesn't mind (the least) to take 5 hours off for shopping for some 30 ml tit-enchancing cream that costs $100 with you, that's a happy marriage.

Reactions: existtosuffer
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
Yes, I do think that love exist.
But in my opinion most people got it a little wrong: they want to be with a significant other so badly that they don't take their time to actually get to know the person (with all their flaws, opinions and quirks). Because it's more than physical attraction or a shared hobby...it's deeply caring for that specific person. They just have these rose-colored glasses on and think that a crush is already a soulmate and when that sensation wears off they will be disappointed and chase for the next "high".

• Love
Reactions: Scribble Fan, demuic, Panna and 2 others
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Of course I believe in it. To claim that it doesn't exist is either edgy nonsense or simply people that haven't experienced it, or aren't able to experience it, extending their lack of experience to apply to everyone. Love for me simply means caring deeply for someone else's well-being.

Reactions: demuic and mlha
callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
Of course it does. To claim otherwise is either edgy nonsense or simply people that haven't experienced it, or aren't able to experience it, extending their lack of experience to apply to everyone. Love for me simply means caring deeply for someone else's well-being.
Altruism is man-made.

Reactions: JinZhin
deflationary

deflationary

Mar 11, 2020
Altruism is man-made.
I don't know what that means? Nothing about man is man-made. We're evolution-made and circumstance-made.

JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
It depends
I do believe in friendship and kind of positive feeling that forms between people who go through things together, even if that may be truly based on benefits both sides get out of it, I long for kind of friends I'd go on adventures and conquer huge challenges with (that is why I love shounen manga ) and want to really believe in that kind of pure love, though it's possibly not viable.
I did make some "friends"
(kinda off topic but it just thought that in my native language, we have more words of expressing levels of friendship than in English, and as true friendship is not something you encounter often, the word "friend" is used a lot less in comparison -maybe I'm just bad at English or my brain is frozen)
I do feel like there is love for beautiful and admirable things people create, such as art, literature or works of science and ideas in general- but as Schoppenahuer would say- that is only escape from harsh reality of what life truly is (either boredom or pain)

When it comes to romantic love, that is probably just a evolutionary mechanism with goal of getting people to make stupid decision of sleeping with each other and procreating to bring more offspring into this world... I really hated being born even before I started going to preschool an that's why I despise it , even though I don't dislike depiction of it in fiction, books etc. It makes people crazy and that causes them to be creative but...yep.
I am mostly disgusted by it, even though I think I once kinda fell in love with someone I admired, truth is that I was extremely envious of that person, and wished I was them due to having an identity crisis at the time. I unironically spent almost two years getting over the fact that I feel a slave to such a low and unsightly infatuation ( not actually getting over someone-but the fact you even felt something for them, just how stupid is that..)

In the end, love very likely exists but it's something way uglier, more unpleasant and a lot different than what we first think of upon hearing that word, and after writing all of this I wonder if love is even something that makes sense having faith in.

Nah, not really. rant over

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
No matter what type of love it is.
To a point.
But love is not abuse.
Love is not hell raising.
Love just is.

If I could rewrite life.

Love is not hitting, screaming, physical injury, or threats.
Love is not gendered.

Love is time.
Love is not danger.

Love is support.
Love is learning and allowing someone to learn.
Love is education.
Love is activity.
Love is not isolation.

Love is not feeling like killing yourself because of bad families.

Love is not self harm.

Love is not escalation of behavior.

Love is simple.
Love is not a game.

Love is not aggression.

Love is not searching for or creating problems where there are none.

Love is not humor at the expense of someone's pain and misery.

Love is not destruction.

Love is not lying.

Lying to a person, about a person. Love is not a "competition."

Love is not embarrassing a person.

There's a difference between reality and fantasyland.

Love is not putting someone in danger every day. Every minute of every second of every day.

Some people (or kids) "live each day" like it's their last because they're terrified of their own existence.

They're afraid they will never have those life experiences or milestones because they are in danger or have always been in danger.

So they might cross those milestones "fast."

Then they realized they "accidentally" lived too long.

Last edited:
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
I believe in a thing called love. Just listen to the rhythm of my heart.

callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
I don't know what that means? Nothing about man is man-made. We're evolution-made and circumstance-made.
Yes it is. Just two things, but that's because I am slow - rights of any kind and altruism. We made them up, probably for an equal playing field.

deflationary

deflationary

Mar 11, 2020
Yes it is. Just two things, but that's because I am slow - rights of any kind and altruism. We made them up, probably for an equal playing field.
I meant in terms of emotions and faculties. I agree on rights, they're a human invention. But altruism is an emotion and a practice resulting from a certain kind of emotion. Nothing at all made up about it.

Altruism comes from valuing someone else's well-being and your own well-being being tied to theirs. If you think that's impossible then I'd like to know why. It's a pretty ridiculous claim. Human beings aren't simple subjective pleasure-maximizers. They can care about others even if it's detrimental to themselves. You've come up with an overly simplistic way of seeing the world to make sense of it.

I guess you think that because it's always ultimately *our* feelings that motivate us to act, then altruism can't be real. I think that's just a silly use of the word altruism. That only our emotions can be the proximate cause of our actions is an inevitable fact. But if our emotions are based on someone else's emotions, that's where altruism comes in. If you feel like shit because of someone else's suffering and that motivates you to act to alleviate their suffering, that's altruism. Yes, it was your feeling like shit that was the proximate cause of your actions, but that you felt like shit at all is where altruism resides.

I can give you a simple example from my own life. Pretty much the only reason I stay alive is because I don't want to traumatize a loved one of mine. How is this not altruistic? What am I gaining from living a life that I don't enjoy?

Reactions: demuic and motel rooms
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
Talkin' about romantic love, I believe in my love, the love I feel, but I have serious doubts about someone loving me back the same way.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ethereal Knight
S

seaweaves

they/them
Oct 25, 2021
I didn't always recognize love in the moments when I had it, but I sure recognized it once it left.

Sometimes love shows up like 'health' for me — something recognized and felt most by its loss or absence; something that can disappear into the backdrop because of how easy and normal it all feels when it is held, when everything fits together just right.

deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
Even if you do, society and the media will bombard you with fear, agression, competition, struggle and many more low vibration feeling so you can forget wth love is or how to apply it.

So yeah, i dont know anymore...

xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I believe in love, and unconditional love as in the kind of love I have for my dogs and family. I don't believe in the whole 'one and only' or finding your 'one true love' kinda thing