Zoya

Zoya

Emotional pain is stronger than physical pain.
May 30, 2020
No matter what type of love it is.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, damned and oneess
oneess

oneess

Die in my sleep
May 5, 2019
Everytime I had a romantic relationship and an SO, it was a codependent relationship.

So I can't say I know what love is, or if I ever felt it, but I can say, 100%, I had a special feeling, maybe it's love.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay, Final Escape and Zoya
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Yes!

• Hugs
Reactions: terry_a_davis and Sensei
Lydia

Lydia

Oct 27, 2018
I believe you can love many people in different ways.
Friendship love, for example, can be very significant, I think you can love and care for a lot of people.

But being in love with someone romantically, at this current point in my life I'm not sure if I believe in it.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Journeytoletgo, stygal and 3 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I want to believe...

Reactions: Beeper, Zoya and Lydia
I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
I believe I was in love with my ex and I believe that he loved me. He looked at me in a way nobody else ever has. when he held my hand I felt warm inside and safe and home.

But depression and ptsd still managed to grip me and was a wedge between us that was too much for him. I haven't loved anyone since and I don't believe it's possible for me again.

I loved my dogs too and I believe they loved me. People say that animals don't feel like humans but I disagree.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, LittleJem and WinterFaust
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
I guess i don't really bealive in love anymore ,even tho i get butterflies in my stomach for people i like ,it don't matter no more ,not like people gonna ever like me in any way :/ i usetoo have a boyfriend when i was in 12th grade ,he was my first and it ended up being horrible.. he was extremely mean towards me even tho he's special needs too ,he made up weird rules saying that if i spoke to a guy for more than 10 minutes then it's considered cheating he would cuss me and so on - he made me feel not a part of anything during the holidays since it's for Jewish and i guess im not . He kept calling me his Christian girlfriend when really i actually HAD NO religion and that's what i was thought that if i ever wanna convert to whatever then im more than welcome. Him and my daddy never got along well at all. I was left there in the middle while my ex is on the phone to me and my daddy shouting at him while i have the phone and my ex was like "what did he say what did he say ??" And school was no better either so my mental health went even more down.. from a quite person to really depressed and suicidal, that year was the worst.. that's when i was drawn in to killing myself ,i would try to choke myself with a bicycle helmet to putting bags on my head.. alot of times, i was also trying to cut myself with a plastic knife or a ruler ,first time was caught by my mammy an she said you stupid girl while i was left crying.. the next year i guess wasn't too bad.. my ex was gone and i had a really good friend from my class (we were only 5 ,and i was the only girl ) but eventually they took him away from me ,telling him and i quote "they said that if you keep being like that (i.e. depressed and whatever ) than i can't be around you" like are you for real ??? And not just that there's more but im not gonna write everything . Moving on the year after ,first year of my national service - the year where i really started to self harm real bad but not bad that i gotta go hospital ,mammy ended up finding out.. it was all over my thighs.. she was in shock. Later that day she asked me if i was doing it for attention.. it wasn't for attention at all :( but i think she eventually came around to understanding a bit more and such. The year after was my second year - that year i tried to ctb with pills and i do have to say that it was from that suicide faq that i got from ashes and so on. Failed anyway , panicked. I don't know why. It feels to me that everytime i like someone and they like me but not in that way i feel like i just break down eventually knowing that the person is going to leave. So yes ,I've lost hope in humanity too. I can't see why i should stay if all im going to do is waste people's valuable time :( and sorry for my long reply it oks if you don't want to read it too

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Journeytoletgo, MeltedJello and 3 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I believe in love as something that makes happiness by getting brain chemicals. I don't believe in the love nonsense that leads to reproduction. (e.g. I love that person, and I get better with them, not I love that person and want to reproduce with them)

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Zoya
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Sure, I believe that many cultures have felt the need to come up with a concept called 'love' for a cluster of feelings, attitudes, behaviours and so on. Some, like ours, have only one word for different types of the same general cluster, some have several different words.

The feeling of love (at least of other human beings) can be explained as an evolved motivating mechanism that makes you take care of (invest energy and ressources into) other humans who are useful to your continued survival and/ or reproduction; or rather, to be precise, it is how this motivation feels.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, LittleJem, Lydia and 2 others
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I want to believe in love, but I have BPD so it's very difficult to grasp the concept of it.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and _Minsk
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
No matter what type of love it is.
Half a year ago I would've said no, but now I can say yes. If life doesn't give me love, the least I can do is at least make someone else feel loved, so they don't have to be as miserable as me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Beeper, Sensei, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Una

Una

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Feb 28, 2020
"To love is good, too: love being difficult. For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation."
( Rainer Maria Rilke )

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay, OpheliasFlowers, WinterFaust and 2 others
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
i do think that love is real but only attractive people actually get to experience it, hence why it cannot be mine.

Reactions: Circles, Journeytoletgo, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
Love is for other people. There is no love for me.
I feel the same. In reference to your profile picture..."Love is natural and real, but not for such as you and I."

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay, OpheliasFlowers, pu3nt3s and 6 others
Zoya

Zoya

Emotional pain is stronger than physical pain.
May 30, 2020
i do think that love is real but only attractive people actually get to experience it, hence why it cannot be mine.
You know I think it belongs to those who know how to see the inner beauty

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Absolutely, but I think true love is extremely rare.

• Love
Reactions: waterstrider, pu3nt3s, demuic and 3 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020

This isn't true and makes me sad to see it. True love is in your soul for another's soul, whatever is on the outside

• Hugs
Reactions: Zoya and Sensei
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
Imgs touch 1

"Well, love is really just a drug to ease the fear and uneasiness of loneliness. But that fear will be waiting for you once the drug wears off. In the end, there's really no difference from living alone."

Yuichi Onodera.

• Love
Reactions: JinZhin, pu3nt3s, FranCanSee and 2 others
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
This isn't true and makes me sad to see it. True love is in your soul for another's soul, whatever is on the outside
if you aren't good looking no one is gonna give a fuck about who you are on the inside, (especially if you're a guy). first you have to be goodlooking, then maybe someone will appreciate your soul. but if you aren't goodlooking no one will care about your soul, just the facts.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Zoya
Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
Yes, I don't think I could experience romantic love. But I believe in it for others, I've avoided relationships so my view of it wouldn't become bitter because of failed relationships.
I strongly believe my best friend and I love each other. Like if there was a platonic marriage for friends we'd have it. When it comes to family, I'm not so sure whether it's truly love or just attachment, control, and the fact that we're condition to keep giving them chances even if they hurt us the worse.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Zoya and Sensei
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
It depends how it is defined. I suppose not in the common sense. I think there are a lot of other things connected to "love" that are easier to believe in, besides "love" itself.

Reactions: Skathon, Zoya and _Minsk
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I found that one true love. Its beautiful and painfull. Also reason why i want to die.

My husband cared for me in nicest possible way. Never lied cheated or hurt me in any way. I was suicidal when we met and he patched me up, never made me feel bad about my thoughts,never forced doctors or pills, hed just hug me and tell me he will help me get through it, and he did successfully every time. He was always with me never separated and i loved it.
This april he passed away from nasty infection caused heart attacks. 3 days before it he wanted us to double suicide because he didnt want to leave me alone in here and instead of accepting i wanted us to live, ironically. I didnt know it was this bad.

There can be true and beautiful real love. We had it. Its usually very short lasting tho with nobody to testify about it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: PlaceCalledHome, art, OpheliasFlowers and 8 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Yeah, I love my family and my dog. As for romantic love it seems I'm always feeling unrequited love and those that love me I don't love.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Yes, but I don't think I'm made for that.

Reactions: WOODESITY, _Minsk, Skathon and 1 other person
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
I have a few people I know who seem to be in a genuine loving relationship but I've never really experienced it myself. I don't think I have any positive traits to be worth loving.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WOODESITY, LonelyBrazilian and 2 others