natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
I personally don't. But I'm interested in knowing what people on SS think about it. Have you ever witnessed someone pay for their wrongdoings, or someone get rewarded for their good deeds?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kismet, onlyanimalsaregood and T90-Alpha
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
If anything, karma seems to work the opposite way. But no, I don't believe in it.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Finding Sirius, Celerity and 7 others
author

author

they/them
Jul 13, 2021
No, I wish it was real, but if Karma existed and something would supposedly reward me for selfless good deeds then I wouldn't be in the hell I'm in.

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Kismet and natali4
Velvet Fortress

Velvet Fortress

Dec 13, 2021
I'm nitpicking here but the new age movement kind of butchered what the word karma really means

That being said, I don't think there is any kind of justice being enforced by a spiritual force. The hell we're in is all man-made. So are the occasional deeds of righteousness. If there was such a thing, that karma god would seriously need to put down the bottle

Reactions: author and natali4
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Maybe not the official definition, but I believe we reap what we sow.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Kismet, natali4 and 1 other person
T90-Alpha

T90-Alpha

Hopeless
Apr 21, 2022
it seems like only us mere mortals face "Karma"
while the (elites) that control us don't get any repercussions for the shit they do to us.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Kismet and natali4
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I don't really, no. That said, there is cause and effect. If you're an asshole, then you're likely to be treated similarly, or avoided altogether…

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, onlyanimalsaregood, Kismet and 1 other person
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
No. I think that it's a nice idea, but karma doesn't really exist. Good people often get taken advantage of and not rewarded for their good deeds. Then there are bad people who do terrible things to other people, and they get away with it and never have to face any consequences for their actions.

• Informative
Reactions: Finding Sirius, Skathon, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 7 others
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
No karma, only survival and competition. It would be nice if people got what they deserved. Both good and bad people.

Reactions: Lost Magic, Skathon, Élégie and 2 others
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Yes, sort of. You get back what you put in. If you tell someone they are an idiot, they probably going to say something back at you a little bit worse. Idk if that's karma it just that saying what goes around comes around

Reactions: natali4
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Unfortunately not because if there were karma the world would be fair. All people would get what they deserved, whether good or bad. That's why I wish there was karma.

Reactions: Skathon
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Maybe we aren't able to see it far enough in our past lives to know why we're in a particular situation. In that regard, it's hard to give a definite answer but I do believe in karma, it is just slow and I don't think we get what we deserve to the full extent if you consider that good or bad.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
Have you ever witnessed someone pay for their wrongdoings, or someone get rewarded for their good deeds?
I am not a buddhist nor was I ever one but from what I read online that isnt how karma works. Karma is similar to heaven and hell but with reincarnation instead of eternal life/torture. Basically if you're a bad person, karma only affects you in your next life so if you're a greedy rich person who hates the poor right now you'll be reborn as a poor person, it seems to me to be just an excuse by buddhists to explain why some people have it worse than others "Oh he/she must've been a bad person"

Reactions: Lostandlooking and natali4
natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
I am not a buddhist nor was I ever one but from what I read online that isnt how karma works. Karma is similar to heaven and hell but with reincarnation instead of eternal life/torture. Basically if you're a bad person, karma only affects you in your next life so if you're a greedy rich person who hates the poor right now you'll be reborn as a poor person, it seems to me to be just an excuse by buddhists to explain why some people have it worse than others "Oh he/she must've been a bad person"
That does sound like an excuse. Since there is no proof of reincarnation, it is easy to blame one's suffering on their past life instead of holding people accountable for their actions.

Reactions: Skathon, GrumpyFrog and Alex6216
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I do not believe that karma exists, everything is determined by luck and chance in this life, it is all very unfair. I do not believe in any next lifes, or religions, life is just meaningless suffering, many people suffer so much through no fault of their own.

Reactions: Superdeterminist, Skathon, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
myfinalform

myfinalform

Oct 12, 2022
i believe for sure, from experiences in love (that i never had but always said no to it), i got my karma for sure

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I personally don't. But I'm interested in knowing what people on SS think about it. Have you ever witnessed someone pay for their wrongdoings, or someone get rewarded for their good deeds?
Now days it seems like the greater a thief, cheat, and liar you are the better you have it.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Nope.
It's all random.

That being said, I find that if you are kind to people, the odds of them being kind to you are higher. There's no great cosmic mystery to it. Just decent behaviour back and forth.

BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
No, and I'm extremely glad there isn't. Birth is a complete gamble on whether you are born with the mind and body of a good person or a terrible person. The only thing separating me from receiving "bad karma" is the fact that I wasn't born as someone else. Having to witness suffering because people's consciousness is bound to terrible people who get unnecessarily punished, while the vast majority of people support the punishment is a huge part of why I've half-heartedly tried to ctb. I can't stand to watch it. Seems even here you can't escape that mindset, and with emotion and religion in the mix I doubt that the dogma that people "deserve" anything will come to an end within my lifetime.

Reactions: Superdeterminist
A

anyoneshorizon

Jun 8, 2022
Yeah but more like reincarnation karma.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
If anything, karma seems to work the opposite way. But no, I don't believe in it.
This. Since there is no afterlife, being a selfish asshole ostensibly offers the most rewarding path. Just look at who is at the top of the hierarchy in societies around the world. You will not find the kind, honest, and self-sacrificing people there.

That said, there is truth to some related proverbs in my mind - "live by the sword; die by the sword" and "there's always a bigger fish". If you are a selfish asshole, you have to be slick enough not to provoke the wrath of the wrong person.

A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
No because he got away with it all these years later and is thriving in it. Plus and he never stops creating new number stop remind me to kill myself

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
No. Superstitious crap with no solid evidential backing.

Reactions: Celerity and Skathon
BlackWednesday

BlackWednesday

Student
Oct 18, 2022
Of course not. Think of the all child abusers, animal abusers, wife beaters and groomers who are living as multi-millionare celebrities. I'm sure you could also think of some genuinely good people who slave away at some shitty job and can barely make ends meet. There's no such thing as fairness

Reactions: Skathon, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Celerity
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
No, I don't believe it exists. It's a Hinduism belief system which I think is total BS. I mean was it bad karma that put all those sick children in cancer wards? Was it bad karma that caused civilians to be caught up in wars, natural disasters, acts of terrorism etc...? Don't get me wrong, good deeds should be recognised and bad deeds should be punished but karma has fuck all to do with it. At least that's how I see it. It's all random. This world is built on chaos.

Reactions: Skathon