• Yes

• No

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daft-Bear

Daft-Bear

Unbearable
Jun 27, 2023
Not sure if anyone has made a poll on this yet so I figured I'd post it.

If you have another theory or need to clarify your response, please leave a comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, 90starve and The anhedonic one
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I'm an agnostic. Meaning I don't know if god exists or not .
There are fundamental questions that science still has not answered which leaves room for a conscious entity between the birth of everything and today .
Like-
What's beyond the observable universe ?
How did the big bang happen ?
What is consciousness and does free will exist ?
What is the fate of the universe ?

Not having answers also doesn't mean that god automatically exists . It just means we don't know .

• Love
Reactions: Hennessy, woh6, Praestat_Mori and 6 others
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Absolutely not.
Yet, if there is a god, then it is obviously evil.
This entire world is nothing but a predatory system, and there is far more suffering than pleasure.
The sooner I put myself out of my misery the better.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Skathon, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!"

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, FormerlyFe(IV), Forever Sleep and 3 others
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
It's sad cause people abused religion for their own goals, but the purpose of it was to bring peace and not fear death. Wether god is a being in the sky, or a floating brain or hell, even a spaghetti monster, they are a being that accepts everyone and loves them.

I personally think god is a kind loving mother, waiting to comfort the children that return home

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, deadliftEnjoyer, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
I do and I try to live according to the teachings of Christ. Hopefully He will greet most of us when we pass on!

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, deadliftEnjoyer and Praestat_Mori
socio

socio

flirting with death.
Jun 11, 2023
I really don't understand the concept of religion. I'd say I'm agnostic I guess? But there are constant questions floating in my mind; such as..

If the universe has had to be created by someone or something (aka: a Divine) then who created the Divine in the first place? Did He just appear out of nowhere? Why couldn't the universe appear out of nowhere then? Or is it different?

Reactions: The anhedonic one and Praestat_Mori
G

goodnight cat

Jun 23, 2023
I think religion is just a man made concept to control mankind

Reactions: counting-out-time, Skathon, The anhedonic one and 2 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I think religion is just a man made concept to control mankind
Agree . There is no god no afterlife no reincarnation.
Many secular and religious ideologies made up by humans to control others

Humans have an unlimited capacity to invent fictional stories and to lie . Look all the fictional worlds in Lord of the rings, marvel , star wars , millions of novels . The only difference between novels and religious tales is they admit these novels are fiction.

There is no experimental evidence for a god , afterlife, reincarnation , parallel universes nothing . Only wild theories and fictional tales .

For example there is not even one piece of experimental evidence for a ghost, god , afterlife, reincarnation, any other universes etc.

There are thousands of books of evidence for evolution, that consciousness is generated solely by the brain, for cell theory of life etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, The anhedonic one, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If there was a god who is almighty all forgiving all merciful he would have adhearded my wish to die while I'm asleep years ago already and fulfiled that!!!

There is no god anywhere and if there is he gives a shit about that "blue spot" called earth by humanity in the vastness of the whole universe.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one
E

Emma.D

Jun 30, 2023
I'm an agnostic. Meaning I don't know if god exists or not .
There are fundamental questions that science still has not answered which leaves room for a conscious entity between the birth of everything and today .
Like-
What's beyond the observable universe ?
How did the big bang happen ?
What is consciousness and does free will exist ?
What is the fate of the universe ?

Not having answers also doesn't mean that god automatically exists . It just means we don't know .
This is exactly how I feel too.

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain
G

goodnight cat

Jun 23, 2023
Agree . There is no god no afterlife no reincarnation.
Many secular and religious ideologies made up by humans to control others
Exactly, only 'good' thing about it is giving people a feeling of hope, but most of it is just bs

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, pthnrdnojvsc and The anhedonic one
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
it's obvious there's no god i mean you really think they would just sit and watch why this all happening

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and The anhedonic one
Miserious

Miserious

Jul 2, 2023
Not sure if anyone has made a poll on this yet so I figured I'd post it.

If you have another theory or need to clarify your response, please leave a comment.
Hi, I don't know if what I believe has a term, but
I believe that any deity out there that has been worshipped exists, or existed, and even maybe outside of our dimension/universe is real in some way shape or form, along with many other fictional things

If it exists in fiction, it exists elsewhere either in this universe or another.

I know it sounds silly, but when you're into the multiversal theory/quantum physics as much as me it would hopefully make sense, haha
I believe that any deity out there that has been worshipped exists, or existed, and even maybe outside of our dimension/universe is real in some way shape or form, along with many other fictional things

If it exists in fiction, it exists elsewhere either in this universe or another.

I know it sounds silly, but when you're into the multiversal theory/quantum physics as much as me it would hopefully make sense, haha
I don't believe we can remember "past lives" in these other universes though, because that would be too much for our minds to process anyway and we'd be insane/just die from the information

Maybe subconsciously, but the tiktokers who say they're fairies in past lives and stuff I don't understand haha but thats just me

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MeltingBrain and Daft-Bear
Daft-Bear

Daft-Bear

Unbearable
Jun 27, 2023

I don't believe we can remember "past lives" in these other universes though, because that would be too much for our minds to process anyway and we'd be insane/just die from the information

Maybe subconsciously, but the tiktokers who say they're fairies in past lives and stuff I don't understand haha but thats just me
To add to this, as horrifying as this might be, there is also the potential for time looping in quantum physics.

Imagine doing this all over again, perpetually.

Reactions: Miserious and The anhedonic one
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023

So I do the job of worshiping my wildest fantasies but my clone gets to live them out. That's not the kind of physics I support .

• Wow
Reactions: Skathon and Daft-Bear
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Don't believe in anything, not even in God, look for what's absolutely True.

Start from a point of "not-knowing", not agnosticism, but actually throwing out all your ideas and assumptions about what reality is.

This will open your mind up to the possibility of discovering what's absolutely True about the universe.

About the "God-question" specifically, here's an amazing audiobook so profound that it'll totally change your life:

The author directly channels God in a series of detailed dialogues explaining the entire structure, function, and purpose of human life, dispelling many orthodox religious myths about God, morality, politics, and sex. 😉

This whole 3 part series definitely counts as one of my top favorite books of all time. It's just utterly pure and truthful!!! 🤍🌸🙏✨

Reactions: goodnight cat
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I think that anything related to religion is a fictional concept which is used to brainwash people. Existence is just senseless cruelty and endless suffering all with no deeper purpose or reason behind it, I just see existence as being a horrific mistake.

Reactions: Skathon, Miserious, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I lean more towards atheism but I'm not entirely sure.

Miserious

Miserious

Jul 2, 2023
So I do the job of worshiping my wildest fantasies but my clone gets to live them out. That's not the kind of physics I support .
Lol, its your choice to worship. Personally I don't believe any higher being cares about being idolized as long as whoever follows under them is a good person. And its not 'clones', its more like alternative consciousnesses/species altogether depending on things. The closest things to clones is probably timelines where decisions you make branch off into different scenarios. Even then, they aren't living out your wildest fantasies. I just believe everything can and will exist either with time or somewhere else entirely that we can't comprehend. I hope you have a wonderful day mate 💙
To add to this, as horrifying as this might be, there is also the potential for time looping in quantum physics.

Imagine doing this all over again, perpetually.
Oh yeah, thats terrifying lol, but its very possible. Also really weird to think about since most people conceptualize time as being in a straight line

Reactions: MeltingBrain
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I wish. It would be comforting to know there is a god and an afterlife. Sadly, I simply cannot.

I have a friend, a witch, that follows a similar line of thought. She says that religions, of all forms, manifest energy, but in different forms.
She refers to this concept as "different egregores": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore
I think the Wikipedia in Portuguese reflects better her thoughts, if you're interested.

Note: I'm not a witch and I don't fully understand her position. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miserious
mazzy

mazzy

Evil cannot be undone
Jun 30, 2023
I was raised to believe in Christianity, I used to pray every night with my parents before I went to bed, went to church every Sunday, attended youth group every Thursday, had Bible verses memorized and even went to a Christian private school. They taught me to believe that God is always listening and watching so I would talk to him constantly. As I got older I kinda started to think it's all bullshit. So no I don't believe in god, but sometimes I still find myself talking to him and praying to him?? Just can't brake the habit

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
my opinion on this is that religion was just something that was man made to keep people busy before we had technology, but none of it makes sense. the virgin mary got up the duff so was she a lesbian and used a turkey baster? and who is this so called god? jesus or god, but jesus is god so there are two?

and its incest cause if adam and eve was created then both their children when grown up would of you know, had to pro-create which is sick, then of course jesus could turn water into wine, why not turn water into Pepsi or prime? sounds like he was a alcoholic anyway! buuuuuuuuuuuuut then what is also confusing is that humans didn't evolve for thousands of year and then there was the ice age where it wiped out all species of humanity so what do we believe any more, i think life is just torture that is created for anything living as we are all just slaves to society.
and its also mentioned that god is watching you all the time so basiclly im being spied on if i need to take a crap.

nezu.061

nezu.061

built for blame, laced with shame
Jul 16, 2023
i kind of haven't decided if i really believe in god or not. i could believe that there's a god up there if i wanted to, but i just choose not to think about it. i do know that i'd rather not have some kind of religion pushed onto me, especially with the way my family does it. they're not pushy about it, but it's just that my mother believes that all of us should and do believe in god, even if i've explicitly stated i don't. she talks about the importance of prayer in hardship and that 'god will protect you' if you do. she thinks it's bad if i don't pray. (i don't.)

not totally certain on god's existence, but i'm fine with all that believe or don't.

Reactions: Daft-Bear