Do you believe in a "God"?

• Total voters
Kusogaki

Kusogaki

🎧
Mar 22, 2023
I personally do not and never will. What do you believe?

Reactions: Nothing87, ijustwishtodie, etherealspring and 2 others
mrnamoshi

mrnamoshi

Mar 29, 2024
Yes, an evil god.

Reactions: Kusogaki
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Nope.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Kusogaki
T

trist_

Jul 15, 2024
I don't want to. But it's hard to get rid of decades worth of indoctrination. God is one of the biggest barrier, preventing me from cbt.

Reactions: hawkshorizon
Kusogaki

Kusogaki

🎧
Mar 22, 2023
Trauma from your childhood?
I don't want to. But it's hard to get rid of decades worth of indoctrination. God is one of the biggest barrier, preventing me from cbt.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'll never believe in a god, a soul, afterlife, reincarnation, universe = computer simulation, magic , ghosts , anything supernatural ever.

all of that is very incompatible with my understanding of what reality is and what this universe and a human is

Reactions: Talvikki, mlha, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
T

trist_

Jul 15, 2024
Trauma from your childhood?
Not a trauma. But the punishment for those who took their own lives. Despite I have distanced myself away from religion for years, it just won't get out no matter what.

SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
I live as if there is no god but can't confidently claim that no form of 'god' or 'gods' exists. That sort of thing would require heavy amounts of studying and contemplation that I don't have the will or drive for.
Not a trauma. But the punishment for those who took their own lives. Despite I have distanced myself away from religion for years, it just won't get out no matter what.
I've found myself sometimes feeling fear of possibly ending up in hell. Not sure if this would help you but I've found myself being able to relinquish most of that fear by establishing the belief that I'd rather be in hell than in heaven.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabitsuki and Kusogaki
drag201

drag201

Oct 15, 2023
Yes, I'm Christian and it's hard to stay faithful and struggle with ideation at the same time. But I have never given up my faith ever since, no matter how hard it's been. I understand how someone might think otherwise. This world is very cruel.

Reactions: iset res, divinemistress36 and Maravillosa
Boundless

Boundless

Aug 3, 2024
I can't confirm or deny the existence of a God. After researching most religions created by humans throughout history, I have come to a few conclusions:

- Every religion is born out of fear, primarily stemming from the unknown and unanswered questions we face. The underlying concept of every religion hints at infinity. Religions are created to address the fear of infinity (the unknown).
- The concept of infinity is the most feared, misunderstood, and complex concept known to humankind throughout our history.
- The true definition of infinity is not the mathematical one of endless numbers; rather, it encompasses boundless possibilities. "Boundless" should be understood as truly limitless: every conceivable and inconceivable possibility, everywhere, all at once, none at the same time, yesterday, in 10 billion years, etc.
- Humans can't grasp true infinity, so we conceptualize it using the word "God" or "the Tao" in Asian religions.
- The most fundamental sciences do not have answers for infinity. Integrate infinity into any science, and it will fall apart (Gödel's incompleteness theorems, the addition of C to the ZF framework of math, the infinities in general relativity and quantum theory, fractals, phi, golden ratios, astronomy, philosophy, etc.).

After years in various scientific fields, achieving things many people dream of, I realized it is all a mask. Ask any respected scientist or Nobel Prize winner about infinity and its implications on their field, and you will find nearly all paradoxes in existence. These scientists will either be overly defensive or admit the true implications of the concept.

—
So back to my answer: I truly believe infinity is at the heart of everything. Infinity doesn't differentiate between truth and falsehood. Therefore, I will neither deny nor confirm the existence of a God; it does not matter. All is the same. Every possibility will and won't exist forever and never.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, mlha, divinemistress36 and 2 others
Sabitsuki

Sabitsuki

Rusting away...
Jul 29, 2024
Not in the sense of some invisible entity with overly specific rules and human-like desires, absolutely not. I do like to think that everything in nature is connected in some way.

Reactions: Kusogaki and Boundless
sos

sos

Experienced
Jul 22, 2024
i believe in the 'catch the bus god'

thou shall catch the bus
thou shall no longer live this miserable life
thou shall be happy in the afterlife

ill be going door to door to talk about the ctb god soon, you can expect me anytime soon

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Kusogaki
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
It's possible there's some kind of deity. Unfortunately, an all loving god could never explain the immense suffering experienced on a daily basis, so that idea should be dismissed immediately.

VeryShy

VeryShy

Disabled due to severe autism, and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
I'm an Orthodox Christian (in a very unconventional way), so yeah, I do believe that God exists in some kind and form.

smaragdyne

smaragdyne

Jul 21, 2024
I believe there is an unknowable God above everything but we are trapped in a lesser, evil, jealous god's universe, for his amusement (or something).

Reactions: divinemistress36
landslide2

landslide2

Experienced
May 6, 2024
I do not, and believe all religions were created by humans, largely driven/controlled by males also. And also in a time with little understanding of biology, chemistry, psychology, physics, etc... I can only imagine how much superstition existed when religions were first created. Galileo was on trial for heresy, remember that the church believed the earth was the center of the universe.

Sunisrealb

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Forever Sleep, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Rain is the only higher power I believe in.

Reactions: divinemistress36, landslide2 and ToMoveOn
hawkshorizon

hawkshorizon

Aug 23, 2023
It's a big barrier for me as well. I was raised in a religiously Orthodox household and was taught the CTB is an abomination and anathema to God. Trying to work through that is tough.

Reactions: landslide2
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Hell fck no. If I am wrong and there is a God, I challenge him to show his ugly fcking face. I would spit in it. I bet you he looks like goofy assed John C. Reily. A devil version of John C. Reily.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Kusogaki, divinemistress36, ToMoveOn and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, anything like that is completely fictional to me personally, I see existence as being completely senseless and ultimately meaningless with no deeper purpose behind it, to me the existence of life is the most terrible, horrific tragedy that's responsible for all pointless suffering causing immense amounts of harm, more than anything I wish I never suffered in this existence at all.

Reactions: Kusogaki and Talvikki
Terios

Terios

Jul 30, 2024
All what I know is that if he exists then he's definitely not the one from any of the man made religions we know of.

wristcutangel

wristcutangel

What value is there to a life that wants to end?
Jul 5, 2023
being raised a muslim makes it difficult for me to figure out my feelings on whether god exists since i personally want absolutely nothing to do with religion after putting up with that cult my whole life. if god does exist, he's a piece of shit not worthy of my respect for what he's put me through.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I think there are higher powers of some sort in other dimensions or its just my imagination. I cant believe there is just one all mighty sky daddy calling the shots

Reactions: Tommen Baratheon
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I don't believe there is a bearded man sitting in the sky getting angry at kids who do bad things. I don't even believe in the looser and hence more encompassing definitions of God in eastern religions. Nor do I believe in a deistic god as the First Cause. Because there is no evidence for any of it. Not even as a "divine force" because I would like to see that divine force, 'F' produce a divine acceleration 'a', on a divine mass 'm' according to F = ma (not accounting for Lorentz factor [1- v^2/c^2]).

Reactions: Kusogaki and divinemistress36
E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
I was raised in strong christian values and beliefs.
I left the church at 19 a fucked up child.
because of all the bullshit they brainwashed me into believing.

and whilst the rest of my peers were out enjoying their youth
I was judging everyone and i was very bitter and sick.

Religion fucked me up.
Ironically Jesus only came into his element after the age of 30.
So really i think religions should leave the children alone
and let them come to the church as an adult if they want to.

But if you don't let people make mistakes they will never learn.
and this idea of raising people to be saints is just sick.
My mother is probably one of the most bitter human beings
I have ever met, and when she goes to church she puts on an act.

She raised me to become a pastor.
Her dream was that i would be a pastor
so she could get status and recognition in the church

and at age 19 i went to volunteer in an orphanage in South Africa.
and when i saw how much these kids were being cared for
it just fucking broke me, I started having night terrors and everything.

(bear in mind i touched one of the with doctors, goat skulls after being warned not to. )

sorry for getting upset, but these orphans in a township in South Africa
were being cared for, far better than i was ever cared for.
and i returned from this "ministerial journey" an alcoholic.
and two years later i was a full blown drug addict.

Weather or not God is real
thats for each person to decide
but organised religion
and cults are dangerous..

Last edited:
Reactions: dagyu
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
I'm baptized and was raised as a Catholic. During the years I lost my faith and convinced myself I was an atheist. Later on I decided this was more directed to religion as an institution (the Church), so I became agnostic. Man can't prove there is a God, but man can't also prove there isn't. But I always felt there was something "more".

Then I experienced (what is labeled as) psychosis and in a way it was sort of spiritual awakening (the paranoia and hallucinations aside). I felt One with everything and came to understand The Meaning of Life. (Too bad I can't explain it.) To this day I experience synchronicity which for me is a sign that there is something more. I know this.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wish I could feel sure there wasn't. I just don't know.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Do I Believe? No.
Do I completely rule out the possibility that some kind of God/Gods exist? No.

I am closer to an agnostic than an atheist.

-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Student
Jun 16, 2024
Yeah. Not sure how I know, but I do. It's not even "faith", so to speak, just a gut feeling or instinct.