N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It is often a cliche about people who suffer immensly that they become very bitter. Me personally i try to avoid it but i probably become bitter. I develop a cynic humor and view the world as very dark and brutal. Adam Maier Clayton who suffered very very hard said that life is a gift and it is the reality that some people just do not have a happy end. He thought that antinatalists are crazy. Because life can be great and really worth living.
I think this is the better attitude of it. I often think that the idea of antinatalism is very attractive. It would just end the suffering for everyone. But practically it would increase pain probably. I try to see the positive in life but i do not often succeed. It is an inner fight between the good and the bad. I have the feeling that the ending will be sad. But I try to make the best of it.

Reactions: Sensei and Deleted member 23885
rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
I also try really hard fo see life as a gift and enjoy it but my situation makes it so damn difficult. I don't know many people who are happy while in a shitty situation but they do exist I'm sure.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Deleted member 23885 and Meditation guide
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
I became bitter with the years. I guess, childhood trauma didn't help me develop enough empathy for myself nor for others.

It's a great challenge upon oneself to try to see the beauty of life... I like to think that their is beautiful things one can see and live through. Yet, for me and overall, nothing really feel excinting. And it's just an empty and dull wave inside of my chest.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Lostandlooking and Deleted member 23885
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
That's very admirable of you. I'm struggling with this right now. I have never been a bitter person in life. But the longer this depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation rip at me, the more bitter I get... about everything. I'm bitter towards people. I harbor thoughts of revenge. I don't want to forgive anyone. I'm upset with the world. I'm negative about most things. And I'll be honest... I'm not trying to be better at this point. I've given up. I've accepted that the "new me" is a bitter, cynical asshole who's ready to be done with the world.

• Hugs
Reactions: stillweary, Fehler, Lostandlooking and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I'm "bitter" and I'm fine with it.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Ἡγησίας and Lostandlooking
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I don't get bitter. I just get sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Lostandlooking
Noriv159

Noriv159

Sigh.
Oct 22, 2020
I'm the nicest sociopath I know. Life really got me.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I don't know if i call myself bitter, but I fucking hate the world, My *suffering* has made me view the world in a very negative way, they say look to the positive but how can you look to that when all life deals you is shit?!

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Good4Nothing, demuic and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I'm way past bitter into numb. You get so used to being abused and in pain you just get used to it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 22624, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
@noname223, I also read up on Adam Maier-Clayton. He was a strong person for making it as far as he did, plus he had some very telling insights into human nature. How ordinary ppl ignore the homeless etc. Life is hard for me, too. I wish you all the best in life :)

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yes and in my case it happened because of a very specific event rather than my general cynicism. I even made a thread about it a while ago that also describes Post-Traumatic Embittered Disorder which is when a person has extreme bitterness stemming from an event.

• Hugs
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
It is often a cliche about people who suffer immensly that they become very bitter. Me personally i try to avoid it but i probably become bitter. I develop a cynic humor and view the world as very dark and brutal. Adam Maier Clayton who suffered very very hard said that life is a gift and it is the reality that some people just do not have a happy end. He thought that antinatalists are crazy. Because life can be great and really worth living.
I think this is the better attitude of it. I often think that the idea of antinatalism is very attractive. It would just end the suffering for everyone. But practically it would increase pain probably. I try to see the positive in life but i do not often succeed. It is an inner fight between the good and the bad. I have the feeling that the ending will be sad. But I try to make the best of it.
@noname223, I also read up on Adam Maier-Clayton. He was a strong person for making it as far as he did, plus he had some very telling insights into human nature. How ordinary ppl ignore the homeless etc. Life is hard for me, too. I wish you all the best in life :)
Adam's story is absolutely tragic. His YT channel with all his videos documenting his torment are all still there, which I think is brilliant because otherwise his story might have gone unheard, which would've been even more tragic. I'm glad he chronicled his life so people can see how he lived, and the injustice he faced. He looked completely normal which made it difficult for some people to even believe him, but because of some bizarre neurological defect, it was clearly hell each day for him. It's unforgivable how his story had to end, with him ctbing in some undignified manner and away from his family, I don't know how - hanging maybe? I didn't agree with all of his views though - he wasn't interested in supporting a universal right to die, whereas I am. He only seemed to extend his sympathies to the overtly physically ill, which I think is far too narrow. In any case, RIP.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Lostandlooking and Deleted member 23885
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
I'm extremely bitter. Mostly about my childhood, because that was done to me and was out of my control. But I'm also bitter about the choices and decisions I've made in the past. That's partly because it's brought me to this exact point (which isn't great), but also because I hate the person I used to be.

I understand some bitterness might be unhelpful and maybe somewhat exaggerated, but I will not accept anyone telling me it's irrational.

• Love
Reactions: stillweary, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
U

ugly734

Aug 31, 2020
Yes, I am bitter because it fits, but the word is associated with an insult. It is a very convenient term, it blames the injured party. A better word is: disappointed.

I think antinatalists have low iq, they don't see many things. A happy man has a better life than other animals. Besides, by destroying mankind, we will not wipe out all creation in the universe, man may evolve from bacteria in billions of years.

• Wow
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, moonchild and Lostandlooking
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Bitter and angry.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Lostandlooking
girlofduty

girlofduty

Dec 12, 2020
That's very admirable of you. I'm struggling with this right now. I have never been a bitter person in life. But the longer this depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation rip at me, the more bitter I get... about everything. I'm bitter towards people. I harbor thoughts of revenge. I don't want to forgive anyone. I'm upset with the world. I'm negative about most things. And I'll be honest... I'm not trying to be better at this point. I've given up. I've accepted that the "new me" is a bitter, cynical asshole who's ready to be done with the world.
I can relate to everything you wrote. The thing is a part of me still believes (or wants people to believe that) I'm the "nice" girl I used to be, but another part of me can clearly see that that girl has died years ago. I keep telling my husband, I am not the same person he married. I kinda mourn her still and wished my daughters could have known the person I used to be. People used to always want to be my friend. Now, people don't even make eye contact with me in hopes that I don't engage in conversation with them.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Lostandlooking
orbroots

orbroots

Dec 24, 2020
i feel like when i was younger life was simpler. now, it's complicated. but towards the expected end of my life it's starting to feel simpler again. I might be bitter. I'm also relieved.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Lostandlooking and MrBlue
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
While I don't have any resentment towards other people, I am cynical. I've been called pessimistic, but things go basically exactly how I imagine them to most of the time so I think I'm just being realistic.

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
after my life kinda fell apart i was bitter for a couple of years and then i realized it didn't do me any good and i had been taking things personally when i shouldn't have. i'm definitely sad and defeated but i can't say i'm bitter

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Yes, I am bitter because it fits, but the word is associated with an insult. It is a very convenient term, it blames the injured party. A better word is: disappointed.

I think antinatalists have low iq, they don't see many things. A happy man has a better life than other animals. Besides, by destroying mankind, we will not wipe out all creation in the universe, man may evolve from bacteria in billions of years.
I don't think us antinatalists have low IQ. While my cognitive processing abilities have been dampered by my physical illness, I don't think I could do a Neuroscience degree with a low IQ, and there are many brilliant ANs on this forum. Antinatalism is a form of negative utilitarianism and a methodology that prevents suffering, not something that steals away happiness.

When climate change and deoxygenation of the oceans is on the horizon, and we have awareness of the eventual heat death of the universe, I think it's unlikely that we would see complex organisms evolve rapidly enough to replicate the evolutionary events that have happened on earth as we know it. That's just my theory though.

I don't think it's being bitter to be AN. You can enjoy aspects of life and still believe procreation is immoral. We don't know how how animals perceive certain things yet, but I think that animals live simple lives that are free from many of the burdens that come with a larger brain intertwined with more complex neural structures. Animals don't have to ponder life and death.

I have become quite embittered too but I think it's indepdent of my AN philosophy. The main reason I lost faith in humans is because of how horribly disabled people, sick people, and feeble/vunerable people are treated. Being treated like a burden and a whiner your whole life for having disabilities will do that to ya.

If you don't see your disabilities as a motivational and positive thing people will tear into you. I don't want to exist in such a world.

• Love
Reactions: stillweary, Good4Nothing, 262653 and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm extremely bitter yeah. Bitter I spent six years in lockdown without the tech that's now keeping everyone sane. What happened to me couldn't have happened just a few years later. It's like going to prison and when you get out what you went in for isn't a crime

• Hugs
Reactions: stillweary, Deleted member 22624 and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Extremely bitter at having all reasonable options for suicide taken from me. It's like a lifetime prison sentence, that's how my life literally feels

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie, Wisdom3_1-9 and KuriGohan&Kamehameha