deepblack

deepblack

follow the white rabbit
Apr 9, 2023
I am diagnosed with SzPD, where seeing other people as NPCs would be kind of the default state lol.
Although I'm classified as the "hidden" or "secret" typus.

But that's not the way I feel about it. I don't think it's the people that are non playable.
It's actually the game that isn't playable. We are living in an NPG ... a Non Playable Game

Reactions: not_actually_human and stermc
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Too much energy. I just ignore most ppl. Been working out well for me. I have no time for drama. I just don't care anymore.
Rage into the dying of the light!

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
I don't view people as "NPCs" (and old school RPG npc not newfangled GTA computerized fancy stuff).
So you meant table top games?
Daggerfall NPC's where still "fancy computerised" since they were NPC's in a computer game.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
So you meant table top games?

Yep, that's where I learned of NPCs. My daughter plays the GTA games so I've seen those. Now that I think about it, in TTRPGs NPCs can have a greater role than in a computer game, sometimes they're essential. In my games I have spuds just to serve drinks and such but most NPCs I have are recurring characters that the party would be ill-advised to just blow off or offend. Just because they aren't PCs doesn't mean they don't have power and influence. I have to finish fleshing out an old wizard who will be a patron for the party, he's got a ghost couple that act as servants/friends and hangs out with a merchant who "knows things".

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
unplug

unplug

Vapor Self
Apr 11, 2023
Kinda. I see all the cars going, people walking. It's almost as if they are NPCs

Reactions: Ambivalent1
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I do feel this way sometimes, and/or I also feel like a robot myself. Just part of dissociation and feeling disconnected from the world I guess. Very unpleasant, not recommended.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Message In A Bottle and Ambivalent1
kansatsu

kansatsu

Jan 11, 2023
i heard that its common for autistic/adhd people to feel this way about neurotypical people

Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
If I point that arrow at someone, there's probably someone else pointing a similar arrow at me.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
If I point that arrow at someone, there's probably someone else pointing a similar arrow at me.
I know I'm an npc to strangers but being an npc to an npc doesn't matter to me. I don't know why I view others as less human than me.

B

beyondgone

Mar 3, 2023
Everything and everyone is just a figment of our own imagination, anything only exists because we perceive it, you are me I am you we are all everyone and no one all at the same time, of course they are npcs and we created them as a distraction from this illusion we call life, that's all it is an illusion, a dream and when I die we all wake up, I also see some people like pro lifers sort of like our SI they prevent us hurting our selves because they are us

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: deepblack and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Everything and everyone is just a figment of our own imagination, anything only exists because we perceive it, you are me I am you we are all everyone and no one all at the same time, of course they are npcs and we created them as a distraction from this illusion we call life, that's all it is an illusion, a dream and when I die we all wake up, I also see some people like pro lifers sort of like our SI they prevent us hurting our selves because they are us
Why do you think this?

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
That's an interesting thought, but i guess it's hard to differentiate whether they are the npc or you are.

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
I see very little people as "special enough" to be important to me. Most people hold the "normal" mindset that society imposes, they will not understand me, and will probably view me as a potential threat if they know who I truly am. I also hold very high standards to who I consider worthy of considering, because embarassingly enough I do view myself as rather different from others, so that's that

Kodokushi

Kodokushi

Falling...into the abyss...
Apr 19, 2023
Not npcs,it's more like they're the main characters and I'm the gray mass? Or they're performers and I'm the audience?? Like, seeing others succeeding, getting promoted, having families and kids, hanging out with friends, traveling and genuinely live happy lives while you just...rot...feels bad lol

Others talk to me only when they need something or to vent and ease their hearts, then go away, and I'm stuck on the side witnessing their successions and joy...

Reactions: NumbItAll
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Definition: the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you'll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk." (provided by Kyler J Falk)

The definition is a bit too poetic, but we are often so preoccupied with our own lives, that we forget to remember that every passerby has their own story, often much more interesting than our own, could be a serial killer, or famous anonymous artist.

I often imagine seeing myself from a stranger's perspective. They won't even remember me, and I'm stuck in my timeline.

I know I'm an npc to strangers but being an npc to an npc doesn't matter to me. I don't know why I view others as less human than me.
It's dehumanization. Stay a troll and don't seek positions of power.

• Love
Reactions: jamie_ and Rocinante
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I see very little people as "special enough" to be important to me. Most people hold the "normal" mindset that society imposes, they will not understand me, and will probably view me as a potential threat if they know who I truly am. I also hold very high standards to who I consider worthy of considering, because embarassingly enough I do view myself as rather different from others, so that's that
Why would they view you as a threat?
Definition: the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you'll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk." (provided by Kyler J Falk)

The definition is a bit too poetic, but we are often so preoccupied with our own lives, that we forget to remember that every passerby has their own story, often much more interesting than our own, could be a serial killer, or famous anonymous artist.

I often imagine seeing myself from a stranger's perspective. They won't even remember me, and I'm stuck in my timeline.

It's dehumanization. Stay a troll and don't seek positions of power.
Social isolation leads to dehumanizing others?

Last edited:
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
Why would they view you as a threat?

Social isolation leads to dehumanizing others?
I have a very pessimistic view of the world, of humans society ect and I'm supportive of the rights to die. I'm also mentally ill as hell and my thoughts aren't the most bright. Not many others would tolerate that. They'd prob view me as some psycho psych ward runaway patient lmao