Text
Jul 28, 2023
?

Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Passersby, girlsboysthems and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yeah, when I wake up it takes me a good few hours to get my shit together. It's so upsetting for me to wake up from a good sleep and back to the realities of this shitty world. It takes a good few coffees and a bit of exercise to rally round.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stormy Raine and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Yeah, when I wake up it takes me a good few hours to get my shit together. It's so upsetting for me to wake up from a good sleep and back to the realities of this shitty world. It takes a good few coffees and a bit of exercise to rally round.
It's also like that for me… it's like I have to come back from the dead 😄😢💀

It's the best metaphor 🤐

Reactions: Joarga
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
cortisol is highest in the morning and should be lowest at night, i think is also the amygdala kicking on

Reactions: Grimpoteuthis and Lost Magic
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
It's terrible to realize you have waken again 🥲I'm usually angry, upset, and have all these emotions, then I rush to work, pretend to be happy. After work I rush back home and take my sleeping pills and repeat. But yes it's harder in the morning.

• Hugs
Reactions: Grimpoteuthis, Joarga and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
cortisol is highest in the morning and should be lowest at night, i think is also the amygdala kicking on
But for me the depression is terrible in the morning. I can merely feel anxiety given how bad the depression is.
It's terrible to realize you have waken again 🥲I'm usually angry, upset, and have all these emotions, then I rush to work, pretend to be happy. After work I rush back home and take my sleeping pills and repeat. But yes it's harder in the morning.
How are you? I didn't see you in the comments these last days. We may have replied to different threads, but still 😊

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Ah, that might explain why I feel so horrid when I wake up (high cortisol). I actually just recently purchased a vibration plate (said to lower cortisol) and tbh it is working. I feel much better after 15 of working out on that sucker haha I also heard the herb Ashwagandha was good at lowering cortisol too.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes and it used to be the other way around. Mornings are so hard now.

• Hugs
Reactions: venin and Grimpoteuthis
vanadium23

vanadium23

Aug 15, 2023
Yeah, I sometimes stay up late just so I can feel slightly less miserable.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: venin, delora, AntHills and 1 other person
luks

luks

Jul 25, 2023
i always wake up an anxiety induced haze. then the depression of still being alive kicks in. usually gets better in the evening once i start day drinking

• Hugs
Reactions: venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
i always wake up an anxiety induced haze. then the depression of still being alive kicks in. usually gets better in the evening once i start day drinking
I mean if it works 🙏🏼

N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
Probably, yeah. The day ahead always feels daunting and scary and I'm usually waking up from a horrible dream which will take a while to shake off.

• Hugs
C

ctvunny

dead
Jun 18, 2023
Its the opposite for me, thats why I want to sleep faster so I dont have to think about shtty things again. Only for them to come in my dreams lol

• Love
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
It starts from a semi-depressive mood for me in the morning, around 4/10 and peaks in the afternoon, in which the evenings are how bad i felt throughout the day. Happiest part is when you go to bed hoping not to wake up.

• Hugs
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Probably, yeah. The day ahead always feels daunting and scary and I'm usually waking up from a horrible dream which will take a while to shake off.
It's like you described my recent mornings 💝
Its the opposite for me, thats why I want to sleep faster so I dont have to think about shtty things again. Only for them to come in my dreams lol
Omg, the things that come through my mind 🙇‍♂️
It starts from a semi-depressive mood for me in the morning, around 4/10 and peaks in the afternoon, in which the evenings are how bad i felt throughout the day. Happiest part is when you go to bed hoping not to wake up.
Thank you for putting a smile on my face.

It's also really fucking true.

• Hugs
Reactions: NoHorizon
P

pinemarten

Aug 18, 2023
In general yeah, especially having to talk to or interact with anyone early in the morning. This extends to even having to listen to other people talk or listen to a television that is on nearby. I just want silence and stillness.

When it is quiet and still it's tolerable, nice even. Taking the dog out ~06:30AM there's rarely anyone else about, only the odd car taking someone to work every so often. I don't mind being up that early because I am able to be in that peaceful environment.

• Love
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
In general yeah, especially having to talk to or interact with anyone early in the morning. This extends to even having to listen to other people talk or listen to a television that is on nearby. I just want silence and stillness.

When it is quiet and still it's tolerable, nice even. Taking the dog out ~06:30AM there's rarely anyone else about, only the odd car taking someone to work every so often. I don't mind being up that early because I am able to be in that peaceful environment.
I know what you mean

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Ah, that might explain why I feel so horrid when I wake up (high cortisol). I actually just recently purchased a vibration plate (said to lower cortisol) and tbh it is working. I feel much better after 15 of working out on that sucker haha I also heard the herb Ashwagandha was good at lowering cortisol too.

yeah ashwagandha is worth testing just take a few days off from it every week or so and read everything you can about it. Take note of negative side effects on reddit and figure out why they happen. Thats how you should approach all supplements basically.

it knocks cortisol way down but eventually theres a rebound effect if you take it too long as i remember.

pregnenolone sublingual is another one that helps morning GABA basically. Arguably high cortisol blocks preg synthesis.

Body is really complicated and people want supplements to be a silver bullet. None are.

ill look into the vibration plate thats new to me. Grounding/earthing mats are also popular.
But for me the depression is terrible in the morning. I can merely feel anxiety given how bad the depression is.

How are you? I didn't see you in the comments these last days. We may have replied to different threads, but still 😊

maybe research ashwagandha just read my prev comment abt it