itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
My grandma came back from church the other day complaining about the pope. She said that he is likely anti-Christ or working for them due to the fact that he accepts same sex marriage etc.
Did y'all grow up hearing about these "end times that are supposed to come any day"?

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
hahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha. yes i did. my grandparents are Jehovah's Witnesses. all of their earthly possessions + $ are left to their JW chapter in the will, they go to conventions, don't celebrate anything, & talked abt how life's Hell on Earth & we're all being tested, hellfire & brimstone, etc, 24/7. my gma forced me to learn how to write w my right hand as a kid bc writing w the left was 'a sign of The Devil'. this was after she'd finally decided to un-disown my mother & i bc i'm part black. lol.

i haven't spoken to them in yearssssss. & no, ofc i don't believe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: itchygator
itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
hahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha. yes i did. my grandparents are Jehovah's Witnesses. all of their earthly possessions + $ are left to their JW chapter in the will, they go to conventions, don't celebrate anything, & talked abt how life's Hell on Earth & we're all being tested, hellfire & brimstone, etc, 24/7. my gma forced me to learn how to write w my right hand as a kid bc writing w the left was 'a sign of The Devil'. this was after she'd finally decided to un-disown my mother & i bc i'm part black. lol.

i haven't spoken to them in yearssssss. & no, ofc i don't believe it.
Haha that's funny. I heard that they used to believe that lefty's were evil lol.
You must be at least my age then because I believe it was an old school religious thing.

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
Grew up in a Christian country so I heard this fear mongering all the time. I don't necessarily believe it, but I am of the belief that there is nothing above this reality; if it happens, I wouldn't be surprised that one religion out of the many actually turned out to be true. I have some serious doubt that it is the repackaged version of Christianity that is promoted back home lol, but anything can happen, right?

Still though, we've been in the "end times" for a while now. Famine, war, widespread depravity, "antichrists," devastating natural disasters— every year the state of the earth and the societies we have built within it worsen, and we've been living in these times that have been described in the Bible for decades now. Every year, someone incorrectly predicts the doomsday, too. The Bible says we won't know the hour it happens but God seems a little late. I wonder just how bad people had to get for him to end the world before.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, NoAIarmsNoSurprises and itchygator
itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
Grew up in a Christian country so I heard this fear mongering all the time. I don't necessarily believe it, but I am of the belief that there is nothing above this reality; if it happens, I wouldn't be surprised that one religion out of the many actually turned out to be true. I have some serious doubt that it is the repackaged version of Christianity that is promoted back home lol, but anything can happen, right?

Still though, we've been in the "end times" for a while now. Famine, war, widespread depravity, "antichrists," devastating natural disasters— every year the state of the earth and the societies we have built within it worsen, and we've been living in these times that have been described in the Bible for decades now. Every year, someone incorrectly predicts the doomsday, too. The Bible says we won't know the hour it happens but God seems a little late. I wonder just how bad people had to get for him to end the world before.
Word! It's definitely getting hella worse. I mean I feel bad that my son has to live in this place. Dam pedofiles and shit killing kids to get off?! Wtf

• Hugs
Reactions: UsagiDrop
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
It's all bs.

Reactions: hikikomorizombie
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I mean I feel bad that my son has to live in this place.
I think about the babies and kids that I know who have to grow up in this day and age and I feel sad for them too. Pedophiles and other unsafe adults have always existed but I think the internet has given them more access to content and actual children. It's sad but it's the way that this rotting world is, all we can do is do our best to protect every vulnerable person that we can. I dunno if God is going to send a rapture to take away the threats that we have to peace any time soon. And even if he did, a lot of us would end up lumped up with those people in hell for our lesser sins anyway, haha. I think everyone on this website unfortunately would be, according to the doctrine.

I hope that your son can grow up well and safely in this scary world.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath and itchygator
itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
I think about the babies and kids that I know who have to grow up in this day and age and I feel sad for them too. Pedophiles and other unsafe adults have always existed but I think the internet has given them more access to content and actual children. It's sad but it's the way that this rotting world is, all we can do is do our best to protect every vulnerable person that we can. I dunno if God is going to send a rapture to take away the threats that we have to peace any time soon. And even if he did, a lot of us would end up lumped up with those people in hell for our lesser sins anyway, haha. I think everyone on this website unfortunately would be, according to the doctrine.

Yeah. Thanks. Unfortunately I don't feel there is anyone coming down to save this world. I grew up in catholic schools and I've believed, but I can't help but feel that it's just a fairy tale.

He is in good hands with his mom tho. She is without a doubt a good mom. That's why I was comfortable with the idea of having a child. Although, she doesn't let me see him anymore bc years ago we broke up mostly over the fact that I started taking pills again.
I own that. It's my fault. But geez it's been plenty long enough I would think.
Word! It's definitely getting hella worse. I mean I feel bad that my son has to live in this place. Dam pedofiles and shit killing kids to get off?! Wtf
So where did you grow up?

Last edited:
Reactions: UsagiDrop
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I do believe the geopolitical stability of the past over 80 years since WW2 has already ended or more so is going to evolve into another geopolitical reality. The world is moving towards a multipolar world and as such that means there going to be conflicting interests sooner or later among the great powers such as US, Russia, China, EU, India, etc. The US is little by little losing the trust of other countries governments that depend on the US. And since the US foreign sphere of influence is waning then some other power may or will come in to fill in the power vacuum. Imo of course no knows the future, but something most definitely feels like it will happen in the next 20-50 years such as a major war possibly even WW3, exacerbated by climate change, natural disasters, economic collapse, mass famines, massive die-offs, biological collapse, genocides, a lot of others unknown crises I bet fuck.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I mean- maybe but I think it will be manmade rather than religious. (But then, I have a suspicion religion is manmade too.) We don't need supernatural help to make living conditions here impossible for us to survive in! We're doing a bang up job turning this place into a hell on earth for all its occupants.

itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
I do believe the geopolitical stability of the past over 80 years since WW2 has already ended or more so is going to evolve into another geopolitical reality. The world is moving towards a multipolar world and as such that means there going to be conflicting interests sooner or later among the great powers such as US, Russia, China, EU, India, etc. The US is little by little losing the trust of other countries governments that depend on the US. And since the US foreign sphere of influence is waning then some other power may or will come in to fill in the power vacuum. Imo of course no knows the future, but something most definitely feels like it will happen in the next 20-50 years such as a major war possibly even WW3, exacerbated by climate change, natural disasters, economic collapse, mass famines, massive die-offs, biological collapse, genocides, a lot of others unknown crises I bet fuck.
Very well thought said my friend. I absolutely agree.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
My entire family is religious besides me so I heard that a lot but I don't believe, stuff like that in my opinion tend to be one of many different things to keep the people in the religion in line with fear or reward if they follow the religion perfectly.

itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
Yeah buddy!
Yeah. Thanks. Unfortunately I don't feel there is anyone coming down to save this world. I grew up in catholic schools and I've believed, but I can't help but feel that it's just a fairy tale.

He is in good hands with his mom tho. She is without a doubt a good mom. That's why I was comfortable with the idea of having a child. Although, she doesn't let me see him anymore bc years ago we broke up mostly over the fact that I started taking pills again.
I own that. It's my fault. But geez it's been plenty long enough I would think.

So where did you grow up?
I live downtown New Orleans, Louisiana

FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

people call me unhinged
Jan 21, 2024
No. I grew up hyper Christian and I hated learning about the Rapture. I straight-up thought it all sounded horrible, even the good ones going to Heaven randomly sounded horrible.
Thinking something like that will happen is just so silly, but I do believe there will be a mass destabilization event and Christian cultists will only make matters worse.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
The end times were supposed to come 'any time soon' back then when the black plague was decimating Europe.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Yeah, mom was into church at one point or another and dragged me along. I didn't know any better so tagged along..
End of days thing is a pretty big thing, using mostly Revelations.
The thing is, I took up a semester of Biblical Lit and got to studying the basics... and it was a case of..don't meet your heroes thing.
The more I learned about Religion, what their Bible is, the more it became more muddied and seemingly contradicting.
But again, to answer OP's question, yeah, I grew up with those sermons/preachers.