• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Yeah, read the privacy policy of websites, or go to https://tosdr.org since most are really long. Every website has different practices, some only track IP for running purposes, while others track all they can. The IP is the least of your concerns in most of them, lol.

Do they track it from your account/every time you log in?
You can get tracked just from being there, but an account will give more data. Think you are giving more info, like a mail you probably use in more sites, and maybe an unique phone number.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, read the privacy policy of websites, or go to https://tosdr.org since most are really long. Every website has different practices, some only track IP for running purposes, while others track all they can. The IP is the least of your concerns in most of them, lol.
Do they track it from your account/every time you log in?

frustratedcivilian

frustratedcivilian

It Is About Nonsense
Apr 1, 2024
Of course, as soon as you go to a website, website can see the ip address of your side of connection, tracking is a little different process, websites can implement specific patterns to collect fingerprints, so generally, tracking is just everywhere in the internet.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, practically all websites do, including this one too, but it's not used for anything nefarious or anything like that, it's a normal practice.
Every time you log into your account there?

Reactions: Final_Choice
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
tl;dr: Yes your IP address is universally being tracked as you move around the internet.

------

Almost every website, by default, will capture your IP address, date and time, the requested asset, time taken and whether it was successful. Whether they do anything with this information is a different story. This information represents the basic logs of the server and can generate a huge amount of data.

You can take precautions to limit your exposure, like using TOR or VPNs. However, not all site will allow access if you're not displaying a good IP. Also, website operators can report your IP to any number of organizations that track bad actors on the web. Appearing on this list can be like being on the "no fly" list.

Website operators can choose to track more information in how they setup the site and what's intended to be done. Log into a site, chances are they've tied your IP address to your account. On top of the IP address, the next common tracking method is the cookie. This allows a website to store a small amount of data on your computer that it can use. It's not maleware, but does allow the operator to know if you visited multiple times, and might hold your username to make life easier for you. That's the justification, but it's still another tracking tool.

Then comes more advanced tracking methods, when they really need to know what you're doing. Google Ads is very common for tracking usage and there are other libraries that can be used.

Hopefully this is coherent, as it's way past my bed time. Dm me if you want clarification or additional information.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
tldr: Most of them do. Most of them do not save the data (and why would they...)

~~~~

There are more sophisticated methods to make a digital fingerprint, as a side note.

For once, your web browser sends HTTP headers on each request you make to a web server. These headers can include information about your browser (version, type, like google/safari/firefox), your operating system, and browser settings.
Sites can go further than that and record your screen size, know the fonts that you installed, and find out your GPU (if you are using a computer).

Javascript (a language that runs on the web) is a powerful tool that can extract lots of data about your browser/system. I would turn it off to enhance security. Unfortunately, many modern websites will not work without it.

~~~~

I would also be even more cautious about which information you can leave online.
You have an account here, which means that you might have used an email/phone number that can be traced to you.

~~~~

Another thing is something like meta-information. (idk, something that you cannot directly utilize but still can be used)
For example, considering the usual time of your posts, it can be inferred that you are probably in America (let alone the fact that you can also directly say the state where you live...).

~~~~

IP is just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to tracking...

~~~~

But as one smart guy here mentioned,
Websites typically collect data for advertisement. A website like this has no reason to do so though.
So you have nothing to worry about (most likely)

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
tl;dr: Yes your IP address is universally being tracked as you move around the internet.

------

Almost every website, by default, will capture your IP address, date and time, the requested asset, time taken and whether it was successful. Whether they do anything with this information is a different story. This information represents the basic logs of the server and can generate a huge amount of data.

You can take precautions to limit your exposure, like using TOR or VPNs. However, not all site will allow access if you're not displaying a good IP. Also, website operators can report your IP to any number of organizations that track bad actors on the web. Appearing on this list can be like being on the "no fly" list.

Website operators can choose to track more information in how they setup the site and what's intended to be done. Log into a site, chances are they've tied your IP address to your account. On top of the IP address, the next common tracking method is the cookie. This allows a website to store a small amount of data on your computer that it can use. It's not maleware, but does allow the operator to know if you visited multiple times, and might hold your username to make life easier for you. That's the justification, but it's still another tracking tool.

Then comes more advanced tracking methods, when they really need to know what you're doing. Google Ads is very common for tracking usage and there are other libraries that can be used.

Hopefully this is coherent, as it's way past my bed time. Dm me if you want clarification or additional information.
I got banned from a forum for my account being an alt. I don't know how they would know this unless they logged my IP address every time I logged in. I used a VPN for it and the VPN was a different server each time

4am

4am

thereā€™s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
yes, obviously. that's like basic internet safety 101šŸ’€

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Even SS saves your IP to prevent banned users from rejoining under a different name. I recommend not using this site on public wifi because you never know if some previously banned user also used that wifi station and you could get auto-flagged for it. It's happened to some members before.

Reactions: pilotviolin
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Even SS saves your IP to prevent banned users from rejoining under a different name. I recommend not using this site on public wifi because you never know if some previously banned user also used that wifi station and you could get auto-flagged for it. It's happened to some members before.
I got banned from Neets.net for being an alt. I don't know why they hate me so much

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I got banned from Neets.net for being an alt. I don't know why they hate me so much
Well they made it clear that all women are banned from there so it might not be totally personal. It's not unusual for all websites to have a system in place to make sure their banned users actually stay banned for whatever reason.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
This can actually look more suspicious and lead to an account being red flagged or blocked. How do I know/suspect this? I find that when using VPNs I more often have to either verify that I'm human or that I'm an account owner.
I never had to verify that I'm human or that I'm an account owner. They banned my main account already because I'm a woman and that was tied to my real IP address. Anyways fuck Neets.net! That forum needs to be shut down
Well they made it clear that all women are banned from there so it might not be totally personal. It's not unusual for all websites to have a system in place to make sure their banned users actually stay banned for whatever reason.
I didn't know that all women were banned from there until they banned my first account. Anyways, their reason for banning me is dumb and I'm still salty over this

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Guy_Smiley
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I didn't know that all women were banned from there until they banned my first account. Anyways, their reason for banning me is dumb and I'm still salty over this
It's a dumb reason, but if you think about it another way, this rule they have could actually be able to protect women from getting involved and targeted by opportunistic members of that site. I doubt that's what they had in mind when they framed this law though but it's one way to cope with with it at least.

You could always start your own NEET forum for women where you can bathe in misandrist rants day in and day out while making sure no men are allowed.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It's a dumb reason, but if you think about it another way, this rule they have could actually be able to protect women from getting involved and targeted by opportunistic members of that site. I doubt that's what they had in mind when they framed this law though but it's one way to cope with with it at least.

You could always start your own NEET forum for women where you can bathe in misandrist rants day in and day out while making sure no men are allowed.
Who's gonna do the coding? Lol

• Yay!
Reactions: StarryEyed
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ šŸ’•āœØ
Jun 9, 2023
yes. If you wish for them not to be able to, use Tor as it re-routes your connection a bunch of times. It also helps you access SS in places that block it (like my college~ :/) If you look at some other, older forums, they can also track your computer's time zone (based on the clock), region, and browser used. In addition, I know that they can even track how big your screen is and what your language settings are!

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
@sserafim well you were basically outed in a boys only club, I like how you say you're salty over it but you can surely find a similar forum for both genders.
Oh and a bit random but at your current rate of posting, if you don't ctb before, then after 3yrs from the date you registered you'll have a similar amount of posts to another autistic female user @FuneralCry šŸ˜ŒšŸ˜
Gender segregation is discrimination. I was LARPing as a guy before I got outed there lol. There's no NEET forum for both genders. The NEET subreddit is full of fake NEETs (failed normies)

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I want to get guys to do it just for the satisfaction
Idk if you stream enough on Twitch you might be able to find some simps to do it for you although you'd still have to manage a Discord channel and vet out these simpsā€¦

Gender segregation is discrimination. I was LARPing as a guy before I got outed there lol. There's no NEET forum for both genders. The NEET subreddit is full of fake NEETs (failed normies)
I would think that incels make up 90% of all NEETs. You even once said that you'd be an incel too if you were male. šŸ˜³

• Informative