randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
I know that being sad drives us into some mad creativity that lead us to art. Some make poetry, some make drawings, some make music (me). It's a shame that we don't give value to our production because we think we are a punch of garbage when we're depressed. So do you guys have some way to express your feelings through art ?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Spirals, Minivivi and 6 others
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Did do before I ended up brain damaged. I Did do pottery and photography

You

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, RottingFlowerBrains, Tiburcio and 1 other person
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Photography and I used to write

Reactions: randomguy and Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

More artistic than me is impossible to be.

Reactions: RM5998, Temporarilyabsurd, Smilla and 3 others
SunSetsForever

SunSetsForever

Apr 6, 2018
I know that being sad drives us into some mad creativity that lead us to art. Some make poetry, some make drawings, some make music (me). It's a shame that we don't give value to our production because we think we are a punch of garbage when we're depressed. So do you guys have some way to express your feelings through art ?
I compose music, write stories, and finished my first novel last year. Been writing the drafts for my next couple novels too. Becoming an author was my dream job. I've got some heavy antinatalist/pro-choice themes in my stories.

Reactions: Spirals, RottingFlowerBrains, Smilla and 3 others
randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
M
I like to photograph mostly, landscapes and abandoned places
Also small details
Me too, I take pics from desert streets and beaches

Reactions: anna and Tiburcio
randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
I compose music, write stories, and finished my first novel last year. Been writing the drafts for my next couple novels too. Becoming an author was my dream job. I've got some heavy antinatalist/pro-choice themes in my stories.
I surely would like to read them

Reactions: SunSetsForever
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Can you posts pictures of photography

Reactions: randomguy and Tiburcio
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
Poetry until I started popping happy pills

Reactions: Soon4me, Deutsch and randomguy
joydivision

joydivision

Aug 26, 2018
What kind of music? I used to be a dj so I used to produce electronica music....but I love most music

Reactions: Smilla and randomguy
Marystevenson1001

Marystevenson1001

Aug 17, 2018
I remember reading a study that showed that mental illness was closely linked with creativity and artistic talent. For me, I write, paint, draw, do string art, decorate... Well I used to. These days I just stay in bed, read this site and think about ctb.

Reactions: Spirals, Morning Angel, akosineenee and 2 others
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
I play chess against myself and move one peice a week.
Yesterday during hoovering I knocked the whole board on the floor.
Two years effort gone, just like that.
Anyway, new game starts tomorrow at 9am.

Reactions: akosineenee, randomguy, Temporarilyabsurd and 2 others
nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
I'm a digital artist - and used to find vent drawings depicting how I felt really helped get the thoughts out of my head. Unfortunatly I barely have the motivation to draw now - I just write songs.

Reactions: randomguy and Smilla
randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
What kind of music? I used to be a dj so I used to produce electronica music....but I love most music
I kinda dunno my kind of music lol. I just know they're never good enough to me. But some people like them. I can send you a link to my soundclou account if you want.

Reactions: joydivision
randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
I play chess against myself and move one peice a week.
Yesterday during hoovering I knocked the whole board on the floor.
Two years effort gone, just like that.
Anyway, new game starts tomorrow at 9am.
Well... I find this really poetic. And I'm not being ironic.

randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
I'm a digital artist - and used to find vent drawings depicting how I felt really helped get the thoughts out of my head. Unfortunatly I barely have the motivation to draw now - I just write songs.
I used to draw too. Now I just make songs, but even this is demanding a growing effort from me

randomguy

randomguy

Aug 18, 2018
I remember reading a study that showed that mental illness was closely linked with creativity and artistic talent. For me, I write, paint, draw, do string art, decorate... Well I used to. These days I just stay in bed, read this site and think about ctb.
I thought about this link too, It' sad. I can relate. Even eating is too tiring for me, making songs is an huge effort.

Reactions: Marystevenson1001
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I like to make music,

Reactions: randomguy
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I have a soundcloud if anyone is interested

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains and Tiburcio
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
I am c/ping this from another thread because I'm too lazy to type it up again:

I USED to do a lot of stuff on photoshop...manipulations, airbrush painting, made a little money editing peoples' photos (family photos where there was something wrong, modeling portfolios, etc) but that was a while ago. I don't really have any artistic "thoughts" or talents anymore. I also used to write halfway decent poetry back in the day. When I CTB I'll post a link to my old DeviantArt if you want to look through more of it.

Here's a few examples (sorry about the black line in the first one; I had a watermark with my screen name that I use just about everywhere that I didn't want to show and I did that one in Gimp (not photoshop) so I didn't have the layers to just delete the layer with the screen name on it):

https://ibb.co/nvtVhz
This one is pure image manipulation.

https://ibb.co/mmKnee
This one is mostly manipulation with a little painting.

https://ibb.co/cSPxUe
This one is one of my favourite pieces; and it's aaaalll airbrush painting (with a few brush exceptions). Again sorry about the painted line I had another screen name watermark

ETA this is one of the first pieces I ever did, in Gimp back in the stone ages when I was running Linux (so we're talking 2005ish) and Gimp was soooo primitive. Now it's essentially a bare-bones, free photoshop (and I haven't a clue how to use it).
https://ibb.co/kZ1Hee

Reactions: akosineenee, Slacker, SunSetsForever and 2 others
Neon

Neon

May 20, 2018
I rrreeeaaaalllyyy wanna make music but I can barely concentrate on anything to try and learn.

Reactions: couldntthinkofaname, randomguy, SunSetsForever and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I was an artist and I never pursued it. I was a graphic artist and illustrator at work. I used to like to write too. Creativity comes with its own set of problems and if you don't allow it to be expressed it can lead to mental illness.

Reactions: lv-gras, randomguy and SunSetsForever
SunSetsForever

SunSetsForever

Apr 6, 2018
I surely would like to read them
I will try to publish within the next year, two years tops—my deadline for my bucket list is 5 years, and I need to publish at least three books before I ctb. I feel we sorely need more books pro-choice/antinatalist.
I'll send a recommendation your way once they're out.
Funny, I let a non-suicidal friend read it earlier this year, and they couldn't understand why the characters said, thought, and did things that seemed to them impossible to consider.
"No one thinks like this," they told me. Little did they know, I do. I like to say it is not a book for living people, but for dead people.

Reactions: lv-gras and randomguy
SunSetsForever

SunSetsForever

Apr 6, 2018
I am c/ping this from another thread because I'm too lazy to type it up again:

I USED to do a lot of stuff on photoshop...manipulations, airbrush painting, made a little money editing peoples' photos (family photos where there was something wrong, modeling portfolios, etc) but that was a while ago. I don't really have any artistic "thoughts" or talents anymore. I also used to write halfway decent poetry back in the day. When I CTB I'll post a link to my old DeviantArt if you want to look through more of it.

Here's a few examples (sorry about the black line in the first one; I had a watermark with my screen name that I use just about everywhere that I didn't want to show and I did that one in Gimp (not photoshop) so I didn't have the layers to just delete the layer with the screen name on it):

https://ibb.co/nvtVhz
This one is pure image manipulation.

https://ibb.co/mmKnee
This one is mostly manipulation with a little painting.

https://ibb.co/cSPxUe
This one is one of my favourite pieces; and it's aaaalll airbrush painting (with a few brush exceptions). Again sorry about the painted line I had another screen name watermark

ETA this is one of the first pieces I ever did, in Gimp back in the stone ages when I was running Linux (so we're talking 2005ish) and Gimp was soooo primitive. Now it's essentially a bare-bones, free photoshop (and I haven't a clue how to use it).
https://ibb.co/kZ1Hee
Really like your stuff, Duqu.

Reactions: randomguy and Duqu
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
A couple of months back I was interested in video editing. I thought it was something I could pursue. I was mistaken. I'm frustrated writer/poet. Too many rejections. Failures. I only had one poem published online. Fml.

Reactions: randomguy