• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
Do we ever know if someone has CTB's maybe just so we can pay our respects to their memory?

Someone said that steppingoff had recently CTB'd - is that true?

• Hugs
Reactions: davidtorez, Hotsackage and Oneness
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Most of the time it's assumed they succeeded if a goodbye thread is posted or if they said in chat they were attempting. Sometimes it's confirmed if another member was close enough to have their socials off of the site or look up the obituary

Reactions: davidtorez
darkandtwisty

darkandtwisty

Jul 10, 2024
I came across a thread that listed those who were successful this year and method.

Reactions: davidtorez and Oneness
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Ferrie's answer is right. I mean we can only assume they did after they stop responding post-goodbye thread. In very rare cases it's reported on the news. There's also many that I'm sure ctb without making a goodbye thread. I mean I probably wouldn't do a goodbye thread.

There was a user I was following who happened to live in my city. He ctb'd by train at one of the subway stations in my city and he documented his thoughts beforehand. Twitter confirmed there was a "injury on track level" at the station he was at, which is basically code for a suicide attempt, and it was just after he last posted. It felt surreal due to him being near me and the brutal nature of it all. I wish I'd had a convo with him here.

Reactions: GoatHerder, davidtorez and ferrie
darkandtwisty

darkandtwisty

Jul 10, 2024
Do you have the thread? If you can share it, that would be great
I'm searching for it. I came across it a couple of days ago. I know it was last update July 2nd when I saw it. It shouldn't take me long.

Reactions: RejectMetamorphosis, davidtorez and sometimesoon
S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: davidtorez and Oneness
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I didn't know steppingoff ctb'd :( I remember he was adamant about doing a live video. I hope he has found his peace.

Reactions: davidtorez and sometimesoon
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I did.

This one posting is my old spirit. Just trust me.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I was only ever able to confirm one suicide, a while back, as actually having occured, as there was enough information in their help/goodbye thread to creatively conduct a search and connect their username to an irl name. I'm not going to name this person, but her name has been mentioned in other threads previously. She died by CO poisoning. Most successful ctb's, though, are never confirmed, and all we have to go off of is anecdotal evidence. I think there is a website, the name of which escapes me presently, that did a story on SaSu, which, also, presents a "list" of past SaSu members who have taken their lives. The story is written as an attack against SaSu, though, and the carnage they have inflicted on society.

S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
I was only ever able to confirm one suicide, a while back, as actually having occured, as there was enough information in their help/goodbye thread to creatively conduct a search and connect their username to an irl name. I'm not going to name this person, but her name has been mentioned in other threads previously. She died by CO poisoning. Most successful ctb's, though, are never confirmed, and all we have to go off of is anecdotal evidence. I think there is a website, the name of which escapes me presently, that did a story on SaSu, which, also, presents a "list" of past SaSu members who have taken their lives. The story is written as an attack against SaSu, though, and the carnage they have inflicted on society.

It must be very hard to confirm since no one uses a real name, and you only have broad geographic indicators. And of course, death notices are cryptic about the cause.
I didn't know steppingoff ctb'd :( I remember he was adamant about doing a live video. I hope he has found his peace.

well we will see if there is a video - and if there is - it will be hard to verify it's him.

Reactions: rozeske
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It must be very hard to confirm since no one uses a real name, and you only have broad geographic indicators. And of course, death notices are cryptic about the cause.
The thread in question was very long and went into a lot of detail. The user was having lots of trouble with some of her supplies and another user was offering their assistance to try and help "sort" things out. Throughout the course of the discussion, information was inadvertently revealed, which provided enough detail to "home-in" on a general area of the world, and, as more things were discussed, it became possible to pinpoint an exact locale. A couple weeks after the event, using certain keywords, I was able to find a news story whose details exactly matched those of the SaSu discussion. Others did the same thing, and it was talked about in the forum in multiple threads. Really, it wasn't that difficult because of the depth of the conversation in the thread.

I think the best thing we can all do now is let this tortured person rest in peace.

S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
The thread in question was very long and went into a lot of detail. The user was having lots of trouble with some of her supplies and another user was offering their assistance to try and help "sort" things out. Throughout the course of the discussion, information was inadvertently revealed, which provided enough detail to "home-in" on a general area of the world, and, as more things were discussed, it became possible to pinpoint an exact locale. A couple weeks after the event, using certain keywords, I was able to find a news story whose details exactly matched those of the SaSu discussion. Others did the same thing, and it was talked about in the forum in multiple threads. Really, it wasn't that difficult because of the depth of the conversation in the thread.

I think the best thing we can all do now is let this tortured person rest in peace.
I agree

Reactions: davidtorez and locked*n*loaded
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
It's hard to know for sure, unless there is a media article or something.

There's a couple a week, I usually just wish them well and rest in peace. Never know if they were serious or not.

Reactions: davidtorez, sometimesoon and Edpal247
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Back when I first joined there were several confirmed by obituaries.

S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
It's hard to know for sure, unless there is a media article or something.

There's a couple a week, I usually just wish them well and rest in peace. Never know if they were serious or not.
Do you really think there are a couple of CTBs a week? I am sure it's hard to tell but that does seem like quite a few.

I did note the list of goodbye threads and methods. Given that hanging is the most common form of suicide worldwide, I was surprised how few were listed. I think poisoning and guns are the next levels

S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
apparently I am told he CTB'd about a week ago

• Aww..
Reactions: davidtorez and rozeske
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Some users confide in another user, their real name and place of residence.
That's the only way you can be absolutely sure they aren't here anymore.

The rest is indeed assumed.

Personally I can confirm the passing of 9 people.

• Love
Reactions: IwantHappiness, davidtorez and sometimesoon
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think, at best, you can only assume based off goodbye threads. What scares me is that I don't fully know whether somebody has successfully killed themselves after posting a goodbye thread or if they failed to kill themselves and ended up in a state where they can't even use SS

Reactions: Sylveon and davidtorez
L

lilmisswbd2cbt

Jul 12, 2024
I think, at best, you can only assume based off goodbye threads. What scares me is that I don't fully know whether somebody has successfully killed themselves after posting a goodbye thread or if they failed to kill themselves and ended up in a state where they can't even use SS
I agree! I wish them all peace and am increasingly nervous that after they post a goodbye thread they were unsuccessful and sustained significant damage and are in a [mental] hospital :(

Reactions: GoatHerder
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Well we have the identities of bereaved loved ones of some former members to go off of. I doubt the majority of them would have any reason to lie specifically about their loved ones dying. They do tend to lie about how much this site is to blame though.

Reactions: GoatHerder and sometimesoon