• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

UpsidedownStar

UpsidedownStar

Mar 29, 2020
Hey. Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of procedures/investigations cops do when a suicide occurs.

My family knows I suffer from depression and all that fun stuff. I think they'll try to look into it, but I don't want anyone to find out my online accounts or such. I plan on locking up my laptop or wiping it, then logging out of my online accounts and then delete my search histories.

Dunno if this sounds excessive though. I just don't want my death to cause any more complications than necessary.

Reactions: Disco Biscuit
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
If it is a definite suicide, usually there is no reason to investigate unless there is some suspicion or foul play suspected.

I lost someone due to suicide and it was cut and dry. There was no need to look into it.

Reactions: Meditation guide
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
You could either remove the hard drive and soak it in water, break it and throw it away in some out of the way spot, or throw out the entire laptop someplace after wiping it where it can't be found. You can first run over it with the tires of your car several times.

Can't they still look up your internet activity thru your internet provider regardless if the device is destroyed? There is no privacy in 2020.

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Suicides are investigated, if only to rule out foul play.

Reactions: XYZ and Homecoming
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Can't they still look up your internet activity thru your internet provider regardless if the device is destroyed? There is no privacy in 2020.
I wonder how far back they go... if it's been a year or two since posting on this site for instance, would they catch it?

D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
They can going back 6 years I think. I doubt they would do this just for a suicide though.

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I don't know about police in the USA, but here in Australia they do investigate it to work out how you did it, motives, that sort of thing.

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It all depends on your state and town. It's completely up to the local sherrif or police if they want to or not.
If you are a known drug addict or homeless for example probably no way they would investigate.

Suicide? Or murder:
Jessica renee johnson hanging photo
I think the position of the body looks suspicious.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: UpsidedownStar and Homecoming
D

Donewiyhitall

Sep 5, 2020
If it is a definite suicide, usually there is no reason to investigate unless there is some suspicion or foul play suspected.

I lost someone due to suicide and it was cut and dry. There was no need to look into it.
Same here. OP, maybe wipe any password saver/servers?