Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

So much for stardust...
Oct 1, 2023
For a lot of my life, I've put my needs below the needs of others. I have an extremely difficult time saying "no" to someone, and I've prided myself in the past on my willingness to help someone if they need it. Most people I know/knew took advantage of that, and would throw me away the moment I stopped being useful to them.

The only time anyone would want to talk to me or associate with me was if they wanted something from me. Whether it was money, favors, or simply an ear because none of their actual friends were available. This is hardly ever reciprocated, because I guess I'm too difficult a person to deal with. No one's ever liked me for me, they only like what I can do for them.

What about everyone else? How do the people in your life see you? Do you have people in your life who truly care about you, or do they only see you as a means to an end?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: esthe, sserafim, Sannti and 3 others
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
People pleasers like you and I attract predators 🫂 I promise you the world isn't all like that, it's just that we see more of the bad crowd.

• Hugs
Reactions: AllFoxedOut and Chr0nicAnhedonic
Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

So much for stardust...
Oct 1, 2023
People pleasers like you and I attract predators 🫂 I promise you the world isn't all like that, it's just that we see more of the bad crowd.
I want to believe you, I do. I've just been burned by so many people that it's difficult for me to think that there's anyone out there who isn't like this. Hell, in a way, I'm like this too.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and AllFoxedOut
S

sadnurse

Student
Nov 2, 2021
Yep I can't say no and I'm a people pleaser with men … my guy always borrows money and does t pay me back and he disrespects me during sex and hits me 😢😢😢😢😢

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: snowcloud9, Sannti, AllFoxedOut and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm very isolated, so I don't have people around me to do that. In the past though, it has happened. I'm very self centred now to be honest. I don't really like that quality in me but, I don't all together feel guilty about it either. I think I realised fairly early on that I was on my own in a lot of respects. I try not to rely on others and I guess they don't on me. Seems a fair deal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, sserafim and AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
I have been, yeah. Not by the friends I currently have (all of them from SaSu), but all my previous ones, including my ex-girlfriend, used me. Either for money, food, company, and even more. I don't talk to any of them anymore. Not by choice, but they all cut me out. Now I'm forgotten.

I am grateful for my new friends though. Both the ones who've passed and the ones who are currently alive. But who knows what the future holds, maybe I'll be used again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chr0nicAnhedonic
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Become useless like me and you won't be used.

Reactions: Skathon, sserafim, Hunter2005 and 1 other person
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
I easily get taken advantage of. I'm always too honest in social interactions and assume people have good intentions. So many times when I think I've helped someone it leaves me drained because I've actually given too much of myself with nothing in return. It's only years later that I realise in some cases that people have probably used deception on me to make me help them, when I was always genuine with them.

I only wish I could be genuine with someone and not have it used against me. But such is human nature. I just avoid people now where I can to limit the damage. If I do get taken advantage of I just have to accept that is my nature and personality and try not to blame myself to much, which I inevitably do.

Reactions: sserafim
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
I want to believe you, I do. I've just been burned by so many people that it's difficult for me to think that there's anyone out there who isn't like this. Hell, in a way, I'm like this too.
Within the 15-20 people I've spent time regularly with last year, I've befriended only 2 that I trust and who stick by me regardless of what's in it for them. And since I'm suicidal and manic, so there's not much in it for them. It's rare, but it does happen. Most people tend to ditch if I have an episode though.