I

ihavenothingleft

Jul 30, 2023
I haven't ordered sn but was looking in to it.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
The police won't come and harass you just for looking up things on the internet. If you've said or done something that really worried a family member or someone else in a position to know you, it's possible that they'd call the police and ask them to do a welfare check on you.

Since you mention the Samaritans I assume you're in the UK, which is not where I'm from. Are there any organizations over there that explain exactly what police can require you to do, and what they can't? Like if they want to come into your house and look around, or if they ask you to unlock your phone so they can see what's on it, are you required to let them? You might feel less anxious about the possibility of a welfare check if you knew what your rights as a citizen are.

A

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mar 20, 2024
From the gov.uk website:

"A Police welfare check is the act of a police officer attending to ascertain the welfare of an individual or individuals, either in their place of residence or a public place.

Welfare checks typically involve a partner agency or member of the public asking the police to attend and check on someone. In these circumstances, the powers for the police to intervene are extremely limited in all but the most urgent of circumstances. This is particularly the case when the person in question is inside a private address, but also applies when the person is in a public place.

The only powers of entry or detention exist purely in emergency situations. "

persimmon

persimmon

Student
Jan 21, 2024
I've always dreaded the welfare check as I'm an incredibly bad liar. Me pretending all is well - pfffft.