Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
I think they're just jealous because the suicidal person has escaped this hell.

Reactions: not4us and TimeToBiteTheDust
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
This may be the case for some, particularly if they've undergone much pain in their life and don't see suicide as an option, for whatever reason. I also think it's because it dramatically challenges their worldview; many think of suicide as inconceivable because life, in the vast majority of cases, is perceived as preferable towards death. To see someone make a decision that is diametrically opposed to that is frightening because life seems uncertain now, a question to be answered rather than the sole answer itself. What they hold onto so dearly may be, in some contexts and cases, not something to hold onto at all.

Reactions: ihatemylife, Lost in a Dream, TAW122 and 1 other person
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I don't think it's because of jealousy. I don't think pro-lifers are smart enough to comprehend the fact that some people go through so much pain they can't live another day. As harsh as that sounds I don't understand how they don't see our point of view.

Reactions: rhiino, Bct and coppervomit
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I don't think people are jealous. Jealousy implies they couldn't have the same.

Most people's worst fear is death. I'd hazard a guess that most people are afraid of death, or are simply strongly in favour of living.

Any good person who cares will react with compassion and caring. Those with a political bent on the matter aren't worth caring about anyway.

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
They think we're the cowards but they don't know how much it takes to move past SI and ctb.
They think we don't care about the effects that the event will have on our families but for some of it's the greatest barrier.
They think that we're doing it to be selfish, only caring about ourselves but they don't know how long we've been fighting.

idk man, i think it's pure ignorance.

• Love
Reactions: doomedtoroam, ihatemylife, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
It reminded me of this..

"Dead" people mourned.
"Escaped" a depressed soul laughed!

I agree with @ceasetobreathe03 , its pure ignorance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Despondent
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Personally, someone was angry to me at social media because my suicidal thoughts were triggering her anxiety, but I didn't know about that until I read her posts on another social media. Would be nice if she just talked about that to me instead of just lashed out while pretending to care about my mental health.

Reactions: SpottedPanda
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
It shatters their narrow minded world view of life being a precious gift. Most regular people are only resilient when their lives are somewhat convenient and the pretty picture they have of the world is maintained. Anything "negative" that goes against that belief is extremely off putting to them and they can't deal with it psychologically even if is reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: ihatemylife and Close_to_freedom
W

Whatsthepointanyway

May 14, 2020
My older sister CTB'd when I was 16. It's fucked me up for life which is why I now find myself on these forums. At the time I remember feeling so hurt that she didn't try and work through her problems. She didn't care enough about me to exhaust every possible option. That was what made me angry. Of course you're going to feel anger towards someone that causes you so much pain.

That anger soon turned to guilt. Why wasn't I there for her? Why didn't I do more? I've carried that with me for 11 years. The death of my father means that I now have nobody left that I can hurt through my death. Hence you find me on these forums.

But I can assure you, it's not jealousy.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, TAW122 and SpottedPanda
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think it's because of partly guilt and also the indoctrination of pro-life values when they were young, by their parents, media, school, authority figures, etc., then when their worldview (A just world, a beautiful life, how life is superior to death, suicide is a result of mental illness, etc.) is shattered, it sends their mindset into chaos so their response is anger and criticism. I'd like to think the quote "You can't handle the truth!" said by Jessup really applies here, even if that is a stretch. It appears that most people (mass populace of NPCs (Non-Player Characters, or Normies some may wish to call them) like to be told what they 'want to hear' rather than what is 'the truth'. If you tell them 'the truth' (aka life sucks, life is meaningless, life is full of suffering, life is not fair, etc.) they lose it because it shatters their fantasy, delusional worldview of how great life is.

Some could claim that religion and the concept of a 'God' is conceived because there is no meaning to life and the aversion towards death, so humankind/mankind decided to invent the concepts and put them to practice as an 'response to death. Most religions are very anti-death and emphasize the afterlife as a cope towards the meaninglessness of life and existence, but I digress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bct
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I think they're just jealous because the suicidal person has escaped this hell.
I see it that way but I am not jealous. I admire people who commit suicide. This place is hell. Full of shitty people. I'm glad this site gives me some comfort.