Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
It seems most adults have aborted their inner child and have become grumpy grumps.

Reactions: Pluto, Forever Sleep, Source Energy and 2 others
HelloReaper

HelloReaper

Apr 21, 2023
Time makes us all bitter.

Reactions: RedHotRage and Source Energy
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
for my partner's case, he wants the experience of raising a human being that came from him and the person he loves. he admits that it's just that, and that it may be irrational, but he still wants it, anyway.

i don't think his inner child has been aborted or anything like that. he's a very happy person, the type who sings aloud in the car shamelessly, creates music, watches childish cartoon shows the likes of Barbie or whatnot with me, loves video games...

i wish i wanted a child as much as he did, but this is one thing i can't do for him, and he assures me it's fine, but it brings me guilt and a kind of sorrow to know that i'm robbing him the happy experiences he would get out of being a father. i used to be so proud and arrogant about my antinatalist views, but somedays now i wish i never opened my eyes. i--we--would be happier if i were a sheep.

Last edited:
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I like this way of seeing things. Not the title, but the post itself. A lot really have.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Children represent fun and enjoyment, and enjoyment for the sake of it in adulthood is considered immature by some people (not me). So by removing your "inner child", as you put it, you are purging immaturity.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
endofafoxtwo

endofafoxtwo

silly red fox guy
May 1, 2023
for my partner's case, he wants the experience of raising a human being that came from him and the person he loves. he admits that it's just that, and that it may be irrational, but he still wants it, anyway.

i don't think his inner child has been aborted or anything like that. he's a very happy person, the type who sings aloud in the car shamelessly, creates music, watches childish cartoon shows the likes of Barbie or whatnot with me, loves video games...

i wish i wanted a child as much as he did, but this is one thing i can't do for him, and he assures me it's fine, but it brings me guilt and a kind of sorrow to know that i'm robbing him the happy experiences he would get out of being a father. i used to be so proud and arrogant about my antinatalist views, but somedays now i wish i never opened my eyes. i--we--would be happier if i were a sheep.
For what its worth, having a child could actually be a good idea if you are strong enough to be a good mother. I have known animals that were very old or sick, death's doorstep, that did a 180 when they had a child to take care of.
Remember; you CAN do better than your parents.

uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
For what its worth, having a child could actually be a good idea if you are strong enough to be a good mother. I have known animals that were very old or sick, death's doorstep, that did a 180 when they had a child to take care of.
Remember; you CAN do better than your parents.
thanks. but im not. im also antinatalist. i am determined to ctb one day. i cannot traumatize a child like that, or trap myself in a situation where i cannot ctb at all.