snowflakebreeze

snowflakebreeze

learning to fly
Aug 27, 2020
So, it's been a while. A month ago, I ordered my SN from the well-known crafting site. And it just arrived a couple days ago.
It really is a weird feeling, having this innocent-looking, tiny bottle of potentially deadly poison sitting on my nightstand. I never felt more relieved. Almost happy-ish. Soon-to-be free.
Anyways, I've read a few threads regarding testing SN (blood test / aquarium test). I was wondering whether it is generally recommended to test your SN or just when in doubt? I ordered from the russian vendor (c***y). My bottle is still sealed up with a blue tape, but it looks legit, I guess? Any advice, please?

Reactions: sadworld
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I don't know the product you've ordered. Have others here confirmed it's potency? Do you trust them and the vendor? Personally, I did get myself an aquarium test kit just to make sure. Logically though it should be the real thing. It's used in meat curing on a regular basis and it's inexpensive, thus it doesn't really make sense to sell a phony product to scam the odd suicidal customer. Some say it's fine to open it and seal it again without it notably deteriorating. Again, that makes sense in the context of it's normal use. I'll wait for the day though to open and test it.

Reactions: snowflakebreeze
Starchaser

Starchaser

Student
Oct 8, 2019
I don't know the product you've ordered. Have others here confirmed it's potency? Do you trust them and the vendor? Personally, I did get myself an aquarium test kit just to make sure. Logically though it should be the real thing. It's used in meat curing on a regular basis and it's inexpensive, thus it doesn't really make sense to sell a phony product to scam the odd suicidal customer. Some say it's fine to open it and seal it again without it notably deteriorating. Again, that makes sense in the context of it's normal use. I'll wait for the day though to open and test it.
How is the "aquarium test"? Sorry my ignorance

AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
you probably should unless it's from a reputable vendor or direct from a manufacturer

like if you got your stuff from etsy or ebay or amazon or something, yes I'd probably test it

Reactions: nobiuobi and sadworld
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I don't think it would hurt to try. If you are concerned about unsealing the bottle and exposing the contents to temperature and humidity, try testing it closer to the date you intend to use it. If there is no date yet, leave it be until you do.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
How is the "aquarium test"? Sorry my ignorance

You can get them from ama and the like. Haven't used it myself yet, so clueless as well, but you can test water samples for NaNo2. It's deadly to fish and one of many toxic agents which build up over time in an aquarium. So, in our case we contaminate distilled water with our SN and providing it is what it says it is the test kit will confirm it by colour code. They cost less than 10x and for overall peace of mind I'd say it's worth it.

These posts do a better job of explaining it:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-test-poland-vendor.41693/page-2
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-an-aquarium-testing-kit-rough-version.18188/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/testing-my-sn-using-the-aquarium-testing-strips.31522/

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yeah i would recommend testing it, or you can search for someone that has bought the same product and already tested it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, snowflakebreeze and voyager
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'd test it no matter what.

I believe it was for N but still..... I think there's a vendor that use to be reputable and now people here are looking at them with a crooked eye. Point it its always better safe than sorry.

Reactions: snowflakebreeze and voyager
snowflakebreeze

snowflakebreeze

learning to fly
Aug 27, 2020
Sorry for replying so late. I've been very busy lately. Trying to pretend that everything's fine and performing good at my job on one hand, and gradually sorting out my affairs on the other hand, is such an exhausting process that I feel too tired to keep up with social interactions at the end of the day.

Sometimes, I may feel too tired to answer you, but I always read and think about it. And I'd like to thank all of you for your opinions and suggestions.

In the meantime I ordered an SN testing kit, which was delivered yesterday. I'm planning on testing my SN tomorrow and sharing the results afterwards.

I've read the "SN aquarium purity testing" thread including the formulas. I used to be good at numbers and chemistry stuff, but it's been awhile and I'm afraid of screwing up. I'd love someone to double check my numbers.

I'm going to use 2x 0.5 L bottles.
The test's range is 0-5 mg, with color indicators at 1, 2 and 5.
I'm going to aim for 2 in the first test and 5 in the second.
I figured that 1.0 g of SN should be fine.
According to this formula
t = (tc * v1 * v2) / w
I'm calculating
(0.002 * 500 * 500) / 1000 = 0.5
So, I need to extract 0.5 ml, right?