• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024
i got zofran, but im wondering if its enough

Reactions: davidtorez
nymb

nymb

scumbag
Jun 25, 2024
it is not a dopamine receptor agonist. not gonna work very well about vomitting

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Zofran can be helpful as it's a 5-HT3 (serotonin) antagonist & there is some serotonin receptor activity associated with GI irritation. It doesn't replace meto though. Meto is a dopamine antagonist, and dopamine receptors are more important when talking about nausea & vomiting from GI irritation. Some people choose to take Zofran as a complement to meto, but Zofran on its own will not be as strong as meto

• Informative
Reactions: davidtorez, Alexei_Kirillov, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 2 others
K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024
Zofran can be helpful as it's a 5-HT3 (serotonin) antagonist & there is some serotonin receptor activity associated with GI irritation. It doesn't replace meto though. Meto is a dopamine antagonist, and dopamine receptors are more important when talking about nausea & vomiting from GI irritation. Some people choose to take Zofran as a complement to meto, but Zofran on its own will not be as strong as meto
do i have a high chance to fail if i only take zofran

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
do i have a high chance to fail if i only take zofran
I can't say for certain. Some people succeed without an AE at all. All I know is that you're more likely to vomit if you only take Zofran

K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024
I can't say for certain. Some people succeed without an AE at all. All I know is that you're more likely to vomit if you only take Zofran
thank you

Reactions: davidtorez and ferrie
D

dying flower

Jan 6, 2024
Do you think that taking Zofran with some thing like ginger would work? It's just that l have read about ginger being some what of an ae

N3UR0T1C

N3UR0T1C

CTB Today
Jul 13, 2019
Zofran is not a dopamine agonist, therefore it will not prevent the poison vomiting reflex. It won't change your chances of success versus just taking no AE.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Do you think that taking Zofran with some thing like ginger would work? It's just that l have read about ginger being some what of an ae
Short answer: Ginger may help with some side effects with nausea, but I don't believe it would have any significant impact on the chances of vomiting with SN. Zofran may have some impact, but it won't be nearly as effective as a dopamine antagonist.

Long answer: Ginger's method of action as an antiemetic isn't direct like a medication like Zofran or meto. It works peripherally to increase gastric tone and motility & may increase gastric emptying. It's anticholinergic and antiserotonergic, but it doesn't work directly on the CTZ. Ginger's great at helping relieve nausea for some people, but from a biological standpoint I don't think it's a strong enough antiemetic to prevent vomiting from severe gastrointestinal tract irritation like what happens with SN. Taking an excessive amount of salt like SN causes GI irritation that then sets off the dopamine receptors of the CTZ which triggers the vomiting reflex, which is why a dopamine antagonist AE is strongly encouraged. Ginger will do nothing to directly counteract this process, so it won't help prevent vomiting. Adding it to Zofran doesn't do anything to increase the effectiveness of either. The best choice at the end of the day is a dopamine antagonist

• Informative
Reactions: dying flower, davidtorez, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024
Zofran is not a dopamine agonist, therefore it will not prevent the poison vomiting reflex. It won't change your chances of success versus just taking no AE.
i feel like yall just get on here and say stuff without doing your own research, zofran does help with anti-vomitting, its espeically used in chemotherapy so paitents dont vomit, domapine blockers dont automatically mean the only ones that prevent vomiting, serotionin blockers also has to do with the GI track

N3UR0T1C

N3UR0T1C

CTB Today
Jul 13, 2019
i feel like yall just get on here and say stuff without doing your own research, zofran does help with anti-vomitting, its espeically used in chemotherapy so paitents dont vomit, domapine blockers dont automatically mean the only ones that prevent vommiting
You're the one who came to ask. That suggestion is the culmination of quite a bit of research done on this site by many users. If you think you know better, than disregard everything and do what you want.

K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024
You're the one who came to ask. That suggestion is the culmination of quite a bit of research done on this site by many users. If you think you know better, than disregard everything and do what you want.
i asked yesterday, got answers and also did my own research, theres even threads on this site, that i found AFTER i posted this about zofran being enough for an AE, some even say the best

nymb

nymb

scumbag
Jun 25, 2024
we dont say it does not gonna work, we trying to say it's not gonna be effective as dopamine receptor agonists

cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
i got zofran, but im wondering if its enough
Zofran / ondansetron might work on its own.

But see if you can get some kind of OTC dopamine antagonist.

There is a huge thread of what are the alternatives. Combine it with zofran and you are set good.

Most of the dopamine antagonist also seem to help with gastric emptying. Which will increase potentiation of the SN.

K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024
Zofran / ondansetron might work on its own.

But see if you can get some kind of OTC dopamine antagonist.

There is a huge thread of what are the alternatives. Combine it with zofran and you are set good.

Most of the dopamine antagonist also seem to help with gastric emptying. Which will increase potentiation of the SN.
serotonin antagonists can also help with gastric emptying

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Ginger's great at helping relieve nausea for some people, but from a biological standpoint I don't think it's a strong enough antiemetic to prevent vomiting from severe gastrointestinal tract irritation like what happens with SN.
Can confirm, I tried to poison myself with a plant fertilizer using ginger as an antiemetic and it was essentially useless, I threw up within 5 minutes.

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36