• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Fennec123

Fennec123

Nov 26, 2022
I have a will back in my home country, but it's now woefully out of date (it mentions a property i no longer own etc). But in the country where I emigrated to 5 years ago, I have no will at all (I'm still not a citizen of this new country either).

If i leave a note saying something like "please distribute my belongings to XYZ" does that have any worth? Or will it simply be dismissed?

I guess i'm not too bothered, just curious really

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
No I don't think so. No legal standing. They can follow your wish or ignore it.

P.S. guess it might vary from country to country, though

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000 and Pluto
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You should ask a lawyer / notary in your country. And without telling us where live (ofc you don't have to!) it's impossible to give an accurate answer to your question. It seems that also international inheritance law is applicable here.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
If you have any serious money, I'd see a lawyer and do it right.

A suicide note is very unlikely to pass a test of being written in sound mind. I suspect they are completely ignored for giving out last wishes.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Hand written suicide notes could give your loved ones a guidance on what you wanted but I highly doubt it will have any legal ground. This of course could depend on where you are.