Kino_

Kino_

Aug 29, 2023
By dream, I don't mean a career which is what most people tend to think. By dream, I mean to ask if any of you have something that you really want to do in life.

For me, and as dumb as it may sound, I really want to climb a huge mountain. It's been on my mind for years now, and I can't explain why.

There's just something special about it. The arduous and lonely journey to the top. The feeling of accomplishment when you reach the peak. The realisation that at this moment, the only person that is existing is you. The feeling of truly being "on top of the world". The ability to cry out. To sit and look at the beauty around you. To have a moment of peace.

To me, it's a metaphor for overcoming the issues, the people, and the life that for some inexplicable reason is hell-bent on keeping me miserable.

The irony is that I won't really be overcoming anything. That my dream is objectively meaningless. That eventually I will have to return to the bottom once again. But at the very least, the feeling at the moment would be nice and calming.

What about you all? I'd like to hear of your dreams.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Freyja13, insanovty, sserafim and 6 others
strawberry_lemons

strawberry_lemons

Feel free to contact me <3
Aug 29, 2023
i want to finsh a book and have at least one person see it, i want to have something that can forever hold my name and show off who i was and my skills thats no one cared to notice. i dream to never be forgotten

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél, not_telling, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Kino_

Kino_

Aug 29, 2023
i want to finsh a book and have at least one person see it, i want to have something that can forever hold my name and show off who i was and my skills thats no one cared to notice. i dream to never be forgotten
Do you have any current works? I'd love to read them.

strawberry_lemons

strawberry_lemons

Aug 29, 2023
Do you have any current works? I'd love to read them.
i mostly make poems and some fanfiction haha but i can pm you the like to a doc with two of my poems?

strawberry_lemons

strawberry_lemons

Aug 29, 2023
I don't know why, but I can't do that either... It could be a new user thing

well i suppose i can share it here haha no harm

• Love
Reactions: not_telling
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I dream that I go to sleep and never wake up.

Reactions: peace_van, natthebrat, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Kino_

Kino_

Aug 29, 2023

well i suppose i can share it here haha no harm
Interesting. Both narrators have very different perceptions of the ocean. I'd like to interpret it as the second being a prequel to the first.

I recommend you go through the second again though to fix any grammatical mistakes. I feel like, if done correctly, it would bring more emphasis and clarity for the reader.

Reactions: not_telling
strawberry_lemons

strawberry_lemons

Aug 29, 2023
Interesting. Both narrators have very different perceptions of the ocean. I'd like to interpret it as the second being a prequel to the first.

I recommend you go through the second again though to fix any grammatical mistakes. I feel like, if done correctly, it would bring more emphasis and clarity for the reader.
yes the second was my first major poem ive been thinking of editing it for awhile now haha

Reactions: Kino_
Kino_

Kino_

Aug 29, 2023
I dream that I go to sleep and never wake up
I can imagine how peaceful that would be. Until then, I hope you have nice dreams whenever you sleep and good days when you're awake.

• Love
Reactions: Freyja13
imissmykitten

imissmykitten

heart rot
May 7, 2023
I have a few, but I wanted to bring up something related to what you said about wanting to climb a mountain. I get attached to ideas that sounds kind of dumb, like climbing trees or running in the forest.

Ever since I was a teenager, I have wrote and thought about forests. I can't go to the forest on my own for multiple reasons, so this is why to me it is a dream, and a big part of it is wanting to climb trees lol

• Love
Reactions: Freyja13, not_telling, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Kino_

Kino_

Aug 29, 2023
I have a few, but I wanted to bring up something related to what you said about wanting to climb a mountain. I get attached to ideas that sounds kind of dumb, like climbing trees or running in the forest.

Ever since I was a teenager, I have wrote and thought about forests. I can't go to the forest on my own for multiple reasons, so this is why to me it is a dream, and a big part of it is wanting to climb trees lol
I can't climb trees that well because ironically I have a fear of heights lol. But I can see the fulfillment and accomplishment associated with it. I don't know your circumstances, but the more I'm thinking about it, the more it bothers me. I truly hope you can visit a forest on your own someday. It's an incredible experience exploring the nature around you, away from civilization. Just don't forget about bug spray...

• Love
Reactions: not_telling and imissmykitten
I

I'mdone77

Aug 27, 2023
Other than the obvious desire to ctb, I'd like to move somewhere more quieter and more intune with nature. Maybe work a dead end night shift job to pay for a studio w/amenities in a quiet town of 5k or less.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kino_
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I dream that all die in my sleep hope in happens

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, I'mdone77 and Kino_
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I had many dreams but after a big failure a few years ago my only dream is CTB (preferably falling into eternal sleep at night, a natural death, but that's unlikely) bc that would be the least painful way for family and friends.

• Hugs
dead-yaga

dead-yaga

muddy moon
Oct 24, 2020
my dream was to not die alone but my partner passed n april

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu and Kino_
I

I'mdone77

Aug 27, 2023
Of course. I had plenty of dreams. Plenty of things I wanted to be. I want to be a soldier. I wanted to study chemistry. I wanted to live a peaceful and quiet life thereafter. One by one my dreams were shattered by circumstances outside of my control. Now I lay in bed all day dreaming of what could have been. I often blame myself for things that aren't really my fault. What if there wasnt a pandemic and classes weren't cancelled, preventing me from continuing my chemistry studies? What if I wasn't abused as a child by teachers, staff, parents and extended family, leading me to take meds and disqualify me from the military? What if my parents never divorced when I was young? What if the starts themselves aligned to give me a life that wasn't as bad as this?

• Hugs
Reactions: natthebrat and Kino_
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
I dream of a peaceful death under my own control and for peace of mind that my affairs will be taken care of and everything I worked myself to death will go to 2 people i care about who live halfway across the world.

• Hugs
Shin_Q753811

Shin_Q753811

An Epidemic of Absence
Sep 9, 2023
I always dreamt of spending a couple of days in the middle of some desert, horizon that stretches for tens of kilometres with nothing in sight. Finally being able to see how the night sounds like, and how the sky looks without all the humans, artificial lights etc. around.

• Hugs
MulherSatanás

MulherSatanás

Born Ugly
Sep 10, 2023
My biggest dream is to be a successful drummer or guitarist. I want to be part of bands, I want to be recognized for my work... in general, I want someone to think I'm important and like me the same way I like my favorite artists. The idea of joining a band, having fun, making music, performing... man, I don't know how to put into words how happy this makes me. Must be amazing. I actually wanted to do this when I was still young, so when I'm older, I can revisit these moments that would certainly be very special.

• Hugs
Reactions: natthebrat and Kino_
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Falling into eternal sleep and embracing the void immune to all harm is my dream.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kino_ and not_telling
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i have big dreams i imagine my self being a god and all the things i could do like create a even better universe

• Hugs
Reactions: Kino_ and MulherSatanás
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I always wanted to swim in a river or a lake. I think in reality, I'd be too scared though... and too cold and too much of a wuss to walk over rocks/stones to get there.

You should try and achieve your mountain dream though. I went on a walking trip once to the top of Great Gable in the Lake District (UK.) More like a small hill in comparison to what you want to do but- it was beautiful.

• Hugs
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
I think the only dream I have that doesn't involve a career or death is of living many lives. I mean like, try and see the world through eyes of every different context. I want to fight in a war, camp out in the middle of a rainforest, try to live off the streets as long as possible before getting sent to a hospital, etc. If I do manage to get a career that pays off, I want to use my money to complete those dreams, however I can. Perspective changes everything, who knows what could become of me? Maybe I'll find the joy that is missing. I guess another dream would be to be happy in this existence.

• Hugs
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I do not know if this counts as a good dream, but every once in a while, when my mind quiets down, I dream of living out the time I may have left in a simple cabin deep in the wilderness, with a simple sleeping setup, a wood fire stove, a table with books, and a decent bow, with no people for miles.

A place so far in the wilderness that snow and rain are collected for water; anything else has to be hunted or brought in on snowmobile.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Kino_
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
My dream is to travel the world and go to UAE, Egypt, Israel, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, and many more. There are still so many countries which I haven't been to.

I want to see the northern lights. They would look so beautiful, shimmering across the sky and making it dazzle with radiant light.

I also want to be in a tranquil snowy forest, where I can be alone from the world. I want to see the sun shine on the snow one last time, making it shimmer like diamonds and glitter. I want to feel the crunch of the powdery snow underneath my feet again.

I also want to experience the vastness of the unforgiving, harsh desert, and see the heatwaves across shimmering sand dunes, which would be shifted when the wind blows.

I also want to be alone in the woods or on a misty mountaintop, far away from the rest of society. Just me and my thoughts, and maybe my dog as well. I'll do that after I'm done traveling the world.

I also want to fall asleep and never wake up. Wouldn't it be nice to be asleep forever, in a peaceful slumber, an eternal sleep. Life is so tiring and exhausting and sleep is the only solace I have.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: peace_van and Kino_
FallenDown

FallenDown

Waiting for something…?
Aug 26, 2023
I'd like to start an animation project with some of my friends :D