Busoccupant

Busoccupant

Aug 18, 2020
I have a problem.

It may be hard to find an antiemetic to go ahead with SN. After reading Stan's guide it says that antipsychotics work as antiemetics and there's also a list of them in that guide.
Well, it turns out that my psycho gave me ABILIFY (aripiprazole) months ago and I have an entire bottle still to be opened (I never used it cause it wouldn't be the first time I try for nothing)

Does somebody know whether it also works as an antiemetic? As I can see, it turns out to be a new antipshychotic available at the market but I don't know about its effects.
In case it works, how should I administrate it? Cause 1) It's liquid and 2) Its effects aren't seen until a long-term period (just like all the antipshychotics, but I would be starting taking it for the first time)

I know it's complicate to know this stuff, but please if someone knows I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you so much, I really need to escape this world as soon as possible.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nymph
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Anti-emetics are PRNs (take as needed) and work right away, relatively speaking. Anti-d's take weeks in the bloodstream to have any effect.

Can antidepressants and antipsychotics work as AEs PRN?

Reactions: Busoccupant
Busoccupant

Busoccupant

Aug 18, 2020
Anti-emetics are PRNs (take as needed) and work right away, relatively speaking. Anti-d's take weeks in the bloodstream to have any effect.

Can antidepressants and antipsychotics work as AEs PRN?

Exactly, that's what I'm asking. If I'm not taking antipsychotics durings weeks or so it won't have an antiemetic effect neither.

Reactions: Deleted member 18655
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Aripiprazole is a dopamine-stabilizer, so should work as an AE as well. I've been reading some articles and it seems to work in the same way as olanzapine, risperidone, and others.

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

Reactions: Busoccupant
Busoccupant

Busoccupant

Aug 18, 2020
Aripiprazole is a dopamine-stabilizer, so should work as an AE as well. I've been reading some articles and it seems to work in the same way as olanzapine, risperidone, and others.

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

Thank you so much. In that case I'm going to take it from now on and wish that it works when the moment comes.

Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
Aripiprazole works in a bit differently to the anti-psychotics listed on Stan's guide. As I understand it works as both an agonist and an antagonist. While the listed anti-psychotics block dopamine, Aripiprazole functions in such a way that it raises dopamine when dopamine levels are low and lowers dopamine levels when they are high.
I am hesitant to even reply to this thread because I am no expert in how it works but I thought you should be aware that the answer is complicated.

Reactions: Deleted member 18655
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I am hesitant to even reply to this thread because I am no expert in how it works but I thought you should be aware that the answer is complicated.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! :heart:

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I believe the key is if it's a beta blocker. Don't quote me on that.

Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I believe the key is if it's a beta blocker.
Dopamine blocker*
You would take a beta blocker to prevent tachycardia that occurs after consuming SN.

Reactions: alexit and Deleted member 18655
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Dopamine blocker*
You would take a beta blocker to prevent tachycardia that occurs after consuming SN.
Right. The AE is to prevent vomiting the SN. This is the Holy Grail for me...

Reactions: alexit