• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Arbie

Jul 20, 2019
I came here...to these rooms, for the same reasons many of you have found yourself part of this community.
I read all the rules, I read many posts before I felt safe enough to share my thoughts.
One post I made, I was basically told the information I was posting to help someone else, was useless and outdated.
Yesterday , I threw out a random thought on methods....was publicly told that my thread should be deleted just because it was so stupid and it was making any member angry just reading it.
Is this really how these boards are operated?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AutumnEmbers, Deleted member 4288, Circles and 6 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
The forum is normally helpful and supportive, but recently some very stressful stuff has been happening. That plus large numbers of newcomers has made people anxious, suspicious and sometimes unfriendly. A lot of us are very sorry about that.

I'll try to find the threads you're talking about and can maybe be more specific after I read them.

Reactions: Circles, Alchemist, lilyeehaw and 4 others
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I never used to 'Ignore" ... I have begun to now .

I may change my mind - but sometimes the snark and bad manners is just not worth entertaining .

Like I say , I may change my mind , but I can get 'attitude' anywhere and THIS is not the place for any of that IMO .

( I do kind of 'miss' the 'ignored' ... but so far not enough to reverse it . )

• Love
Reactions: AutumnEmbers, Circles, HGL91 and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Snark can be fun, but not if it's mean. On the other hand, we are a group with a very high percentage of unwell/maladjusted people, and as Tolstoy sort of said, unwell/maladjusted people are all unwell/maladjusted in our own way. Practicing compassion is good. Reporting posts that cross lines is better than getting into a fight. And the "ignore" button is there to be used.

@Arbie, that one response was a bad surprise in the otherwise interesting discussion you started. You could report it, or ignore that poster, or just sail on.

I'll now try to locate the other post you were talking about - can you give me a link, or a clue as to where to look?

Reactions: Circles, daikon and Thanatos
A

Arbie

Jul 20, 2019
Snark can be fun, but not if it's mean. On the other hand, we are a group with a very high percentage of unwell/maladjusted people, and as Tolstoy sort of said, unwell/maladjusted people are all unwell/maladjusted in our own way. Practicing compassion is good. Reporting posts that cross lines is better than getting into a fight. And the "ignore" button is there to be used.

@Arbie, that one response was a bad surprise in the otherwise interesting discussion you started. You could report it, or ignore that poster, or just sail on.

I'll now try to locate the other post you were talking about - can you give me a link, or a clue as to where to look?
Really isn't a big deal and I'm over it, I think a gentle reminder to be kind and think twice about your words is sufficient.

Reactions: Soul and Circles
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I've been here a few weeks and have only dealt with one kinda rude person, but hearing about their situation, I realized they're probably just moody and taking it out on other people.

Try not to take it personally :) Many people here are supportive!

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, Soul and Circles
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
The downside of a place like this is it's very easy for one persons problems to trigger anothers. That's when someone shows you who they really are.

Reactions: Circles
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Fuccem.

That's all. You share what you want to and anyone that doesn't like it can mute you. People bother others over the stupidest shit.

I'm sorry you've had this experience.

Feel free to post your thoughts. I suppose just be mindful of the correct board and proper tags. Not saying you did it wrong, I don't know whether you did or not, but it's something to remember.

xx
Fuccem.

That's all. You share what you want to and anyone that doesn't like it can mute you. People bother others over the stupidest shit.

I'm sorry you've had this experience.

Feel free to post your thoughts. I suppose just be mindful of the correct board and proper tags. Not saying you did it wrong, I don't know whether you did or not, but it's something to remember.

xx

Reactions: Circles and Soul
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I honestly don't understand nor sympathize with all the crybaby-bitching and nitpicking about how much people "dislike" the fact that this forum contains members with differing opinions.
You have a fucking Ignore button; we ALL have a fucking Ignore button. If someone disagrees with you, and your choice is to, instead of just hitting Ignore and move on with your life, make a bitchy little thread bemoaning the fact that people who disagree with you are allowed the same freedom of expression that you have, maybe you are just looking for things to bitch about.
Ditto for people who brag about not using the Ignore button. "Well I choose not to use Ignore, and I brag about it as if that's a mature choice that makes me a 'bigger person', but really it's just a way for me to stay perpetually offended by people I don't like, and occasionally bitch about it."
I've been here a few weeks and have only dealt with one kinda rude person, but hearing about their situation, I realized they're probably just moody and taking it out on other people.

Try not to take it personally :) Many people here are supportive!
Wait, whaaaaat? "Moody" people? On a suicide forum?

I don't believe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quiet_Sandwich, Thanatos and Circles
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
I honestly don't understand nor sympathize with all the crybaby-bitching and nitpicking about how much people "dislike" the fact that this forum contains members with differing opinions.
You have a fucking Ignore button; we ALL have a fucking Ignore button. If someone disagrees with you, and your choice is to, instead of just hitting Ignore and move on with your life, make a bitchy little thread bemoaning the fact that people who disagree with you are allowed the same freedom of expression that you have, maybe you are just looking for things to bitch about.
Ditto for people who brag about not using the Ignore button. "Well I choose not to use Ignore, and I brag about it as if that's a mature choice that makes me a 'bigger person', but really it's just a way for me to stay perpetually offended by people I don't like, and occasionally bitch about it."

Wait, whaaaaat? "Moody" people? On a suicide forum?

I don't believe it.
As a realist I'd have to agree with you. However perpetually spreading hate will get us nowhere as a community. Not talking about you just some select few I've seen, I personally take no offense to words online as I frankly don't give a shit

Reactions: not_a_robot
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
Yesterday , I threw out a random thought on methods....was publicly told that my thread should be deleted just because it was so stupid and it was making any member angry just reading it.

i made a joke once which was very obviously not meant to be taken seriously but someone still managed to throw a sjw ragefest saying i was ""marginalising"" a group of people xd

just put idiots on ignore, really

Reactions: Thanatos and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
As a realist I'd have to agree with you. However perpetually spreading hate will get us nowhere as a community. Not talking about you just some select few I've seen, I personally take no offense to words online as I frankly don't give a shit
I don't see much evidence of "spreading hate" on this forum, I just think people who would rather bitch about how others express themselves than use the Ignore button are experiencing Attention Deficit Disorder. As in, they feel they are not getting enough attention, so they try to get some by creating an issue over something that isn't really an issue.
I am probably oversensitive to this issue since I have been informed that I have a "dedicated fan" who "hates" me so much that instead of putting me on Ignore, it stalks me from thread to thread Reporting all my posts for being "offensive" to try to get me banned. Nice of them to create all that extra work for the mods, isn't it? And very mature.

(I put "hates" in quotation marks because that level of obsession makes it clear this person is obviously in love with me and hangs, trembling, upon my every word.
In fact they are probably reading this right now, finger poised hesitantly over 'Report'....)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul and Thanatos