derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
It's just one after another. I don't get how people put so much thought, care, and effort into what they're going to eat. 'oh, I'm really looking forward to X (meal, restaurant, etc)'. It's nuts to me. I don't care if I have a slightly better tasting meal that hits tastes good for a moment, especially if it takes more work to prepare. It does nothing to relieve me from this shit life. I'm still going to have to get up and slave away again tomorrow.

I think those kinds of things are just made to keep people from thinking about how shit life is.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: astr4, Unknown21, LaVieEnRose and 4 others
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
It's just one after another. I don't get how people put so much thought, care, and effort into what they're going to eat. 'oh, I'm really looking forward to X (meal, restaurant, etc)'. It's nuts to me. I don't care if I have a slightly better tasting meal that hits tastes good for a moment, especially if it takes more work to prepare. It does nothing to relieve me from this shit life. I'm still going to have to get up and slave away again tomorrow.

I think those kinds of things are just made to keep people from thinking about how shit life is.
Same, I'm not too fussy about eating deluxe fancy food or whatever but what happened to you? You were pretty optimistic about life recently.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, AvwJ and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
Same, I'm not too fussy about eating deluxe fancy food or whatever but what happened to you? You were pretty optimistic about life recently.
I try to be. My depression is cyclical for sure, but I also felt that my optimism wasn't helping with people I was trying to connect with on here.

I had some personal stuff happen and while it resolved without issue it kinda knocked off my rose colored glasses. Also got a friendly wake-up about how pathetic, pitiable, and undesirable I am, generally.

I wanted to make an alt account since I've developed a reputation and wanted to be able to vent anonymously - while also not having to have certain interactions - but I just got a 50% warning because I guess that's not allowed so I thought 'fuck it, I'm letting it fly'. Sorry if I'm a disappointment.

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, astr4 and Dark Moon
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Interesting, I'm the opposite. Depressed moods have made food so tasteless to me that I need to be really picky about eating to feel like something tastes good enough to swallow.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
Interesting, I'm the opposite. Depressed moods have made food so tasteless to me that I need to be really picky about eating to feel like something tastes good enough to swallow.
I can understand that. On really bad days I don't want to eat which leads to that nausea that comes with hunger which makes me not want to eat more so I guess in that case the food being appetizing is important.

Not A Fan

Not A Fan

Jun 22, 2024
Especially when you find out they're talking about "the Olive Garden."

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
I try to be. My depression is cyclical for sure, but I also felt that my optimism wasn't helping with people I was trying to connect with on here.

I had some personal stuff happen and while it resolved without issue it kinda knocked off my rose colored glasses. Also got a friendly wake-up about how pathetic, pitiable, and undesirable I am, generally.

I wanted to make an alt account since I've developed a reputation and wanted to be able to vent anonymously - while also not having to have certain interactions - but I just got a 50% warning because I guess that's not allowed so I thought 'fuck it, I'm letting it fly'. Sorry if I'm a disappointment.
Oh yeah, a lot of people are down here myself included.

Why do you think those things? You've got a job and I'm guessing a girlfriend/wife?

I think the rules said one account for each member and it's alright.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
Why do you think those things? You've got a job and I'm guessing a girlfriend/wife?
I think I'm pathetic because of how passive and weak I am: unable to change things in my life.

I think I'm pitiable because I was told so.

I think I'm undesirable because I always have been. I do have a job. It's nothing to write home about. I'm doing just okay. I'm replaceable like anyone else. I am with someone. Getting one person to agree to be with me doesn't make me feel desirable in a life of rejection outside that. I know that's not what I'm supposed to say but if she decides to leave there's no guarantee I find someone else.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
Was he/she lol? That's sad to know. @derpyderpins
I think I'm pathetic because of how passive and weak I am: unable to change things in my life.

I think I'm pitiable because I was told so.

I think I'm undesirable because I always have been. I do have a job. It's nothing to write home about. I'm doing just okay. I'm replaceable like anyone else. I am with someone. Getting one person to agree to be with me doesn't make me feel desirable in a life of rejection outside that. I know that's not what I'm supposed to say but if she decides to leave there's no guarantee I find someone else.
Can't count on someone else for happiness. Sure they can help, but you don't want to be that person who has to use people to gain their self-worth. You don't seem hopeless to me... which is depressing to see on this site coming from a person who actually and truly is. It's disheartening. You kind of want to mentally punch them lol because we see you could have a life worth living. But this is just an outsider's take :|

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
Was he/she lol? That's sad to know. @derpyderpins

Can't count on someone else for happiness. Sure they can help, but you don't want to be that person who has to use people to gain their self-worth. You don't seem hopeless to me... which is depressing to see on this site coming from a person who actually and truly is. It's disheartening. You kind of want to mentally punch them lol because we see you could have a life worth living. But this is just an outsider's take :|
I'd say up until a few weeks ago I annoyed a good portion of people here by being too optimistic. I try to give people support with reason rather than false platitudes, but right now I can't believe those things myself.

I'm sorry to depress you further. I understand I don't seem hopeless because I have a job and education, etc., but I've been at this a long time. I'm incompatible with the world around me.

I know we're not supposed to use others to measure our self worth, but I've never understood why (besides the fact that we don't like the results.) The only way we can measure our worth is in comparison to others.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Fwiw, I'm glad you even attempted to help me when you were feeling positive and now that you're not, that's fine too. I still envy parts of your existence but maybe I'm also afraid I'd similarly feel just as bad even if I were to succeed in obtaining what I want.

• Love
Reactions: penguinl0v3s and DeIetedUser4739
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
Fwiw, I'm glad you even attempted to help me when you were feeling positive and now that you're not, that's fine too. I still envy parts of your existence but maybe I'm also afraid I'd similarly feel just as bad even if I were to succeed in obtaining what I want.
I'm still rooting for you. Sorry I've been kinda absent.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: penguinl0v3s and Dr Iron Arc