cultpup

cultpup

Nov 1, 2023
protective alters taking over at the most critical moments is making CTB incredibly difficult for attempts that are near success/approaching serious danger. i am possessed close to the point of no return before they calmly reverse what i've done and i wake up in a hospital later. in moments where i surpass my own SI, theirs seems stronger than mine so they take over to save me. there is one alter who is specifically around to cut off my most serious attempts, and everyone who cuts me off is "stronger" than i am. they force me out of my body. even if i fight them they eventually win, or the fight itself is a strong enough disruption of the attempt to cause it to fail even if they haven't taken absolute full control quite yet.

does anyone else deal with this sort of SI?

P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
protective alters taking over at the most critical moments is making CTB incredibly difficult for attempts that are near success/approaching serious danger. i am possessed close to the point of no return before they calmly reverse what i've done and i wake up in a hospital later. in moments where i surpass my own SI, theirs seems stronger than mine so they take over to save me. there is one alter who is specifically around to cut off my most serious attempts, and everyone who cuts me off is "stronger" than i am. they force me out of my body. even if i fight them they eventually win, or the fight itself is a strong enough disruption of the attempt to cause it to fail even if they haven't taken absolute full control quite yet.

Get High (Weed, Alcohol, Opioids) Take medications that change your mood (Almost all) Makes you feel sleepy, drowsy etc.

Reactions: cultpup
cultpup

cultpup

Nov 1, 2023
Get High (Weed, Alcohol, Opioids) Take medications that change your mood (Almost all) Makes you feel sleepy, drowsy etc.
being high actually dramatically increases how much and clearly i can hear them and makes switches easier/smoother for me :( but you're probably onto something with being as relaxed as possible so no alarm bells are raised before i'm done.

P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
being high actually dramatically increases how much and clearly i can hear them and makes switches easier/smoother for me :( but you're probably onto something with being as relaxed as possible so no alarm bells are raised before i'm done.
Same with my 24 yr bro. I think every1 just has different reactions.

Reactions: cultpup
sobaconka

sobaconka

/mʌt/
Nov 3, 2023

I've dealt with this many times, and it was directly responsible for why I didn't go through with my previous attempt. Self-soothing and protecting parts are incredibly hard to circumvent. For me, there's also the addition of parts who fear death, and even parts who are too eager to CTB, risking my safety with unplanned/impulsive attempts.

It's an incredibly tough SI to get over. Any method too slow, and I'll find myself or a more impressionable part being talked out of it. Any method too violent, and a full on switch will occur. The only thing I've had mild success with (SI-wise) is ODing on prescription medication late at night. The dosage wasn't lethal, however due to how casual the action was, and how tired I had been, no other part was alerted to what happened.

Drowsiness (likely better induced) and a just-right method is probably what's needed to get over the SI DID enhances.

Reactions: mouseteacup
cultpup

cultpup

Nov 1, 2023
I've dealt with this many times, and it was directly responsible for why I didn't go through with my previous attempt. Self-soothing and protecting parts are incredibly hard to circumvent. For me, there's also the addition of parts who fear death, and even parts who are too eager to CTB, risking my safety with unplanned/impulsive attempts.

It's an incredibly tough SI to get over. Any method too slow, and I'll find myself or a more impressionable part being talked out of it. Any method too violent, and a full on switch will occur. The only thing I've had mild success with (SI-wise) is ODing on prescription medication late at night. The dosage wasn't lethal, however due to how casual the action was, and how tired I had been, no other part was alerted to what happened.

Drowsiness (likely better induced) and a just-right method is probably what's needed to get over the SI DID enhances.
yeah i noticed the exact same thing. too slow and you can be talked out of it because the others are scared, too violent and they stop you at the thought. i noticed the same about being casual and calm making switches less likely as well. it almost feels like tiptoeing down creaky stairs so you dont wake your parents.

last night i was really debating ctb but i was very upset so someone inside was alerted and very clearly threatened me. "if you try, i will send you back to the hospital." so i stayed where i sat.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mouseteacup, Decayed and rationaltake
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
i've found that antipsychotics greatly reduce switching in general and overall communication between alters

Decayed

Decayed

Oct 16, 2023
i have DID as well(diagnosed). it's very frustrating when your all ready to ctb but the other alters aren't i suggest trying to communicate with them to help them see why death is the best option or trying things like drugs or alcohol so your body is as relaxed as possible and sends minimal alerts to the others(these are all just theories on what you could do i'm in the same boat as you and have yet to attempt ctb without being switched out)

• Love
Reactions: mouseteacup