FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
I dislike non-free software like discord. They're in the business of surveillance. I do not wish to participate in that market. Further, they're very controlling and unpredictable. One minute you can do this, the next you can't. There's things you can't say because of their terms of service you're forced to agree to in order to use their software. Simply put: I don't agree with the terms. I can't use it.

I propose simplex chat as an alternative to discord and even this website's chat. Since these are often sensitive topics anonymity and privacy should be considered important, and simplex chat does a good technical implementation of preserving those attributes. Use as many personas as you want. Connect how you want (direct, i2p, tor, etc). Say what you want. Block who you want. Create your own groups.

It's free libre open source software. There's not a singular entity that controls it. It is a viable future platform that can evade attempts of suppression. No one owns "it". It can't be brought and sold like sanctioned-suicde.net can be.

I've made a group focused on recovery, but I envision it as a sort of general mental health channel. If you're an alley of my objectives: a free, distributed platform technically designed to preserve anonymity and privacy, that's capable of being hosted by the community without third-party dependencies: please join.

I titled the group "Chat with Miku" just because I like all Mikus. Link to join group: " https://simplex.chat/contact#/?v=2-...up","groupLinkId":"p5IGFxgmUuSKbsGiFN8PJw=="} ".

I hope to be able to chat with some of you in the future. Good luck with everyones' journeys. We can do this! Mikumourning

• Love
Reactions: mango-meridian, Hero Remeer, alienfreak and 1 other person