Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I've been mulling the options of CTB. Either doing it where I could be found, and family notified. Or going into the woods after erasing as much of myself as possible, and making it so I just disappear. The second option always has the problem of being found, regardless of one's best efforts. At first I thought about how I would go about it, and leaving no trace of myself. You know, nothing with me but the bare essentials to get the job done. No ID, no phone, I'd bury anything I brought with me in a different location, like clothes and luggage. Then it occurred to me...My method is firearm. Sure can't hide that after! Some States are harder than others as far as whether they are registered, or not. But, if trying to keep your CTB out of the lime-light, being found as a mystery person, with a link as big as a firearm with a serial number on it that would set off an investigation might not be as preferable as just letting yourself be found and identified to get it over with? Even without registration they can follow a chain of ownership, and it might be more invasive with the things they uncover along the way? Maybe it's better to just be, "hey here I am, and I'm dead! No need to go into it further!" If I had to choose between the two, I'd rather disappear. But, if I was found, and a big huff was made over it, and my life (and suicide) was made a spectacle, it would have been much better to do it with the authorities being satisfied as to identification and cause, leaving little to no further prying.